PDA

View Full Version : Narcissus' Reflections ... II

Narcissus
06-13-2005, 07:22 PM
aside from the very seldom post, haven't been around in quite some time. graduated this past december and have been continuing my genomics/bioinformatics research. training has been going quite well. i've been lifting steady w/ the same training partner (powerlifter) for a bit over a year. time has come to begin another diet, and thus i commence ...

for a reference, i am 6'0". i tipped the scales today at 287. i'll be dieting down to approximately 260, but the number is less important than my reflection. bodyfat is between 10 and 14 i would imagine - alex (belial) is supposed to be getting me in the bod-pod sometime this week so i can state w/ more accuracy the BF.

i am still not sure how i am going to arrange my diet - i am certainly going to carb-cycle again, but i think i'll be a little more generous w/ my calories, at least in the beginning. a little later tonight i'll come back w/ my meals for the day, and hopefully will have fitday'd them.

i am attaching my most recent picture - more just to give an idea of how things are shaping up. picture is from maybe 5 or 6 weeks ago, so i was probably around 270, or just under.

Chubrock
06-13-2005, 07:26 PM
You're a big, big boy bro. Read through some of the old journal you had. Def. some insane **** man. How's the job field for ya coming out with such an "exotic" degree? Also, I've always wondered what in the hell your Sig said.

On a totally different note, I started reading American Pyscho. Damn good read, and remembered you used to be a fan of the book.

getfit
06-13-2005, 07:32 PM
holy mother of god! you're huge!

Hockey66
06-13-2005, 07:37 PM
287.. :omg:

Jabberwocky
06-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Look forward to reading this journal. I missed out on the old one when it was going. Damnit I read the whole thing though, very very entertaining. You done your first show yet?

Jabberwocky
06-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Also looking forward to your famous brand of humor.

Narcissus
06-13-2005, 07:47 PM
so what i have eaten today (and will eat for the rest of the evening)...

Meal 1 (9:15 am):
1 cups (dry measure) old-fashioned oats
1 cup (dry measure) special-k red berries
2 tbsp natural peanut butter, crunchy (kroger brand)
2 scoops nitrean
12 oz skim milk (for cereal and nitrean ... i use the leftover from the cereal to mix w/ my protein)

Meal 2 (12:00 pm):
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, sauteed in olive oil w/ an italian bread crumb, crushed red pepper crust
2 cups (dry measure) brown rice

Meal 3 (3:00 pm):
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, sauteed in olive oil w/ an italian bread crumb, crushed red pepper crust
2 cups (dry measure) brown rice

Meal 4 (post-workout, 6:00 pm):
70 grams dextrose
2 scoops nitrean

Meal 5 (6:45 pm):
2 cups special-k red berries
2 scoops nitrean
16 oz skim milk (for cereal and nitrean ... i use the leftover from the cereal to mix w/ my protein)

Meal 6 (8:30 pm):
4 oven-baked chicken tenders (probably about 1 chicken breasts' worth)
8 cherry-sized fresh mozzarella

Meal 7 (10:30 pm):
1 chicken breasts, fileted into cutlets and pounded thin, coated w/ olive oil and baked in a garlic, marsala wine sauce
8 cherry-sized fresh mozzarella

Meal 8 (11:30 pm):
2 scoops nitrean
8 oz skim milk

Narcissus
06-13-2005, 07:56 PM
chubrock: thanks ... job field wasn't really an issue for me. i was offered my current position about 6 months before i had graduated. however, i am only planning on remaining here for the next 5 months or so, long enough to complete the research projects in which i'm currently involved, and then i'll be moving back home permanently, to the paradise that is south florida! and yes, american psycho is among my favorite books, and is certainly at the top of my favorite movie list.

getfit, hockey - thanks :) just have to continue progressing. that is the hard part - trying to ensure that i do not stagnate.

jabberwockey: thanks - and no shows for me yet, not until i create something worth presenting.

Jabberwocky
06-13-2005, 08:00 PM
For your first amateur show you are going to look like a pro, it's going to be absurd.

Chubrock
06-13-2005, 08:14 PM
So what does your sig say Narc??

Manveet
06-13-2005, 08:25 PM
:lurk:

KiwiBuilder
06-13-2005, 08:30 PM
So what does your sig say Narc??

Something along the lines of "Speak only of things you know about" or, if you don't know what you're talking about, shut the hell up.

Patz
06-13-2005, 08:35 PM
HUGE

wow..

Narcissus
06-13-2005, 08:35 PM
chubrock: literal translation is "whereupon one cannot speak, thereupon one must remain silent" ... essentially that if you are ignorant of a subject, perhaps it is best that you keep quiet

PowerManDL
06-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Matt, looking awesome man.

And moving back to south Florida? My current plans have me moving to Ft. Lauderdale around July 1st or so assuming everything goes right. Lemme know when you're heading back that way.

Canadian Crippler
06-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Looking forward to reading this. Are you cutting down for personal preference or are you getting ready for competition?

I also found it quite interesting to see you use Nitrean... with your past with chris mason and all.

Narcissus
06-13-2005, 10:12 PM
powerman: thanks bro ... and yeah, i should hopefully be back home permanently by december, assuming all goes well.

cc: for personal preference really - i'd like to have a better idea of where i am at, versus where i, ideally, want to be. and the thing with chris was essentially completely eradicated once i posted my video and pictures, proving that i, in fact, did exist - he even defended me a few times to other members. additionally, nitrean is honestly the best protein supplement i have ever had, by far. i have used in consistently since they began selling it, and i am sure chris can even tell you i am quite the repeat customer :)

Narcissus
06-13-2005, 10:14 PM
on to a completely unrelated topic - my cat. she does not lead what i, and most, would refer to as an "active lifestyle". please reference the attached candid photograph.

rookiebldr
06-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey Matt, welcome back to the site. Good to see you're posting again. You're looking huge as usual but post up some better pics, this isn't the "pics of my squatters ass" thread. ;)

TTT
06-14-2005, 04:44 AM
I saw some of your BB row pics/vids awhile ago.... damn you're a beast.
It's interesting seeing the various professions of the people on the board - I'm sort of in the same industry you are (or will be, anyway).

Alex.V
06-14-2005, 06:59 AM
dude, I love that cat.

Herc
06-14-2005, 07:19 AM
So how is the NC chapter of WBB?

Good to hear from you again. Looking amazing, at some point you should post a transfromation series so that people can see the crazy change your physique has gone through.

oh and I can't believe I'm the first one...

:spam:

Relentless
06-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey Matt, welcome back to the site. Good to see you're posting again. You're looking huge as usual but post up some better pics, this isn't the "pics of my squatters ass" thread. ;)

I gotta agree... that pic is pretty useless for any sense of size/proportion other than "yeah you look pretty thick".

But I'm sure that, as in the past, your progression will amaze and inspire.

Good ta see ya back.

Focused70
06-14-2005, 08:17 AM
Be ready for some food pr0n.

:p

Spamwise

rookiebldr
06-14-2005, 09:24 AM
I seemed to have missed the picture thread when I posted my comment above. But current ones at 270 are in order. ;)

Drai's
06-14-2005, 09:45 AM
2.5 cups (dry measure) rice is about 7.5 cooked. That's impressive to eat in a sitting...and then repeat again 3 hours later. I guess you don't hit 287 eating lightly though.

Looking huge bro.

PowerManDL
06-14-2005, 09:50 AM
haha you should have seen his old 10,000 calorie bulking diet

Narcissus
06-14-2005, 10:28 AM
rookie: thanks - and current pics would be at 287, not 270. that one i posted is from about 5 or 6 weeks back. if i pick up some double A batteries today on my way home, i can snap a couple tonight on my digital cam.

ttt: what are you doing right now? still in school, or in some sort of biotech position?

alex: the willow is the best. she is also the laziest though ... and now that she's put on some more pounds (ounces?) she doesn't climb the posts anymore. i should start her on a diet too, get her to cycle her purina kitten chow or something.

herc: thanks ... and a series would be interesting to see, but i do not think that i have a series of pictures from the different stages of my "physique" in the same position.

callahan: thanks, and as i said to rookie, hopefully i'll pick up a couple batteries on the way home.

drai's: it is not nearly that much once it is cooked. i doubt i even cook my rice halfway ...usually about a quarter of it tastes completely uncooked, and is still crunchy.

powerman: ahh ... those were the days.

Drai's
06-14-2005, 10:49 AM
haha you should have seen his old 10,000 calorie bulking diet

I remember it vaguely. The difference is that it contained a lot of "messy" foods, whereas 7.5 cups of brown rice is a helluva lot of clean carbs for one meal. But now I see it doesn't actually = 7.5 cups. Any reason you don't fully cook the rice, Narc? :confused:

Narcissus
06-14-2005, 11:00 AM
drai's: much slower digestion of the carbohydrates. one of the things recommended to diabetics who eat pasta, for example, is to cook it al dente because it lowers the glycemic index of the pasta. also, i find it a little more palatable to eat the rice if it is not "fluffy", as it were.

Hatred
06-14-2005, 11:39 AM
****in a man...glad to see you back.
and i was also one of the people that went to your journa to see what you had eaten.

Relentless
06-14-2005, 12:19 PM
drai's: much slower digestion of the carbohydrates. one of the things recommended to diabetics who eat pasta, for example, is to cook it al dente because it lowers the glycemic index of the pasta. also, i find it a little more palatable to eat the rice if it is not "fluffy", as it were.

you can also roast the rice before steaming/boiling although this actually takes out most of the starch and leaves mostly just fibre and protein...makes the rice taste kinda nice though

chris mason
06-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Let's get some more pics Narc.

Are you planning to compete or just getting lean?

cphafner
06-14-2005, 08:12 PM
I look forward to reading your journal. I wish you were bulking again, reading your 10000 cal days was amazing. Good luck with the cut.

Isaac Wilkins
06-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Good to see you posting again, Big Sexy.

The diet looks decent, as usual.

Narcissus
06-20-2005, 05:05 PM
here is a picture from about 10 minutes ago, mixing some protein ... bloated up :)

and i am guessing that i am still 287ish, bc i definitely abandoned my diet about wednesday last week. so this week i am actually beginning ...

Blood&Iron
06-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Holy sh*t you're huge.

Not that I wasn't aware of that already. But still...

Unholy
06-20-2005, 05:09 PM
WoW you are freakin huge

Hatred
06-20-2005, 06:17 PM
You are wasting away man.....

Narcissus
06-20-2005, 07:03 PM
b&i, holywars: thanks :) not yet, but one day ... one day, the only reaction that people will be able to elicit upon my sight will be "what - the - ****!?". but that day is not anywhere near :(

hatred: i agree wholeheartedly. that is why it is so hard for me to begin to diet, but alas, i know it is necessary.

Narcissus
06-20-2005, 07:10 PM
here are some more pictures.

getfit
06-20-2005, 07:11 PM
good god you really are massive!!!!

KiwiBuilder
06-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Yup, hyooooooge. Just comparing your arms to the size of your wrist puts it in perspective for me!

briancurran01
06-20-2005, 07:16 PM
GAWDDAMN!!!!!

if only i could get that muscular big

cphafner
06-20-2005, 07:40 PM
man you're looking huge.

Hockey66
06-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Dude, you're huge.

More pictures!

Meat_Head
06-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Great to see you back man. You're massive! Is your routine similar to the one in your old journal?

KevinStarke
06-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Massive, all there is to say about that

BCC
06-21-2005, 03:26 AM
Matt, looking huge as always. Those are some damn impressive forearms there. Upper arms may be a slight weakness, but you should somewhat change that most muscular you're doing in the 2nd picture (of the 3 picture set). This will sound odd, but perhaps don't put your arms as far behind you (hands) and try to push your biceps against your lats. I think that would do your arms far more justice in that type of pose. You probably won't get it at first, but eventually you'll "feel" it.