PDA

View Full Version : 16 Week Contest

boxingtigger
06-14-2005, 07:29 AM
Just as the thread states, I entered the Instone Life Change Contest. I am now in my 16th week and will be getting my final photos tomorrow. I thought that I would post my progress pics to see what you guys think. I will be putting my final pics up later this week. Prior to the 16 weeks, I had not work out in over 7 years. The pictures are in order of progress. By the way, gained 5lbs, lost 8% bf, and put on 17.5lbs. lean muslce.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/DonClaggett/2-27-05/BEFORE-FRONT-27FEB05-edited.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/DonClaggett/2-27-05/BEFORE-POSE-27FEB05-edited.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/DonClaggett/2-27-05/BEFORE-BACK-27FEB05.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/DonClaggett/May%202005/9May05-d.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/DonClaggett/May%202005/9May05-b.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/DonClaggett/Side1.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/DonClaggett/Front1.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/DonClaggett/June%202005/9June05-b.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/DonClaggett/June%202005/9June05-a.jpg

Canadian Crippler
06-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Try taking the pictures at the EXACT same angle with the EXACT same lighting. You definately have made gains though.

Haven't you posted these already?

Unholy
06-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Nice work for 16 weeks

boxingtigger
06-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Yes, these have been posted before. I just thought putting them all together would help show the progress over the 16 week period.

chris6969
06-14-2005, 07:59 PM
tan + shave chest = half the difference...

BF loss + pumped up (vs. unpumped) = other half

looks like very little difference in muscle size

smalls
06-14-2005, 11:42 PM
tan + shave chest = half the difference...

BF loss + pumped up (vs. unpumped) = other half

looks like very little difference in muscle size

This guy lost more fat in 16 weeks than you have in your entire lifting career and you have the audacity to make condesending remarks. You've gotta be kidding me. Constructive criticism is one thing, being a dick for no purpose is another.

I think you have made very good progress for 16 weeks and you have a good overall build. Quite a bit of fat loss while putting on some good muscle, not something everyone can do. Keep up the great work, your shape is very good, you have lots of potential.

bigpoppapump979
06-15-2005, 12:36 AM
i agree 100% with chris, but i would have put it differently. id have said the loss of the bf around the waist and the tan gave you a completely different slimmer, healthier look. theres a slight difference in muscle size also. not taking away from your progress tigger...but 17 and a half lbs of muscle? your legs look slimmer in the second set of pictures...you filled out up top, but with the fat loss (8% overall bf??) theres just no way.

boxingtigger
06-15-2005, 07:12 AM
I would like to thank each of you for responding to my post. In reguards to the body fat and muscle gain, when I started out in February my bf% was 17% and I had it checked by three different people to confirm reading. My last reading was just around 9% bf. My starting weight was 163lbs., my ending weight was 168lbs. Do the math. It comes out to be 17.59lbs. lean muscle mass gain. Also, you have to consider that in my starting pictures, I actually was flexed.

Drai's
06-15-2005, 09:41 AM
This guy lost more fat in 16 weeks than you have in your entire lifting career and you have the audacity to make condesending remarks. You've gotta be kidding me. Constructive criticism is one thing, being a dick for no purpose is another.

LMFAO, I don't think anything on this site has ever made me laugh harder. All I can say is, soooooo true.

I think you have made very good progress for 16 weeks and you have a good overall build. Quite a bit of fat loss while putting on some good muscle, not something everyone can do. Keep up the great work, your shape is very good, you have lots of potential.

:withstupi Congrats man.

Gutz981
06-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Keep workin and eat

chris6969
06-16-2005, 08:21 AM
It is good progress.... but I just can't see 17lbs of muscle added in 16 weeks, while losing that much fat too. I think the #'s could be fudged a little bit to help him win the contest.

I didn't mean to come off sounding like a dick. But I think he's glorifying his results a little bit, tan + shave + manipulating the #'s..... ex: if he's got a packed full stomach of food and drank a lot of water..... the scale would show more "lean" muscle... but the calipers wouldn't see that extra weight.

And I've put on more and lost more weight than many people have, including this guy. If you put it as a % of my beginning bodyweight.... there's not many who in this forum that did as much.

I went from about 128lbs about 12% to 200lbs about 20% (56% increase in body mass, estimated 48lbs of lean mass), and benching 325. (granted this was over about 6 year years to my peak weight 1994-2000)

I levelled off for about 3-4 years, fluctuating between 200-190.

Then the past year or so I've tapered back my calories and I'm down to 173lbs... (lost about 20lbs) still benching about 295lbs. And working on a six pack. About 12% BF right now.... and will post some more results later.

Drai's
06-16-2005, 09:26 AM
If you put it as a % of my beginning bodyweight.... there's not many who in this forum that did as much.

You've gained 45 lbs of LBM over 11 years, or about 4 lbs of LBM/year. Not saying you haven't come a long way, but to say you're one of few on this board with results like that... :rolleyes:.

It's taken me about 5 years to do that, and for a large portion of that time I didn't know what I was doing. AND I don't really consider it impressive. I have a long way to go still.

boxingtigger
06-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Just so you are aware, my numbers aren't fudged. I actually have weekly print outs from all my bf% readings with weights. To be completly honest, it would serve no purpose for me to lie about the numbers. All information will be verified by Instone. So lying about results would only get me kicked out of the contest.

boxingtigger
06-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Also, about food weight and water. All reading were taken on an empty stomach in the morning on the same scale, same person and on every friday. Actually, I cut my water from 2 gallons a day to 1 quart the last week before my final readings.

pinky8713
06-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Man, don't worry about what those guys said. You made some awesome progress, good work..

chris6969
06-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Ok, I well it sounds like you're doing a consistent job of measuring. I wasn't knocking your progress.

I was just questioning if it was a 100% accurate. You never know..... I wasn't sure if you were one of those people that goes around spaming forums, boards (and/or magazines) to promote some type of diet, contest, or supplement. You see the pics where the person is unflexed, hairy, and pale with bad lighting. Then x # of weeks later they are flexing, tanned, oiled up, and shaved with perfect lighting. half the difference has nothing to do with the actually weightloss. (glorified results to sell something... etc)

(and while I've been working out on and off for about 11 years.... all of my size gains were in the first 5-6 years or so... the past 5-6 I've levelled off and gotten fat, then the past year I got back in to it and dieted to get lean)

boxingtigger
06-16-2005, 02:08 PM
I will agree about the other companies posting pictures that aren't all true. It doesn't take a trained eye to see that they are trying to pull a fast one. I truely hope that you don't look as me being one of those fake ads. I worked very hard to get where I am at over the last 16 weeks and I am hoping that over the next 16 weeks I can make even more progress. I will be trying to add even more clean, lean muscle mass.

smalls
06-16-2005, 09:27 PM
It is good progress.... but I just can't see 17lbs of muscle added in 16 weeks, while losing that much fat too. I think the #'s could be fudged a little bit to help him win the contest.

I didn't mean to come off sounding like a dick. But I think he's glorifying his results a little bit, tan + shave + manipulating the #'s..... ex: if he's got a packed full stomach of food and drank a lot of water..... the scale would show more "lean" muscle... but the calipers wouldn't see that extra weight.

And I've put on more and lost more weight than many people have, including this guy. If you put it as a % of my beginning bodyweight.... there's not many who in this forum that did as much.

I went from about 128lbs about 12% to 200lbs about 20% (56% increase in body mass, estimated 48lbs of lean mass), and benching 325. (granted this was over about 6 year years to my peak weight 1994-2000)

I levelled off for about 3-4 years, fluctuating between 200-190.

Then the past year or so I've tapered back my calories and I'm down to 173lbs... (lost about 20lbs) still benching about 295lbs. And working on a six pack. About 12% BF right now.... and will post some more results later.

Cool, I wasnt trying to come off too harsh either, I just thought the statements where unnecassary. I agree that it doesnt look like 17lbs lbm. But I doubt he lied, calipers just arent that accurate.