PDA

View Full Version : Grapes & fruits

chuck
12-09-2001, 01:39 PM
Just wondering what your opinion on fruit and grapes in particular is. From what I've read, grapes are low in calories.. and have basically no carbs, fat, or protein. So do fruits like grapes make great snacks I ought to keep around all the time should hunger strike?

Any negatives or things to watch out for with fruits?

thanks!

syntekz
12-09-2001, 09:55 PM
Anything with 'no' calories is usually a perfect snack, especially when trying to lose weight.

Another thing you might want to try is sugar free pudding or jello. The only calories in that is from the milk used to make the mix.

ToysRusKid
12-09-2001, 09:59 PM
i THINK grapes are high in vit. C too, i could be wrong.

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-10-2001, 04:10 AM
grapes DO have carbs, infact, grapes would be almost pure carbs if it wasn't for all the water. You ever read the nutritional values for sultanas, raisins or currants? The carbs are also pretty much pure natural sugar too.

But they are full of water so you need to eat a hell of a lot for any significance.

They're damn tastey too.

Tryska
12-10-2001, 06:53 AM
well fruits are high in natural sugars..predominantly fructose, which IMO is a lesser evil as far as sugars go, but you can still have too much of a good thing.....try not to go over 2 or 3 servings of fruit a day. I personally have maybe 1 serving a day?

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-10-2001, 07:24 AM
I totally agree about the moderation T. This seems to be a common answer to most BBing enquires haha "Can i go on a murder spree?"

"Only in moderation."

Anyhoo, what i meant with the suagrs is that if you read the nutrition label of foods you'll see

Carbohydrates: Xg
of which sugars: Yg

and with grapes [or raisins, currants or sultanans] they amount of which sugars is almost or completely the same as the amount of carbs - so all sugar.

Raisins are one of the few fruits you can weigh out and know exactly how many carbs you're getting haha...

Tryska
12-10-2001, 07:28 AM
heh....yeah but chigs, if you don't mention the moderation part, you get people with diets such as below:

1: oatmeal and a banana, orange juice.
2. grapes
3. pizza, one banana
4. (post-workout) malto and whey, cherries.
5. steak, baked potatoe, jello
6. banana

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-10-2001, 07:34 AM
you should do a search for one of Gino's diets. It looked quite similar to that fruit wise.