PDA

View Full Version : Cardio! Before or After Weight Lifting?

poopoozilla
06-14-2005, 06:48 PM
I've gotten back into working out and trying to be healthier. This includes lifestyle changes, nutrition, yada, yada, yada. I'm @ 5' 8", 183lbs, with 20 percent bodyfat. I want to get ripped and gain some muscle at the same time. I've been doing cardio before my workouts. I workout in the morning's before I eat anything. I've heard that doing cardio before lifting weights is better and vice versa. Does anybody have good information/experience with any information on this?

any thoughts, comments, advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Built
06-14-2005, 07:02 PM
This has been discussed elsewhere.

We all want to get huge and ripped. LOL!

Do your cardio second, or first thing in the AM empty, but do NOT do your lifting empty.

If you intend to always train in the AM, knock back a whey shake and some dextrose or oats before you lift, and do your cardio right after that.

If it's a non-lifting day, AM empty cardio is good.

DNL
06-14-2005, 07:04 PM
i prefer to have cardio on its own days or after resistance training.

Wannabelean
06-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Good Lord, someone asks this question every day hahahhaa.. AFTER

ILL_Mitch
06-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Truth be told, I ALWAYS do my running before my lifting. I do this because I've been told it stimulates the muscles, and when lifting really heavy after a hard run, the muscles become explosive or some ****, I don't really know why. But that's what I've been told, so I'm doing it regardless of whether it's right or wrong :p

Built
06-16-2005, 12:46 AM
It's wrong.

Knock yourself out.

gopher
06-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Truth be told, I ALWAYS do my running before my lifting. I do this because I've been told it stimulates the muscles, and when lifting really heavy after a hard run, the muscles become explosive or some ****, I don't really know why. But that's what I've been told, so I'm doing it regardless of whether it's right or wrong :p
WRONG WRONG WRONG!
Do whatever you want but running prior to lifting is very counter productive.

MnM
06-16-2005, 01:13 AM
i tried running before and my lifts were all low...running made me tired.

I agree with built that u should do am cardio on non lift days and after your workout on your lift days.

poopoozilla
06-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the info.

I think I started doing cardio before weightlifting because I had read in some magazine that overall it's supposed to be better for the whole body, not just the bodybuilding aspect but your health in general.

I absoulutely must workout in the am as my job right now has me working from 11am to 8pm. I wake up around 5:00 to 6:00am and hit the gym soon after. I'm talking some glutamine and L-carnitine prior to my workout and some glutamine afterwards with musclemilk. I've only started to diet seriously and am trying to hit 45% protein, 35% carbs, and 20% fats.

Normally I would do cardio before working out. What I did today is down some musclemilk before my workout, interval training for my cardio, and then another musclemilk serving after my workout? I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens with the switcheroo.

What kind of workout routine/ diet do you need to shred up and get swole at the same time? (maybe this belongs in another new thread?)

thanks for tall the info peoples.

Stray
06-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Don't cardio on your lifting days if you can...

poopoozilla
06-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Ok, so I shouldn't do Cardio on my workout days.

My workout schedule is this:

Day 1: Chest and Biceps
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Shoulders Triceps
Day 4: Back
Abs on day 1 and 3
Rest
Repeat cycle

I've been doing cardio every day. With the intent of getting shredded and swole at the same time, what time of workout routine would you guys recommend?

Thanks

X33gone
06-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Good Lord, someone asks this question every day hahahhaa.. AFTER

Good lord, someone says this everyday.