PDA

View Full Version : Rice and Beans...

YungLifter
06-15-2005, 04:32 AM
Im having a little trouble with making this lol. The thing is I usually soak the beans over night then just add them to rice when the rice is almost done which I don't think is the way to do it. How do you do it so that you put them both in and they cook for a longer time together?

getfit
06-15-2005, 05:01 AM
you should cook the beans at least for 1hr-simmer in about 3/4 quarts of water and then add them to the rice well that's how i've done it- beans have to be soft!

cook seperately the beans-rice cooks fast

then i just add the beans to the rice and mix them up together

what kind of beans are you using the canned ones? i buy dry beans in bulk

YungLifter
06-15-2005, 06:24 AM
yea dry beans, I don't like canned stuff to much. Thats why I soak them over night b/c like that they take like 5mins to cook then I would add them to the rice when rice is almost done.

D Breyer
06-15-2005, 07:35 AM
mmmm i use black beans and yellow rice... one of my most favorite dishes

YungLifter
06-15-2005, 07:40 AM
yep I love black beans but usually have it with brown rice.

endoplasm
06-15-2005, 01:11 PM
How long will cooked beans last in the fridge? I'd like to make a ton of beans and rice all at once. Thanks.

getfit
06-15-2005, 02:14 PM
How long will cooked beans last in the fridge? I'd like to make a ton of beans and rice all at once. Thanks.
i've had them up to a week in the fridge!

law56ker
06-19-2005, 08:36 PM
I'll have to try to start cooking beans I usaully have bought the canned beans. Whats the best way to prepare and cook beans.

ReelBigFish
06-19-2005, 11:08 PM
I'll have to try to start cooking beans I usaully have bought the canned beans. Whats the best way to prepare and cook beans.

Put them in a pot first, add water and let them soak over night. Then the next day, drain them, add fresh water, bring them to a boil and then let them simmer for 45 mins to 1 hr.