PDA

View Full Version : New here

karkid
12-09-2001, 07:35 PM
Hey all,
I guess I'll just introduce myself.

I am a 16 year old male that has been lifting weights since i was 13. I started out at the local YMCA, as soon as I was old enough. When I transfered from a prep school to the local public, I started the school lifting program, with free wieghts-basically bench, squat, power clean, dead lift, and military press. Then when I was 14 I joined the only gym in out town other than the Y, which only has machines. The Fountains, is a small family owned business, and that is where my real lifting began. I got the basic run through by one of the local's, do this and that and this, 3 to 4 times weekly. Since then I've developed a diet and schedule, and added a little bit of supplement, under instruction of a girl that works out at the gym, and is a trainer in St. Louis.

As follows:
Mondays: bench, incline dbs, decline dbs, 2 pulling exercises for my back, dont know names
Tuesdays: smith machine squat, calf push ups, quad curls, extensions, i think i'm gonna add lunges
Wednesdays: db curls, preacher curls, sometimes bar curls, and always cable curls slow with light wieght and 15 reps, and tri's workouts, dont know names and i vary a lot, can't find stuff i like much
Thursdays: shoulders - arnold press, machine press, barbell chin ups, and db shrugs
Friday: rest or chest

Also, 2.75 miles run walk over a period of 43 minutes, mon through fri

Diet:
Meal One: 2 egg whites
Meal Two: protein bar, started with Luna, went to Pure Protein, now on MesoTech, next box will be NitroTech i think
Meal Three: 5 egg whites, one egg yolk, baked potato, broccoli/califlower
Meal Four: cup of cottage cheese/yogart
Meal Five: a chicken breast, salad, usually
My 6th meal is supposed to be a piece of fruit, but usually dont get it in

Supplements:
Creatine, loading right now, have GNC Pro
Hydroxycut, started it yesterday, 4 pills a day

Stats:
last checked: 225 lbs., 23% bf
started out at: 250ish, a lot more bf
just short of 6ft, big frame

Looking to lose more bodyfat, and upsize my muscles.
I need to get back to my diet, and I was looking for inspiration and found a board in my favorite style, vB, so here I am. Looking forward to a good time and lots of learning on this board.

Check ya later
Denny

syntekz
12-09-2001, 10:48 PM
Welcome aboard!

And good luck!

karkid
12-09-2001, 11:59 PM
i just did a calorie count, and stuck to that diet 100%, i'm only getting about 1100 calories

according to some calculator my BMR is 2265 calories

i am wanting to lose body fat, but should i up my calorie intake?

Also, does any mod want to be super friendly and move this to Journals, if not i'll just start a new thread over there, but it would be cool if you could

Joe Black
12-10-2001, 03:07 AM
all done :)

And good luck!

Neil
12-10-2001, 10:44 AM
I would increase your calories to about 2000 and adjust from there, 1100 is way to little. Also cancel the fruit before bed, replace it with a some sort of quality protein source. Eat that peice of fruit with breakfast along with about 6 egg whites instead of 2. Try to count your protein, I'd go for about 210-250g a day spaced at about 2.5-3 hours inbetween doses. Don't load on the creatine, take 5-6g postworkout and thats it. The loading will probably only make you hold more water. Use the money you'll save on creatine to buy some glutamine. I take 20g a day of it although that is on the high side, probably 10g a day in 2 5g doses would be good.

karkid
12-10-2001, 01:10 PM
well today at school this hydroxycut is making me hyper as heck and on minimum dose, its 1 in the afternoon and i've only eaten 2 protien bars, didn't have money or time yet, after school i will do the eggs and something, then lift about 4.30 or 5

i read the creatine article last night, 2 g a day, i need a scale or something

lots of water, lots of water, keep the comments and advice coming if you have it, all is welcome

-denny

Neil
12-10-2001, 06:23 PM
2g a day? I guess I must have missed that study.

karkid
12-10-2001, 06:51 PM
topped the day off with math team practice, a visit to the doc, a salad, 3 small pieces of pizza, and my serving of creatine, no workout cause i got about 2 hours of sleep last night

karkid
12-11-2001, 10:34 PM
chest, shoulders

diet, blah dont feel like typing it out, ended up being bout 2000 calories, 2/5 of them protein, wanted about 50 g's more but i suck

oh well

oh and check... lost 1.something% of my bodyfat this month