PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food

tvta
06-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Im a noob here so bare with me. Im 21 yrs old, about 135-140 lbs and have been lifting for about 3 months. First off, I eat fast food atleast 2 meals a day but hit the gym and lift hard almost every day. I have superhuman metabolism so the fast food dosent put on any weight, and I try to take weight gainer every day to make sure I get the good calories/nutrients that I need. Im also on creatine. Can someone explain to me if fast food is really as detremental to bodybuilding as most people say, in my case specifically.

getfit
06-16-2005, 01:27 PM
2 meals a day junk food oh my!!!

have a look @ the diet/nutrition forum there's a sticky on"what a bodybuilder eats"

Drai's
06-16-2005, 01:32 PM
If you have a fast metabolism, fast food isn't a detriment to BODYBUILDING at all...it's still a detriment to your health though.

ILL_Mitch
06-16-2005, 01:33 PM
that's sickening..

Ur eating sh*t 2x a day? wow, ur arteries must be clogged brother

Bring a lunch to work or something man

Drai's
06-16-2005, 01:37 PM
I have superhuman metabolism so the fast food dosent put on any weight.

Most people that claim this don't eat nearly as much as they think.

getfit
06-16-2005, 01:40 PM
sure have your junk food once and awhile! but twice a day i think it's a little over the top fast metabolism or not!

Drai's
06-16-2005, 01:48 PM
sure have your junk food once and awhile! but twice a day i think it's a little over the top fast metabolism or not!

Like I said, it's not healthy. But it IS high calorie for a guy who claims he can't eat enough to gain weight.

Wierz
06-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Most people that claim this don't eat nearly as much as they think.

Very true. Conditioning your body to eat more often and more in quantity can be very hard after years of eating minimally. MRP's and weight gain shakes are my godsend.

That being said, to the original poster: have you ever seen "Super Size Me"? If you haven't, rent it. If you have, watch it again, you missed something.

good luck with your goals though, it's a learning process.

Drheckler
06-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Fast food bad...........

BBar23
06-16-2005, 03:01 PM
thats disgusting...don't eat that **** for a month and continue to workout as hard as you say you do and you'll see a difference. You maybe working out to maintain due the the garbage you are puttin ginto your body not working out to develop.

getfit
06-16-2005, 03:06 PM
ok well here's a story my ex training partner lived on junk food! dunno he was an ox! superhuman but i'm pretty sure he's insides weren't very happy!

Zygote
06-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Even 2 fast food meals a day will barely cover your RMR especially if your metabolism is very fast. Then you need to add enough good food for your expended energy during activity and working out. Then you need to add some for muscle growth.

My sister has the faster metabolism I have ever seen, I think she hovers around a setpoint of about 10% bf and she also eats crap food like McDonalds, Pizza etc and wonders why she can't put on weight just like you. I tell her the same thing, eat till you puke, but she doesn't listen either. Bitch!!!

Zygote

YungLifter
06-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Does everyone consider places like blimpie/subway as fast food places?

Hoobastank
06-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Morgan Spurlock's "Super Size Me" comes to mind...

NicH.

WBBIRL
06-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Subs are alright if you dont get them loaded up with mayo/cheese and dressings. Even with those things their still alot better for you then nearly every other fast food out there. Super Size Me changed my mind about fast food forever, although that was an extreme it still shows just what that kind of food does to your body. After I get to my goal weight and muscular build, Ill almost never eat fast food, maybe twice a month if Im lucky. Thats about how often I eat it now, last night I have two slices of pizza and a dozen of garlic wings.

Sensei
06-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Im a noob here so bare with me. Im 21 yrs old, about 135-140 lbs and have been lifting for about 3 months. First off, I eat fast food atleast 2 meals a day but hit the gym and lift hard almost every day. I have superhuman metabolism so the fast food dosent put on any weight, and I try to take weight gainer every day to make sure I get the good calories/nutrients that I need. Im also on creatine. Can someone explain to me if fast food is really as detremental to bodybuilding as most people say, in my case specifically.

My guess is that you hardly ever cook and that your refrigerator is basically empty except for drinks... If you are serious about your health and weight gains/loss, then you're going to have to be a little more serious about your diet and start cooking - fast food just isn't going to cut it.

I know what it's like to be single and trying to cook for just yourself, but Lordy, crack open a cookbook or spend some time at a cooking website and put that info to use! Develop a cooking repetoire that doesn't include a blender or a drive-through!

YungLifter
06-16-2005, 05:19 PM
:withstupi I'm 17 year old and I cook all my own food because I live with my parents and what they make sometimes just isn't the healthiest thing's to be eating hehe. But whats wrong with using a blender?

DNL
06-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Not all fast food items are horrible though. I mean you just have to know what you are getting. And you can easily go to their homepage and print out their menu with all the nutritional info, and keep that in your car.

D Breyer
06-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Morgan Spurlock's "Super Size Me" comes to mind...

NicH.
i watched this just an hour ago... amazing movie, learned a ton (chicken nugguts... ewhhhhhh) ... i watched it because i was very impressed with his show last night, "30 days with morgan spurlock" where he lives 30 days only on minumum wage... really opened my eyes to people that have to live on minimum wage every day...

Canadian Crippler
06-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Your misunderstanding of diet in bodybuilding is far more detrimental than any fast food.

D Breyer
06-16-2005, 07:39 PM
hahah, true that CC

PhilsterT
06-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Whoa, what's this "30 Days on Minimum Wage"? Never heard about it.

WBBIRL
06-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Its on FX every wednesday night, last nights was 30 Days on minimum wage. I dont think they would have done too bad had it not been for the medical bills, and even then I wouldnt want to live like that.

Next wednesday will be about anabolic steroids to my understanding, something like he will be lifting and training for 30 days to see what happens.

I just found this

Super Size Me" director Morgan Spurlock talks with the New York Times about his new FX cable network TV show, "30 Days":

So, while he will be the host and narrator of the entire series, Mr. Spurlock is the subject of only one episode - the June 15 series debut, in which he and Ms. Jamieson spend 30 days trying to live on the minimum wage in Columbus, Ohio. Later episodes will focus on a Christian man living for 30 days with a Muslim family in Dearborn, Mich.; a straight man spending 30 days with a gay couple in San Francisco; a woman who takes on the binge-drinking experiment to make a point to her college-age daughter; an over-the-hill athlete who tries steroids to regain his former glory; and, Mr. Spurlock says, "a family of mass consumers who go to an experimental eco-village where they live, essentially, off the grid for 30 days."

So it seems that he was only the main subject of this one show, the minimum wage show which was excelent and he will be narrating the rest of them. I can't wait for next weeks.

tvta
06-16-2005, 08:47 PM
My guess is that you hardly ever cook and that your refrigerator is basically empty except for drinks

you couldnt have been more correct

thats disgusting...don't eat that **** for a month and continue to workout as hard as you say you do and you'll see a difference. You maybe working out to maintain due the the garbage you are puttin ginto your body not working out to develop.

i may not eat the best food in the world, but i lift and workout hard. along with taking creatine(which has given me never ending energy) and weight gainer i really dont see any problem but my arteries clogging

i usually eat quizznos when it comes to fast food, i dont consider them a typical fast food place. but can you tell me that eating lots of extra fat can be detremental to my lift gains as long as i am taking weight gainer to make up for the extra nutrients???

Canadian Crippler
06-16-2005, 08:51 PM
thats disgusting...don't eat that **** for a month and continue to workout as hard as you say you do and you'll see a difference. You maybe working out to maintain due the the garbage you are puttin ginto your body not working out to develop.This makes absolutely no sense. Explain to me what in fast food is going to cease or even cause detriment to development.

X33gone
06-16-2005, 09:01 PM
probably all that heart attack thats compressed into it.

But then again i only have 4 posts so im wrong. fast food is good for you, and is great for working out and getting healthy!

tvta
06-16-2005, 09:26 PM
lol

mercury
06-17-2005, 12:21 AM
I used to eat fast food once or twice a week. I stop all fast food a couple of weeks ago (the final straw was watching super-size me). I can honestly say I feel a ton better and have more energy. There's more to this than just people getting fatter.

Praetorian
06-17-2005, 02:01 AM
Damn.

I eat out everyday, breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and snacks. Maybe that's why I'm a fat b*tch :(

getfit
06-17-2005, 02:05 AM
Damn.

I eat out everyday, breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and snacks. Maybe that's why I'm a fat b*tch :(
wow that must be expensive Praetorian!

Praetorian
06-17-2005, 02:38 AM
I'm from Norway.
:D

every other country (except japan) is dirt-cheap compared to back home.

Geeper
06-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Even if you are getting enough calories from fast food the qualilty of the food isn't there. The grease and fat will make a lot of the crap run right out of your system (try eating MacDonalds after eating no grease for a year and you'll know what I mean, a day on the toilet everytime) and your body won't get the nutrents it needs from what it can digest to repair and build the muscle you are trying to make.

PowerManDL
06-17-2005, 07:14 AM
I usually only eat out after I've been out drinking.

Canadian Crippler
06-17-2005, 12:15 PM
So you eat out twice a day?

getfit
06-17-2005, 12:22 PM
So you eat out twice a day?
most likely like twice every 2 hrs :p

Guido
06-17-2005, 02:38 PM
"Supersize Me" was a great eye opener. Even better is the book "Fast Food nation". Read that and I swear you'll almost want to become a vegetarian. My wife couldn't eat fast food for months after reading it.

I, too, saw "30 Days" and thought it was great. I'm looking forward to the future episodes.