PDA

View Full Version : The reality of meat... Yikes!

MasterOfPuppets
06-19-2005, 11:15 AM
www.meetyourmeat.com

Look at the video. All comments welcome...

MOP

spencerjrus
06-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Commercial farming does not = all meat.

If this stuff keeps you up at night you should be eating organic meat and poultry anyways.

MasterOfPuppets
06-19-2005, 11:19 AM
I just wanted to share. I'm still gonna eat meat...

MOP

pinky8713
06-19-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm on sh*tty dial up so i'm not gonna wait for the video to load, but i'm assuming it's something nasty. I'm still eating meat. I couldn't live without meat :drooling:

Unholy
06-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Damn now I want steak :(

jack_of_all
06-19-2005, 01:13 PM
alec baldwin is a pussy gone *******... lol seriously, its not like they torture these animals, its a rough life but hell, they live only to be killed and eaten there is no reason i should expect that they have a good life.

monotone
06-19-2005, 01:20 PM
yeah alec baldwin is a tool.... and if he stoped eating meet, ill make sure to have seconds to make up for him.

Canadian Crippler
06-19-2005, 01:21 PM
I hate the PETA and I hate Alec ****ing Baldwin.

Furthermore, I agree that SOME of the stuff the happens should be prevented. But I'm not willing to pay triple the price for my meat so some chicken can live in his own pen instead of with 12 others.

Shao-LiN
06-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Pretty cruel, but I'll still eat 'em. And from the video, it looks like they do torture 'em.

jordonwuff
06-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Ok, so basically they want each animal to be treated properly... Give them each their own cage and proper food, then take them by limousine to end their lives? They're going to die anyways, and the people that don't eat meat have to realise that there's always some guy out there eating 2 extra helpings to make up for you not eating your meat

And remember, everytime you refuse to eat meat.. A kitten gets hit by a semi truck :)

--Jordon

Unholy
06-19-2005, 01:48 PM
And remember, everytime you refuse to eat meat.. A kitten gets hit by a semi truck :)

--Jordon

:bow:

Vapour Trails
06-19-2005, 02:03 PM
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

largelegsbuthot
06-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Ok, so basically they want each animal to be treated properly... Give them each their own cage and proper food, then take them by limousine to end their lives? They're going to die anyways, and the people that don't eat meat have to realise that there's always some guy out there eating 2 extra helpings to make up for you not eating your meat

--Jordon

Spoken like a true ******* (edited for the sake of ShooterMcgavin).

There's more to life then just your own.

People will eat meat regardless of any sort of video shown, and that's up to them. The video is only trying to inform people that the animals you eat are basically tortured for the whole duration of their short lives before they are killed.

You don't have to get defensive and add stupid remarks just because you don't care.

YungLifter
06-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Looks pretty bad...but what else can you expect...anything being killed is going to look bad. If you cut their throat in a cage or upside down it doesn't matter it's still cutting their throat. You have to kill them someway and its not going to happen by giving each animal a bed to sleep on and reading it a bedtime story.

And if you think being a vegatarian is better, it kind of is but is its still bad. Plants are living things to and when you cut them their still alive for awhile and will eventually die when you put them in a microwave or boil them in a pot. And when you do this theirs a possibility that that plant is alive and your burning it to death. To bad a vegtables defenses arn't as good...the worst thing you'll get out of a vegtables is probably from an onion when you cut into it and it makes you cry, that's the reason why it makes you cry its trying to defend its self by releasing some type of chemical that makes you tear so you can stop cutting it up.

Eat your meats, eat your veggies and drink your fluids we need it to survive thats the way things go.=)

largelegsbuthot
06-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Looks pretty bad...but what else can you expect...anything being killed is going to look bad. If you cut their throat in a cage or upside down it doesn't matter it's still cutting their throat. You have to kill them someway and its not going to happen by giving each animal a bed to sleep on and reading it a bedtime story.
=)

Why are some of you having a hard time seeing the real message here?

This film isn't even about just killing animals or slitting their throats.

This film is about the creulty indured for the WHOLE life of the animal before it is killed. It is meant for each of you to think about what YOU ARE BUYING when you buy these after kill products. It wasn't just an animal that was killed but an animal which has indured NOTHING but CRUELTY from birth to death.

Why is this significant? Why should a person who will eat meat regardless of this film care?

Because it is 100% preventable....animals are raised/killed this way to keep meat products cheap. The film wants you to contemplate if you would pay an extra dollar or so at the meat counter to give these animals a DECENT life with less unnecessary torture before they are killed.

YungLifter
06-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah I agree with you that the animal cruelty is defintaly not nessacary. But when they are giving these animals drugs/growth hormones or w/e they give them to product so many they just don't seem to care about the animals, all they care about is getting them from point A to point B and to the consumer, if its comfey or not.

Pasha
06-19-2005, 03:09 PM
alec baldwin is a pussy gone *******... lol seriously, its not like they torture these animals, its a rough life but hell, they live only to be killed and eaten there is no reason i should expect that they have a good life.

As beings more powerful than animals we should see to it that our supply for nourishment is taken care of and are treated rightly.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm a religious man and I think the whole slaughtering method in the US is disgusting and apathetic. So how do I eat meat? I slaughter it myself.

largelegsbuthot
06-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah I agree with you that the animal cruelty is defintaly not nessacary. But when they are giving these animals drugs/growth hormones or w/e they give them to product so many they just don't seem to care about the animals, all they care about is getting them from point A to point B and to the consumer, if its comfey or not.

And why are THEY doing all this?

To save YOU money.

Not they...you. If your buying this stuff, you are the reason this will happen.
And that goes for administering hormones/steriods too, it saves money.

While many of you can hardly afford the prices of meat products even with all these cost inducing measures....that's alright, the video isn't trying to insult you or preach this and that. So long as your aware of what it took to get this meat at that cost to your dinner table, the video has done it's job.

No need for stupid comments about some lives being less then your, because it's not. You just have the advantage of assuming so.

YungLifter
06-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Actually the brand chicken I buy is Perdue and I've read that the chickens they raise are grown without hormones so I assume their treatment of animals isn't like this because they obviously have to take care of their chickens for them to grow properly. And the Perdue brand defintaly costs more then just any other chicken you buy at your grocery store. So I guess you can say I do pay that extra buck for my chicken.

largelegsbuthot
06-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Actually the brand chicken I buy is Perdue and I've read that the chickens they raise are grown without hormones so I assume their treatment of animals isn't like this because they obviously have to take care of their chickens for them to grow properly. And the Perdue brand defintaly costs more then just any other chicken you buy at your grocery store. So I guess you can say I do pay that extra buck for my chicken.

You assume wrong.

Tell me after you visit their plant.

Have you ever read any label requirement laws?
Things which are certified organic are not totally free of chemicals, they are also grown on fields which are housed on chemically saturated fields.

No hormones..bah, even if that were correct-they were still crammed into cages on top of each other and fed hormones IN their food while not being injected with them before they slaughtered.

All that matters is you know what that meat on your plate REALLY is.
Try to be thankful, buy only what you'll need.
Maybe think twice before loading your plate up at a buffet or barbeque when you know half of it will go in the trash.

Built
06-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Just out of curiousity, do you eat meat, largelegsbuthot, or are you a vegetarian?

largelegsbuthot
06-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Just out of curiousity, do you eat meat, largelegsbuthot, or are you a vegetarian?
No.

Hoobastank
06-19-2005, 03:54 PM
You act like you have never seen or thought about this before. I could say somethings about my work that would have you never eating at a fast food joint again. The reality is that everything is like that. Simple solution: get over it.

largelegsbuthot
06-19-2005, 04:00 PM
You act like you have never seen or thought about this before. I could say somethings about my work that would have you never eating at a fast food joint again. The reality is that everything is like that. Simple solution: get over it.

The problem here is most people have NEVER thought or seen this stuff before, that is why you get comments like : "What, do they want a limo to the slaughterhouse?"

If your gonna eat it, you should know WHAT it is and HOW it got there.

TheGimp
06-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Just out of curiousity, do you eat meat, largelegsbuthot, or are you a vegetarian?No.

No to which?

getfit
06-19-2005, 04:09 PM
No to which?
i'm sure no to not being a vegetarian

TheGimp
06-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Well if I said no to the first...that would automatically mean no to the second.
(vegetarians don't eat meat)

eh?

If it's no to eating meat then it's yes to being a vegetarian

If it's no to being a vegetarian then it's yes to eating meat (unless you were a vegan or fruitarian or whatever)

getfit
06-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Well if I said no to the first...that would automatically mean no to the second.
(vegetarians don't eat meat)
yes we know we're vegetarians! Gimp and I

Canadian Crippler
06-19-2005, 04:18 PM
So largelegs, are you a vegetarian or not?

Hoobastank
06-19-2005, 04:49 PM
The problem here is most people have NEVER thought or seen this stuff before, that is why you get comments like : "What, do they want a limo to the slaughterhouse?"

That's just the thing. You can't think about anything, or else it would make you not want to eat it. You have to just do it.

NicH.

Genacide
06-19-2005, 04:51 PM
Been posted before..... Hippy

pinky8713
06-19-2005, 05:11 PM

I don't care what it is or how it got there. I just eat it. :D

shootermcgavin7
06-19-2005, 05:27 PM
largelegsbuthot, I'm beginning to notice that anyone who has a single view that doesn't fit into your simplistic world view is a "moron" or an "idiot"

pinky8713
06-19-2005, 05:31 PM
largelegsbuthot, I'm beginning to notice that anyone who has a single view that doesn't fit into your simplistic world view is a "moron" or an "idiot"

I've been meaning to say this.

shootermcgavin7
06-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Did you also notice that I used those terms only when people criticize the value of others?

Funny you should say that. Your FIRST SENTENCE in this thread is the following:

Spoken like a true moron.

Thus, no one had "criticized your values" at the time, because you hadn't remarked on the subject yet. As such, this is a flat out lie and you either:

1) (as I mentioned earlier) are so narrow minded that you instantly attack anyone who has a single view that doesn't fit into your single minded world view

OR

2) You are trolling to argue with people.

Shootermcgavin-Post stalking is highly frowned upon here at WBB.

Yes it is. That's why I'm pointing this out strictly using this thread. You've provided more than enough examples in the 2-3 pages of this thread alone.

And that statement is incredibly ironic coming from you.

shootermcgavin7
06-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Just for the record I will be more careful with my language and thread-jacking, but you didn't seem to have a problem when other posters *all of whom where male....hmm....* called me these things.

Right...I called you out on your actions in THIS thread, and that makes me a "misogynist". Nice try.

pinky8713
06-19-2005, 06:02 PM
LLBH, everybody wouldn't be making comments at you and being "against" you if you didn't argue about every little thing in every thread. Like someone else said, if the person doesn't have the exact same view as you then they are wrong and you like to argue about it forever. You take everything way too seriously too...It's just really annoying...

getfit
06-19-2005, 06:13 PM
weeeeeee is everyone having fun!

*grabs a beer and watches the match!* ;)

shootermcgavin7
06-19-2005, 06:14 PM
And I suppose implying that all animals should be treated like garbage because they are going to die anyway isn't a "simplistic veiw point"?

Yes, it is also a simplistic world view. However, when this point of view was presented, this one poster didn't follow up by making multiple posts calling everyone on the thread a moron and an idiot who didn't agree with his/her exact view.

pinky8713
06-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Elaborating > arguing.

There is a big difference. I clearly let it be known I was elaborating on the concept of the original posters thoughts. The responses I got all implied that I should explain myself, those weren't even my opinions to begin with. Even though they weren't my opinions, I was still able to back most of what I elaborated on, people were getting offended when I could explain myself but they could not. Have none of you ever been in a university debate? You throw all the ideas on the table and discuss, not: get all sour when your explanations fall short.

Well this isn't exactly a university debate board. At least i hope not. lol. You seem to suck the "fun" out of every post you post in because you make it all a big arguement, that's why it's annoying.

Let other people elaborate on their own ideas and views.

If i wanted to watch a university debate then maybe i'd go to one. :)

shootermcgavin7
06-19-2005, 06:23 PM
And if you actually want a point debated:

No need for stupid comments about some lives being less then your

In my opinion, animals' lives ARE worth less than a human life. I would personally kill every single cow on the planet if it would save one African infected with HIV.

Again, just because you disagree with it doesn't make it a "stupid" comment.

How about the people who have been swearing and thread jacking from years back when you joined this forum in 2003 Shooter?

1) Swear words are filtered out, and

2) People who stalk other posters throughout various threads are banned by the moderators. They do a solid job, so I imagine that would tell you about "those people".

So I hope this answered your questions.

twm
06-19-2005, 06:25 PM
getfit, I hope that is a light beer :)

LLBH: "spoken like a true moron" implicitly says, "you are a moron." moron.

getfit
06-19-2005, 06:27 PM

sorry bud got belgian beer so Duvel or Leffe? ;)

largelegsbuthot
06-19-2005, 06:34 PM

Shooter, I guess you still don't see what I'm talking about.

MasterOfPuppets
06-19-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm sorry this thread was even posted... :( I thought it would be more of a "mature debate" than what it turned out to be...

MOP

twm
06-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Shooter, I guess you still don't see what I'm talking about.
Nice reading comprehension... MOP, there seems to be a common poster acting as a catalyst that lowers the level of mature discussion not only in this thread, but any thread where that poster enters the discussion.

largelegsbuthot
06-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Nice reading comprehension... MOP, there seems to be a common poster acting as a catalyst that lowers the level of mature discussion not only in this thread, but any thread where that poster enters the discussion.

This is why I cannot understand why you singled me out Shooter.

getfit
06-19-2005, 06:40 PM
ok back to the beer is anyone gonna join me or what? ;)

zlip14
06-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Just a part of nature

pinky8713
06-19-2005, 06:53 PM
ok back to the beer is anyone gonna join me or what? ;)

I'll join you anyday getfit. ;)

shootermcgavin7
06-19-2005, 06:53 PM
This is why I cannot understand why you singled me out Shooter.

I'm not a mod, and your childish feud with twm doesn't concern me.

As I have repeatedly stated, I "singled you out" on THIS THREAD, for your actions on THIS THREAD, specifically your blatant verbal abuse of people (i.e. Jordanwuff, YungLifter) who had the bad luck of pre-emptively disagreeing with you.

You and twm are certainly welcome to curse at each other all you want for all I care, and I won't say a thing about it to you as long as you go back and do it on the original thread.

smalls
06-19-2005, 07:03 PM
And why are THEY doing all this?

To save YOU money.

Not they...you. If your buying this stuff, you are the reason this will happen.
And that goes for administering hormones/steriods too, it saves money.

While many of you can hardly afford the prices of meat products even with all these cost inducing measures....that's alright, the video isn't trying to insult you or preach this and that. So long as your aware of what it took to get this meat at that cost to your dinner table, the video has done it's job.

No need for stupid comments about some lives being less then your, because it's not. You just have the advantage of assuming so.

Did you produce this video? Then how do you know what it's makers wanted us to think by showing it? How do you presume to know what we think of other living creatures. And where do you gather your opinion that all lives are equal? Is an ant's life as important, what makes it more/less important than yours, or a cows, or a rats? People like you make me laugh, what have you actually done to save an animal other than side with PETA.

largelegsbuthot
06-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Did you produce this video? Then how do you know what it's makers wanted us to think by showing it? How do you presume to know what we think of other living creatures. And where do you gather your opinion that all lives are equal? Is an ant's life as important, what makes it more/less important than yours, or a cows, or a rats? People like you make me laugh, what have you actually done to save an animal other than side with PETA.

My opinion.....keep eating your steak.

Praetorian
06-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Anyways, when I'm sitting at the pub and having a nice large $5 steak, I don't think, 'geee, poor creature must have had a terrible life being bred only for one purpose...oh nooo I can't eat this...poor bambi', no quite contrary, I think 'damn....nice steak'.

Really LLBH, how does some meat factory affect YOU? Do they like have a personal impact on you or something?

Canadian Crippler
06-19-2005, 07:17 PM
So hostile. Don't make getfit and I whoop all your asses. :p.

largelegsbuthot
06-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Really LLBH, how does some meat factory affect YOU? Do they like have a personal impact on you or something?

I have seen animals being killed. It's different when you are actually there and can hear it and see it 5 feet away from you. Yes, it has a personal impact on me.

largelegsbuthot
06-19-2005, 07:19 PM
But at the same time, I have maintained in all of my posts in this thread, if you eat meat, I'm cool with it.

Praetorian
06-19-2005, 07:25 PM
yay, i've seen animals get killed too, hell i've killed some animals myself...BAREHANDED!!! :p but that doesn't stop me from enjoying a big nice tender Belgian Blue steak :drooling:

largelegsbuthot
06-19-2005, 07:29 PM
yay, i've seen animals get killed too, hell i've killed some animals myself...BAREHANDED!!! :p but that doesn't stop me from enjoying a big nice tender Belgian Blue steak :drooling:

It's your right.

smalls
06-19-2005, 07:47 PM
MOP, there seems to be a common poster acting as a catalyst that lowers the level of mature discussion not only in this thread, but any thread where that poster enters the discussion.

I think this is the best description of LLBH that anyone could come up with. How she has not been banned at this point is beyond me.

Max-Mex
06-19-2005, 07:54 PM
I just had 12oz of London Broil. Yay me!

twm
06-19-2005, 08:17 PM
I had a 1lb beef tenderloin for dinner :)

pinky8713
06-19-2005, 08:18 PM
I just ate a ton of grilled shrimp. Poor little shrimpies :cry:

Alex.V
06-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Kill every cow to save one african from AIDS?

Where will we get ground beef from, then? Africans tend to be a little gamey.

CiteCollegiale
06-19-2005, 09:38 PM
that was nothing compared to that fur one

BG5150
06-19-2005, 09:39 PM
I didn't read every post in this thread but:

Do you know why people eat meat? BECAUSE WE CAN!!

God made Man the top of the food chain for a reason.

Antonious
06-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Humans are by far the worst animal.

BG5150
06-19-2005, 10:06 PM

What can you possibly mean by that?

smalls
06-19-2005, 10:39 PM

I dont know bro, I'd rather **** a human than any of the other choices. Although I heard sheep werent bad.

jordonwuff
06-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Haha.. Came back here and this suddenly turned into 3 pages worth of debate. LLBH... I'm sorry for my actions :( it was wrong for me to say any of that about... hold on a second.. I have a piece of steak stuck in between my teeth.. Ohh dear lord.. Oh my! How did that happen to get there? <cough cough> Ok ok sorry.. anyways.. <Grabs fork and stabs the steak hearing a 'moooooo' from the steak as I delicately dip it into BBQ Sauce> What was I saying? Oh yeah.. I'm sorry that animals are tortured... <Chews the steak> Geez... What am I doing? I'm so stupid. I feel like a jerk now :( <Pulls out a beer and chugs it> Alright, now I feel much better. Anyways I just wanted to state that several people in this thread are hilarious (shootermcgavin7 especially) even though they were partially being serious about the subject. It's just an animal.. If you were at a restaurant and you didn't want the steak.. Well somebody else is going to order it sooner or later so it isn't like you saved an animal.. You might as well eat the delicious.. Hold on.. Sorry I would continue but I gotta go and eat the rest of this steak before it gets cold. Lord knows that LLBH doesn't want the poor animal to get cold before I eat it. :cry:

shootermcgavin7
06-20-2005, 06:44 AM
Where will we get ground beef from, then?

The same place some Chinese restaurants have been getting theirs from for years...Spot and Kitty.