PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Meal Recipes?

Addam1125
06-20-2005, 08:16 PM
On my work days I can't stop to eat every couple of hours, so I guess a liquid meal would be my best bet. What am I gonna need?

CarlP
06-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Milk. Feel free to add protein powder, peanut butter, oats, whatever you like. Just blend it up. But milk works as good or better than most of the BS supplements out there.

Addam1125
06-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Powdered?

ddegroff
06-20-2005, 08:46 PM
I would say throw some whey in a shaker, pack a natty pb and honey and when you hungery add water. ITs an awesome meal on the go.

tigo
07-13-2005, 05:38 AM
if you wnat calories

try this
10 ounces of soy milk, 2 scoops of chocolate whey
3 tablespoons of natty pb
4 scoops (2 oz each) nonfat frozen yogurt
1/4 cup bananas
1/4 cup ice

tastes like a reeses peanutbutter cup
its a recipe i derived from a smoothie place i work at

it has over 1200 calories in a 30ish oz shake

if you want less calories... this is whaty i do
8 oz soy milk
1 tablesppon natty pb
1 scoop chocolate whey
1 scoop nonfat plain yogurt

change measurements according to your taste.

Unreal
07-13-2005, 08:54 AM
How about ones that don't need to be refrigerated? Whey/peanut butter/oats is the only things I can think of that will stay good during the day. I'm going to be on campus for 6-8 hours and only way to store food will be in my backpack or car, and its will probably be 100+ out.

Unholy
07-13-2005, 08:59 AM
WHy soymilk?

YungLifter
07-13-2005, 12:32 PM
make sure to have your food surrounded by ice/the cooling stuff w/e its called and it will stay cold. Its very hot over here right now and I take food in the car to work everyday and leave it in a big lunch boxand have alot of ice in there and its always very cold when I go to eat it.

TheGimp
07-13-2005, 01:11 PM
WHy soymilk?

Personal preference?

Some possible advantages over cow juice:

Better lipid profile

Virtually no carbs

Different amino acid profile (particularly when considering mixing it with whey)

monotone
07-13-2005, 01:13 PM
opticean and oats perhaps.... for fats have a zippy bag full of almonds. thats what i do, i just leave the stuff in my trunk or backpack.

YungLifter
07-13-2005, 01:13 PM
hm so soy milk is much better then milk? I might give it a try. If I do do you just get plain flavor?

getfit
07-13-2005, 01:15 PM
hm so soy milk is much better then milk? I might give it a try. If I do do you just get plain flavor?
soya milk-milk are both very good for you try the vanilla flavored soya milk it's real good!

YungLifter
07-13-2005, 01:18 PM
I was just checking out the nutritional facts on soy milk and regular soymilk isn't that much better for you but the Light soymilk is much better for you the vanilla and choclate light have very little sugar and same protein. Ill give it a try what costs? more im guess soy milk

TheGimp
07-13-2005, 01:19 PM

I wouldn't say it's much better, it's certainly different. A varied diet is a good thing. Personally I don't drink normal milk and instead have soy milk on my cereal for which yes I use plain. It has quite a distinctive taste by itself which may not be to your liking but then you can always mix it with some flavoured whey etc. As for flavoured soy milks you'd have to check out the ingredients and nutritional information, they might be loaded with sugar which kinda defeats the purpose I'd say.

getfit
07-13-2005, 01:27 PM
I was just checking out the nutritional facts on soy milk and regular soymilk isn't that much better for you but the Light soymilk is much better for you the vanilla and choclate light have very little sugar and same protein. Ill give it a try what costs? more im guess soy milk
it's slightly more expensive then regular milk i buy the 2L close to 4$ canadian

YungLifter
07-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Ill give it a try ill try the vanilla and choclate the light of course the vanill aand choclate regular has to much sugar.

tigo
08-03-2005, 05:19 AM
soy milk tastes bettter to me
and ibeleive the protein is faster acting than in normal milk

uhh then agian though after taht article on soy in the diet and nutri section i might switch it up

Nosaj
08-30-2005, 10:58 AM
I go through SO much milk I can't see myself buying it anywhere other than in bulk. I drink a gallon a day, I should probably just buy a couple cows... =]

McIrish
11-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Dudes if you're looking for a meal on the go, try making some homemade protein bars. They're healthy and easy - my recipe is this

1/2 cup peanut butter
1-2 scoops protein
1/2 - 1 cup oats
olive oil, granola, or honey to taste

Heat the peanut butter up in a skillet on low heat until it's runny (heat up the honey with it if you so choose to use honey), then mix in the protein powder and the oats (you MAYYY need to add a *little* milk to the protein to make it mixable, but don't overdo it!). Keep the mixture on low heat while mixing, then place it in a cookie tray or shallow bowl and throw it in the fridge for a few hours. Cut them up and you have great bars that you can throw in a ziplock bag for a few hours and they're still crunchy and don't spoil!

Spartacus
11-09-2005, 11:43 PM
soy milk tastes bettter to me
and ibeleive the protein is faster acting than in normal milk

uhh then agian though after taht article on soy in the diet and nutri section i might switch it up

soy milk is quite low in phytoestrogens compared to other soy products, i wouldn't worry about that.

tigo
11-20-2005, 04:01 PM
buy some shakers, load them up and go