PDA

View Full Version : 1st cut

deuce02
06-21-2005, 10:59 AM
I am stuck at 15% body fat. Just can not seem to get down, I want to get to 10%. I weigh 155 pounds and have been lifting for a year and a half. I slowly cut my cal intake down and its at about 1500.

I am close to my goal, because I started at 192 punds last year and 28% body fat. So I have made a tom of progress, but I am really determined to get down to my body fat goal.

I have been running like crazy while keepinh an intense workout going. can any one offer me anything new to try?

Goin_Big
06-21-2005, 11:01 AM
I'd have to recommend gaining some muscle for the next couple of months, then follow that by cutting again while trying to minimize muscle loss. I'm sure this would work, but if anyone has a better idea, well they'll post it :D

drew
06-21-2005, 11:07 AM
I agree with Goin Big. Up your cals to about 2000 and try to put on some lean mass.

bigsethmeister
06-21-2005, 11:17 AM
I agree with Goin Big. Up your cals to about 2000 and try to put on some lean mass.
:withstupi

also make sure you are eating 5 or 6 times per day - thjis will help to increase your metabolism.

Unholy
06-21-2005, 11:37 AM
You can always try UD 2.0

deuce02
06-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I just hate to start bulking again. Even thouhg I have lost so much weight, I have added more muscle than I have ever had in my life. I can see it, i know its there. At 33 I am in better shape than I have been since I was 18 and was a 124 pound stick. But I'll do whatever it takes.

ryuage
06-21-2005, 12:23 PM
i agree with the others and increase your calories, but if you wish to continue to cut I would probably bring my calories up to around maintenance for 2 weeks to normalize everything if you have been cutting for awhile then continue to bring your calories down again.

AllUp
06-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Solid advice was given in the above posts. You can either resume the cut after your metabolism is back to norm, or try UD2, either way I would DEFINITELY do the 2week maintenence calorie period. You may gain a few pounds, but don't freak out as it's to be expected - it's all good when you start cutting again. :)

Geeper
06-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Try cutting back on your cardio... I know with seriously low calories if I did too much cardio my body justy would not loose a single pound, eased up on the cardio and the weight fell off. Probably something with my body trying to save fat and water for the next cardio session, I don't know....???
Built has described her body gets "soft" with too much cardio as well.

Built
06-21-2005, 05:28 PM
I thought I could hear my name being mentioned... ;)

Yes, excessive cardio seems to be a huge problem for me, although I'm finding I do need SOME.

Take a look at my cutter if you like - maybe something in my guidelines you can use?