PDA

View Full Version : Refeed

spanky33
06-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Hey everyone,
I asked this on bodyrecomposition.com but didn't get any decent answers, so i'm hoping you guys can help.

Ok so i've been following a non-******ed diet for 4 weeks. Basically, about 20% below maintenance. I've had good results, 4 lbs of fat lost over the 4 weeks. Last week, I was feeling very sluggish. I was struggling to finish off my workouts, and I was just generally very fatigued. I wanted to refeed, but my diet wasn't in any way low carb (probably 50% carbs). Anyways, I did have my refeed, I went over my maintenance cals by about 2500 (so basically double maintenance), mostly carbs. I feel great now, very bloated but lots of energy.

Anyway, if I want to refeed again, how many cals (and grams of carbs) should I aim for? Remember, I'm not doing a low-carb diet, so obviously the amount will probably be low.

Thanks

Manveet
06-21-2005, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't do a "refeed" (i.e. a carb based refeed). Instead, I think you would be better off to just increase calories above maintainence for a couple of days, especially if you feel sluggish.