PDA

View Full Version : Kneeling Squats??

jack_of_all
06-21-2005, 08:52 PM
http://www.shanepower.com/kneeling1.htm

this guy has got to be over-rating them, hes not even doing the full rom on zerchers... lol. but really, has anyone tried these at all or are they just some stupid thing that this guy thinks are good?

Sensei
06-22-2005, 02:38 AM
WS uses them, and they are on the Squat Workout tapes. But, I think they've gotten away from them lately.

I think it's a good movement, but it's not something I was ever able to go heavy on comfortably (and to be an effective exercise, IMHO, you need to go heavy).

bigpoppapump979
06-22-2005, 09:12 AM
my knees hurt just thinking about it

Paul Stagg
06-22-2005, 02:53 PM
'That guy' is a friend of mine.

He's probably been lifting longer than you've been alive. It would serve anyone well to read through his website and apply many of the ideas there.

APE.
06-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Those are awesome, I like to use them esp. w/ I hit a sticking point.

jack_of_all
06-22-2005, 04:07 PM
'that guy' looks to be getting on in years paul, i would think that what you said is true... and then a close look reveals that his 26 years of lifting is indeed longer than my 15 years of living. hey, he started lifting when he was 15 too :D

anyway paul, a search i did when i found this revealed just that part of his site, and he ISNT touching his knees w/ the bar on zerchers (i have been told to do this, i dont know whether its right or not) so it only makes sense that FROM WHAT I SAW my conclusions about the man made sense. please dont accuse me of writing this guy off because i didnt, i came here and asked about an exercise that my initial observations told me was questionable.

Maki Riddington
06-22-2005, 09:08 PM
The kneeling squats are good for getting your glutes involved if you have a problem activating them. I've used the exercise with some of my clients.

gopher
06-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Shane has a very impressive resume as a power lifter and bodybuilder. He is also one of the finest human beings I have the privilege of knowing. His methods are definitely "old school” but they are highly effective. You are lucky that you stumbled across his site. There is a lot to be learned there.

WBBIRL
06-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Heh, I dont know about putting my knees on the ground but if it works for them...

bIgHwN86
06-23-2005, 12:11 AM
so.....where would this exercise be placed in a westside template?....Max effort?...he said hip extensors....Lower back hamstring movements?

bIgHwN86
06-23-2005, 12:12 AM
never mind just read his site.....sorry