PDA

View Full Version : High Protein, Low-Carb = Muscle!?!?!?!

FighterInSnatch
06-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Ok, I want to cut my body fat down and lose the last bit of chest fat and mid-section fat. I don't want to drag this out over a long period of time, so I decided to do a High Protein, Low-carb diet ( More carbs on Workout days). I really dont understand what the out-come of this diet will be. Will I lose fat and keep most muscle or does it depend on the amount of calories I consume. Since I will probably be in ketosis and losing fat , will I also be building because of the protein. I plan on still cycling my creatine with this diet too. Wow, I'm really confused and I rarely get confused with diet. Can someone clear this up for me? Thanx

drew
06-22-2005, 12:20 PM
It all depends on your calories.

No need to cycle Creatine. Either take it or don't.

AllUp
06-22-2005, 12:32 PM
As long as your intake of calories are below maint and you have a positive nitrogen balance (get enough protein through various foods and/or PShakes) you're all set.

Edit: calorie req.

smalls
06-22-2005, 12:39 PM
But if your calories are above maintenence, chances you you wont be losing any fat. You probably wont lose a bunch of muscle unless you are trying to get really lean and diet harshly, but chances are still high that some amount of muscle will be lost unless your pretty new to this.. Strength is pretty hard to keep up on such a diet, well any diet for me.

FighterInSnatch
06-22-2005, 01:03 PM
I should'nt of said cycle creatine, because I take it everyday. Well , I'm gonna try this diet out for about 2 weeks and see how i'm doing. The only fat really left on me is in my chest and mid-section ( esp. sides). More thoughts on this would be great. Thanx.

bigsethmeister
06-22-2005, 01:10 PM
As long as your intake of calories is above maintenence and you have a positive nitrogen balance (get enough protein through various foods and/or PShakes) you're all set.

He wants to lose fat. Cals should be slightly below maintenance, no?

Built
06-22-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm concerned that a high protein diet with low carbs AND low fats might put you into a protein-oxidative state.

Not quite sure why you're doing this. There are, IMHO, better ways to cut than this.

AllUp
06-22-2005, 01:34 PM
True, my bad. I kinda got interrupted @werk and had to resome post later. Good catch, thx.

Amending post.

AllUp
06-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Funny how the one time I make a posting blunder of epic proportion, I happen to be on a lowcarb diet. :p

2nd day back on it, Tuna /Grilled Chicken For-The-Win!

bigsethmeister
06-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Funny how the one time I make a posting blunder of epic proportion, I happen to be on a lowcarb diet. :p

2nd day back on it, Tuna /Grilled Chicken For-The-Win!

:p

FighterInSnatch
06-22-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm concerned that a high protein diet with low carbs AND low fats might put you into a protein-oxidative state.

Not quite sure why you're doing this. There are, IMHO, better ways to cut than this.

I don't want to lose weight slowly like 1lb per week. That would take me 15weeks. I want to lose the most amount of weight in a week, without sacrificing muscle. Any ideas would be great. Thanx-

Organichu
06-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Just make sure you get a large amount of protein and you're set. It's the not the smartest diet, imo, but it's the most effective, time versus results.

I wouldn't count on gaining any lean body mass. Consume enough protein and you can hopefully retain.

bigsethmeister
06-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Also, make sure you are eating several meals, not just 3 large ones. Eating every 2 - 3 hours will help to increase the speed of your metabolism which will help you burn fat.

FighterInSnatch
06-23-2005, 01:47 AM
Sounds great guys. Let me revise what I ate today, please let me know opinions on what should be taken out.

Stats are 5'11"@195lbs.

Breakfast - 2 Scoop Whey,4 Fish caps,2 flax caps, 3oz mild cheddar, 1 slice ww toast with fat free hotdog and slice of cheese on top. 55grams of protein.

Lunch- 2 Scoop Whey,4 fish caps,2 flax caps, 16-18oz of chicken, 1tbsp lite olive oil and spinach saute'd, Creatine with about a liter of water. 65grams of protein

Dinner- 1 tub of 1% cottage cheese with Pineapple, 2 loaded Turkey sandwhiches on ww bread. 90grams of protein.

Before bead- Pack of 94% fat free beef jerkey@35-40 grams of protein.

Total Protein = 230grams of protein Total Calories = 2200-2500 calories

Water was drank through the day.

FighterInSnatch
06-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Bump. Will you guys critique that please.