PDA

View Full Version : Dairy and losing fat

CBates
12-10-2001, 12:00 PM
How much of a role does dairy play when trying to lose a little bit of fat on the lower abs. I take a pretty good source of dairy products throughout the day on my diet. 3 cups of skim milk, about 3 or 4 servings of fat free cheese, and about 3 servings of cottage cheese. I mean they are pretty low in carbs, well the skim milk has 12g of carb per serving. Both the cottage cheese and fat free cheese are fairly low, can't think of the numbers off the top of my head. If I am trying to lose a little bit of fat, but still keep muscle mass would I want to drop the dairy or keep it? They are a pretty good source of protein and calcium. I mean if it's not going to make that much of a difference, wouldn't it be beneficial to keep them in my diet? I'm not sure, I have been reading a lot of post from here and other forums that tells people to drop dairy products when trying to lose fat.

12-10-2001, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by CBates
3 cups of skim milk, about 3 or 4 servings of fat free cheese, and about 3 servings of cottage cheese.

:eek: holy shiat man thats a lot of dairy while trying to make your lower abs shine. I say drop it all or cut back quite a bit.

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-10-2001, 12:06 PM
at the end of the day it's cals in Vs cals out, but certain things can make losing fat a real bitch. You'll still lose the weight, but you could find your diet lasting longer than you'd really like it to.

Personally i'd say drop the dairy cause it won't really keep you full or sustained. Stick to complex sources for carbs and protein and stick good fats from sources like nuts and oil etc...

If you want to keep the dairy in then fine. Just remember 'moderation'

I am the moderator...coo coo cashew...

CBates
12-10-2001, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Avatar

:eek: holy shiat man thats a lot of dairy while trying to make your lower abs shine. I say drop it all or cut back quite a bit.

Ya know, I just thought of that too when I was typing all that up, I didn't know I was consuming so much.. That very well could be my problem..

syntekz
12-10-2001, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
at the end of the day it's cals in Vs cals out,

pretty simple. why does everyone think dairy products are such a bad thing? i don't get it. :rolleyes:

Tryska
12-10-2001, 12:16 PM
well....i have a serving of cottage cheese, a serving of yogurt, and a glass of milk each day, and it's not hindering my cutting efforts.

lactose is up there with fructose on my not so evil carbs list.