PDA

View Full Version : What's the Right Amount of Cardio during a Bulk?

eps
06-22-2005, 02:21 PM
I want to maintain cardiovascular health while I am bulking. I guess most people cut off their cardio or do siginificantly less while trying to gain weight?

I remember a few years ago I didn't do cardio for almost a year while bulking up and I felt pretty lazy throughout the day. I'm not sure if that was reason for my tiredness... it could have been from overtraining with the weights.

But anyway, is there a generally accepted rule that people follow for their cardio while bulking up?

Thanks in advance,

-Eps

viper200202
06-22-2005, 07:42 PM
well cutting and bulking is more defined from your diet but i would say running about 1-2 times a week for 20 mins is good when your bulking up and 3 times when your cutting. it all depends on you. I run twice a week when bulking and 3-4 times when im on a cut but thats just me. Also do other excercises besides running like jump rope. Just do what you feel is right to keep the heart healthy.
Just my 2 cents

pinky8713
06-22-2005, 08:08 PM
However much you decided to run, just make up those calories by eating more that day if you're bulking.

mattanshrager
06-22-2005, 09:28 PM
i save my energy for lifting, no cardio. whats the point, you need the calories

Zearoth
06-22-2005, 10:29 PM
You can get by with no cardio, but if you decide to, make sure you're eating more to compensate for your cardio.

Griffin98
06-22-2005, 10:39 PM
You "can" get by with no cardio during a bulk, but doing 20-30 minutes 1-2 times a week will help keep your cardiovascular conditioning in check. It will also slow the forming of the gut. As mentioned above, make sure you compensate for the burnt calories.

ddegroff
06-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Just remember as you gain weight and get bigger your heart has to work harder. So you need to make your heart stronger so i would say a couple times a week, but i would eat more cals on that day to make up for it. Dont skip the cardio your body will thank you.

gopher
06-23-2005, 01:47 PM
20 minutes high intensity 2 or 3 times a week.