PDA

View Full Version : Pr3--All About U in 2002!

pr3
12-10-2001, 04:35 PM
This is the TIME! I'm gonna do this and I'm gonna do it RIGHT! I'm tired of being at the same weight and size. It's time to bring it up a notch! I want to be a new, leaner and meaner me. Well, not mean, but mean looking!

This is a rough draft of what I will explain in detail later on:

WORKOUT PLAN

Chest
Inner
Outer
Bottom

Back
Thickness
Wideness

Abs
Upper
Lower
Sides

Calves
Lower
Upper

Legs
Front
Back
Side

Shoulders
Traps
Front
Back
Neck

Arms/Forearms

Overall—wideness/leanness

DIET PLAN: January – June PHASE I

6-7 Meals per day

135-40lbs --------------ŕ 155-60 (short term) -------------ŕ 190 (long term)

Foods to eat:

Protein
Carbohydrates
Fat
Vitamins

2002 will be a new chapter, a new experience, and new me. I will become independent and a freebird. I will blow like the wind, and nothing (hopefully) can stop me.

I'm tired of what I see and what I am, the new pr3 will emerge.

It won't be easy, but it's gonna take a lot of hard work, support and discipline. It will be a year filled with struggle and emotions

:) :( :D :cool: :confused: tuttut :p :o :help: :cry: :eek: :alcoholic :thumbup:disagree: :boring: :drooling: :nod: ::fart: :swear: :hump:

I WILL SUCCEED!

On your mark, get set, ready........................

GO!

PowerManDL
12-10-2001, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by pr3

WORKOUT PLAN

Chest
Inner
Outer
Bottom

Back
Thickness
Wideness

Abs
Upper
Lower
Sides

Calves
Lower
Upper

Legs
Front
Back
Side

Shoulders
Traps
Front
Back
Neck

Arms/Forearms

Overall—wideness/leanness

Planning a little gene therapy and reconstructive surgery, eh?

Tryska
12-10-2001, 05:00 PM
lower and upper calves?

:confused:

you gotta come out with the details bro.....

glad your all fired upt hough....

pr3
12-12-2001, 09:59 PM
Wow, got comments and still haven't started.

I will post my weight just to know where I'm at:

December 12th--144lbs

I will give more details later. I do need to check my body fat...

Oh, Tryska, I don't know either but I want to find out too.

The part by my ankle is thin, I want to know if there are exercises for that small area. Maybe there isn't. so basically I'm IGNORANT to that fact....

Tryska
12-13-2001, 04:04 AM
that's pretty much achilles tendon bud. there's no muscle there you can target..and genetics is gonna determine it's shape....

but post your routine when you get a chance..i'm glad you started a journal.

pr3
01-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Damn 2002 is here and I still haven't gotten my diet/training routine on paper yet!!!! DAMN DAMN!

Well, just to let myself and whoever reads this know--I haven't forgotten. My NEW year begins January 7th. I will be posting a diet/training for you guys to review Sunday.

Thanks, and 2002--an unpredictable year, but hopefully a very successful one! Aaaah, pray for me guys (and ladies)!

mrpointyhead
01-04-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by pr3
Oh, Tryska, I don't know either but I want to find out too.

The part by my ankle is thin, I want to know if there are exercises for that small area.

There are two parts to the calf ( well 3 kinda ).

The main muscle people refer to as the calf is the two headed muscle that comes from behind the knee and stops about half way down.

The other bit ( and the bit you need to work ) is the wider flatter muscle that comes out behind the knee *under* the main muscle and goes down to attach on the achiles.

Easiest way to see the difference is get bare legs and do a standing calf raise - the top muscle flexes.

Now sit on a chair with ur knees 90degrees and do a raise - see the main muscle is still relaxed but the flat one underneath is flexing ?

To hit this muscle do seated calf raises ( always do both seated and standing for your calves ) if you wanna see what building the 'lower' calf can do for your legs try to find a pic of tom platz's calves from the back.

Also saw good development in pics on Michael Kindreds site which may be easier to find.

Good luck with your quest in 2002 !

Cheers, Lee

pr3
01-09-2002, 03:11 PM
Hey me,

have you ever heard of a vacuum cleaner? Oh yeah?

Because I SUCK TOO!

It's already Jan. 9, and I still have not begun to set up a new diet/training.

BUT NO, I am NOT defeated!!! I will give myself two more weeks to shape up. If not, ship out. AND hopefully I won't have to change this to pr3--all about you in 2003!tuttut tuttut tuttut tuttut tuttut :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: : :cry: :cry: :help:

Cackerot69
01-09-2002, 03:30 PM
Your title is stupid, and your routine is fooked.

pr3
01-09-2002, 03:39 PM
Cack, I REGRET the fact that I was wondering where your stupid ass was a few weeks ago! Cuz now, your screwing up my journal!

But heck, at least someone's reading it...LOL.

Cackerot69
01-09-2002, 03:46 PM
I'll delete it if ya want.

But, seriously, your training bodyparts that don't even exist.

Maki Riddington
01-12-2002, 04:10 PM
Come on guy, get your shiat together!

pr3
01-12-2002, 08:04 PM
So much for 2002. I'm going through some personal issues right now, and I have not been to the gym since last Tuesday. I've lost 5lbs. I hate having the blues.:(

BUt I am soul searching right now, and things can only get better. My shiat will get together!

pr3
01-18-2002, 10:31 PM
Well, after going through some bout with depression for a week, I'm starting to return to normal. BUT it cost me. I lost a few pounds and it's noticeable. When I went to the gym yesterday (I returned Wednesday), my fellow gym friends were shocked at the weight I had lost. SO much for increasing my confidence when I'm ALREADY feelin' DOWN!tuttut

This week I did:

Back/bis (Wed.)
Legs (Thurs.)
Chest/tris (Fri/today)

I think I will do shoulders/abs until next week. This weekend I'm gonna try and regroup with myself (that sounds funny). I did buy some food last weekend to try and have a better diet.

I hate to say this, but I feel like I'm failing at this. I read my first journal post, and I had so much confidence back then...what happened???

I hope I can return to that, but things are just sh*tty right now. So much for a new year.

Perhaps I'll do like Yates and post all my bad days. And there are plenty of those...:( :( :cry:

Alex.V
01-18-2002, 10:54 PM
*SMACK*

Get that confidence back. It's all in your head, don't lose sight of your goals or let the stupid crap set you back. You're the same person who wrote that first post... you're the same person who knew he could achieve good things. Remember that.

pr3
01-26-2002, 09:39 PM
Thanks Belial. I really appreciate your support. Well, I'm gradually coming back to my old state of mind, thank goodness. I am doing things gradually with both my diet and training. Basically, i'm taking it one day at a time. I notice that when I put a rigid schedule, I get stressed out and basically fall off the wagon.

I will get on a more discipined schedule, but these next few weeks, (with Mardi Gras coming), I will test some training and diet routines. Hopefully by mid-Feb I should be on a schedule.

Anyway, I've gained 2 lbs back. I am feelin' better, and tryin' to stay PROACTIVE!

Today, I had a good (ok) diet:

Breakfast--
turkey bacon (3strips), 4 eggs (1whole), 2 slices of bread with cream cheese and low-fat jelly. I also took my vitamins, gluatamine, glucosamine, and flax seed oil pill.

Snack--
Low-Fat Blueberry Yogurt (120 calories)

Pre-workout--
Whey Protein Shake (with skim milk); plus took my vitamins

Post-workout meal--
WHey Protein Shake (oj/banana/creatine); took my pills; then ate
a tuna/egg white (just one) sandwich plus brown rice.

I will have one more meal before calling it quits. I know I should eat more. Today was one of those days (sat) when time just flies by.

Workout--
Chest
-Bench
-Incline (smith machine)
-Decline (smith machine)
-Cable Flies
-Dips

Now, I need to improve on my sleep!

pr3
02-05-2002, 11:53 AM
How is this possible??? I haven't kept up with this since January!

Like CBates, I think I will try to update this while I'm at work (but unlike CBates-I'm BUSY!!! LOL, jk C)

ANyway, my friend and I (who have been lacking the motivation) have decided to start training together. He's bigger than me so I'm sure he can show me some better way to train, and I'm more motivated than him, so I can help him keep focused.

Last night:

Chest/Tris

Machine Flies (110lbs)
Decline SMith Machine (225lbs--I'm a counting it correctly~I had two 45s on each side and the bar weighs 45lbs right? So that would equal 225?)

Incline DB (went up to 45lbs)
Flat Bench (145lbs--sad)

Tris
Sitting Skull Crushers
Cable pulldown
and another one (don't know name)

I suk at exercise names--need to learn them!

I;ve been trying to eat 6 meals, and hopefully move that up to 7meals:

breakfast--
eggs/bacon, oatmeal, water and vitamins
lunch--
last night's dinner (usually contains carbs, protein, and some fat)

Snack--turkey sandwich/raisins or peanut butter/jelly sandwich
Snack--Whey Protein Shake

Pre-workout meal--
dinner (it depends) PLUS vitamins
Post-workout meal--
whey protein shake with vitamins, plus dinner (I've been trying to eat eggs after my workout)

But I need to improve on everything--diet/training/and sleep...I only get like 5 to 6 hours each night...ugh.

CBates
02-05-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by pr3

Like CBates, I think I will try to update this while I'm at work (but unlike CBates-I'm BUSY!!! LOL, jk C)

I stay busy at work. Usually just making sure my manger isn't watching me behind my back on this web site. Already caught me once today. Hope I don't lose access to it.. Then I'd really hate my job.. Browsing this site all day is about the only thing I like about my job. :D

Chris Rodgers
02-05-2002, 02:15 PM
Not to piss on you Corn Flakes as Yates would say, but all the smith machines I have seen in commercial gyms are counter-balanced which basically means you are lifting whatever you put on it. If you put 2 plates on each side, that's 180 lbs. Still a good lift.

PS- tell your buddy I said the smith machine sucks and that you guys should move over to the free weights. :burger:

pr3
02-07-2002, 11:43 AM
ALright! It looks like you guys are updating your journals everyday because I have to search for mine all the time.

Anyway, my workout partner and I began "his" routine Tuesday.

Tuesday we did back/bis. His method is to do two warmups for your first exercise and then 3 regular sets.

PLUS--do a lot of reps and gradually increase your weight. On the last set (sometimes), you go back to the original weight, and do as many reps as you can.

I was amazed that I suk. Here I was working out everyweek, putting down my friend because he never worked out (but he looks bigger). He made me look like freakin' sh*t! (literally) I was STRUGGLING with just 15 sets of 20-pound dumbells for biceps!

It's been two days, and they are STILL aching.

Last night, we were supposed to do legs, but decided to do chest.

We did bench (close grip and wide)
incline bar (I felt like a weakling with this because he MADE me bring all the way down to my chest)
db declinee (easy, I love these)
abs

I'm trying his method because I need a change in training routine. I've been stuck for a year now, and I see he maintains his muscle even when not working out.

My diet is ok. I wait too long to eat meals because I'm constantly busy at work.

BTW, thanks Lats.

Cbates, same here.

Tonight is legs...God help me...

pr3
02-11-2002, 11:23 AM
Dude man, I'm not updating this as much as I should be!

Anyway, LAST Thursday, we did legs...but remember this past week was just a warmup to prepare for the real workout. Legs was short--

leg press, lunges and calves.

Friday, my workout partner got an attitude telling me to show up on time. If not, he would start without me. Guess who showed up first?

We did shoulders and some bis that night. It amazes me how he 'claims' to be out of energy, but then he adds two extra 45s to his 1 45s for traps. And here I am struggling with my single 45s. I hate that. I need to workout on my strength!

Anyway, I skipped the weekend. My diet has been so-so. I need to get a specific, detailed, line-by-line diet with calorie, fat and carb amounts. I also need to improve on my sleep--at least 7 hours and not the 5 to 6 hours I've been doing.

As far as supplements, I think I may order weight gain and some food replacement bars. I will start eating tuna everyday at least, and plan out a meal. I've been saying that forever!

Tanning--I don't know. I want to, but a little cautious after that bump. I will probably go for one week and let it settle. This Neutrogena tan isn't doing too much.

TOday, well...supposedly I will be doing Chest. Tomorrow's Mardi Gras here, so that's outta the question.

Until another time!

pr3
02-26-2002, 03:37 PM
Today I decided to take off.

However, my training has been crap. Working out with someone (in my case) is just not working out. He decided not to go to the gym and it messes out routine a lot. And when we do go, he jokes too much. I enjoy the jokes, but dude, save it til after the gym. Anyway, he's bigger than me, so he doesn't suffer any loss. Unlike me, if I don't workout, I lose weight--fast.

Lately, I have not been sticking to a scheduled training routine. I've only been to the gym doing quick, short, freestyle workouts.

One good thing, I actually look a little better. People have been commenting me a little about my arms. I've been struggling to maintain my diet. I am trying to get 6 meals, and I'm hoping to move it up to 7meals to get this bulking phase up to speed.

One BAD thing, and it's a VERY BAD thing--lack of energy and sleep. I have been suffering with insomnia, going to sleep late and being tired all the time. I don't know if this is also affecting my training (or my partner).

I need to improve on everything, and I need to figure out a way to lose my small gut. I am pretty good all over, I just need to get lean and try to do abs everyday.

I hope to update this more often, perhaps I will see major improvements.

Current weight--140lbs

pr3
03-05-2002, 02:50 PM
This is nothing really because I haven't done anything in the last 5 days. I've been bed-ridden since Friday with a throat infection and now a sinus infection. I have lost weight since it hurt to put food in my mouth. I haven't been to the gym since last Thursday. I was ready to start a good training starting with March, but this damn illness and the cold and crazy weather has just made it more complicated.

I hope by next week, everything will be back to normal. I will need to start watching my diet more closely and train back to where I was before Xmas! God, this is the longest messed up training ever!

I need more motivation, more results, more time!

2002 will be the year!

pr3
03-15-2002, 09:43 AM
Despite being sick with some sort of strep throat since March 1st, I am back on track FINALLY this week.

I've been to the gym since Monday. I've eaten 5 to 6 meals a day.

Training
Here's my workout plan (this week):

MONDAY--
Freestyle/neglected body parts
Forearms
Abs
Traps
Calves

TUESDAY--
Chest/Triceps

WEDNESDAY--
Back/Bis

THURSDAY--
Legs/Calves

FRIDAY--today I plan to do shoulders, and I may hit a light chest workout with some abs as well.

I've been doing light weight (still heavy but not as heavy) with many reps. I go to failure.

Supplements
3x a day--Glutamine, Glucosamine, Multi-V
2x a day--Flax Seed Oil Capsule, Calcium
1x a day--Vitamin C, E, Garlic Oil,
At Night Only--ZMA

Diet/Nutrition
While my diet isn't perfect, I've tried to take some type of food at least 5 to 6 times a day. Here's been the example:

MEAL 1--Oatmeal, Egg/Bacon Sandwich
MEAL 2--Lunch Meal
MEAL 3--Turkey Sandwich
MEAL 4--Peanut Butter Sandwich/Whey Protein Shake
MEAL 5--Dinner Meal
MEAL 6--Post Workout Meal (Whey Protein Shake/More Dinner Meal)

I think I need to add a 7th meal between Meal 1 and 2.

OTHER BUSINESS
I've been tired lately even though I've started going to sleep at a decent time. I think I need energy pills or something, OR it could be me tired from my workouts again. Anyway, my training partner has been missing sessions, and I told him not to mess up my schedule again. I did legs last night on my own. Oh well, I can't wait for anyone to make up their mind. Other than working out, I'm bored as hell. I need some excitement in my life--need to start getting into music, perhaps an internship or music lessons.

pr3
03-20-2002, 11:11 AM
First day of Spring, and I hate it. Why do I hate it? Because I recently went to the tanning salon and there were freakin' people everywhere (some nasty lookin' ones too) waiting to tan. At the gym, more people than usual trying to get buff for the hot weather. Not only do I hate the crowds, but I hate the COMPETITION! Here I am, coming to the gym year-round, and then I see some new faces coming in lookin' bigger or getting bigger than me in a faster process! What's up with that? SO, yes I get intimidated, but it also inspires me to go further (but I wish I could honestly say I was doing it for me and not for society).

Anyway, here's my journal:

Training
This week:

Monday: Chest
BB Flat Bench (15 x 4)
Smith Machine Incline (10 x 3)
Cable Flies (10 x 3)

Time: 45min
Result: OK (but ran out of time)

Tuesday: Back/Bis

Time: 45 min
Result: OK (got sidetrack with joking around)

Later today: Legs/Calves

NOTE: Abs...Abs...Abs (need to do these!)

Supplements:
At Night Only--ZMA

Diet/Nutrition:
MEAL 2--Rice & Chicken
MEAL 3--Turkey Sandwich/Raisinets
MEAL 4--Whey Protein Shake
MEAL 5--Beef/Vegetable Stew & ice cream (dessert!)
MEAL 6--Post Workout Meal (Whey Protein Shake
MEAL 7--Meal 5

Is a single protein shake considered a meal?

MY BUSINESS
As you all know I've been bored a hell, I started tanning last week. I'm going 3 days this week and I'll stop for awhile since I have upcoming surgery (gotta look good for the hospital, ya know?) My friend and I were supposed to be back in the gym seriously this week, but he continues to mess up the routine, but what I can't stand is, he still looks excellent. Last night, he did just a few sets, and he was pumping like mad. (..but I have to remember, he taller and bigger frame than me). I need to focus on building my own self-esteem and also pursuing things that will make my happy and confident about myself: I hope it's music!

Reinier
03-20-2002, 11:33 AM
at first i thought you were joking but it seems not.
just to burst ur bubble, there no such thing as changing the shape of a muscle.
you can make it bigger, you can make it more efficient, but the shape of it will never change.

pr3
03-20-2002, 11:42 AM
Alright Reinier, I already got a lot of flak on that. I didn't mean it like that. It was misunderstood. The beginning of this journal was extremely rough draft. It was just to push myself to continue it. So I may have written things that just plain out don't make a helluva sense. Therefore, excuse my "presumed ignorance." I know I have to learn a lot more.

Sebi
03-20-2002, 08:13 PM
Glad to see your first real day in the journal. Looks good.
Split looks fine. I wouldn't have more than 3 workout days in a row though.

BTW what kind of surgery is it?
Keep it up! :thumbup:

MonStar1023
03-20-2002, 08:57 PM
pr3-
Nice detailed journal man. Looks good. Keep it up.

:D:D

pr3
03-21-2002, 01:21 PM
Intro:
Yesterday after seeing all these people at the gym, my friend and those at the tanning salon, I was feeling a little intimidated. Then I was thinking, WHY SHOULD I FEEL THIS WAY? They are no better than me. We are all made differently, and not one way is best, right? So I kept saying (and yes, this sounds strange, but it works) to myself, "DAMN I LOOK GOOD! DAMN I LOOK GOOD!" And before you know it, all day yesterday, I KNEW I looked good. Confidence ALL DAY (well, at least 95%). I wore shorts to the gym, and you all know that after all winter, you have to finally show your chicken legs. However, my legs (while not great), were fine. I got compliments last night.

Training
Last night:
Legs/Calves
Smith Machine Squats (15, 15, 12, 8 x 4)
Leg Press (15, 15, 12, 6 x 4)
Leg Curls (15, 12 x 2)
Sitting Calves (15, 8 x 2)

Time: 45 mins
Result: Great (Best Leg Workout in a looooonggg time. I could
hardly walk down the stairs, and I could feel a real good pump by the time I did leg press).

Tonight: Shoulders (I may take off tonight)

AGAIN---NOTE: Abs...Abs...Abs (need to do these!)

Supplements:
At Night Only--ZMA

Diet/Nutrition:
MEAL 2--Popeye's 3-Strip Chicken, Cajun Rice (I know...but good!)
MEAL 3--Turkey Sandwich
MEAL 5--Eggs & Beans
MEAL 6--Post Workout Meal (Whey Protein Shake)
MEAL 7--Meal 5

Sleep:
6 hours (Very very bad--it was on and off sleep)

MY BUSINESS
Sebi--Nose (I have an obstruction in one nostril)

Anyway, yesterday I finally called to schedule piano classes. I also researched other venues. Considering that I've been suffering with this freakin' sore throat since March 1st, last night I had a coughing attack. I could not sleep until 2:30am. I hope I can get better in order to take some vocal lessons.

Thanks for those replying to my journal. I appreciate you all checking it out and letting me know if I'm not doing something right.

pr3
03-22-2002, 04:03 PM
Nothing much to say. Just bored of being bored...

Training

No training yesterday.

Tonight: Shoulders/Tris

Supplements:
At Night Only--ZMA

Diet/Nutrition:
MEAL 1--Oatmeal, 2 Egg/Bacon Sandwiches
MEAL 2--Peanut Butter Sandwich
MEAL 3--Whey Protein Shake
MEAL 4--SPaghetti/Meatsauce, Kemps ice cream
MEAL 5--Whey Protein Shake

Sleep:
6 hours

MY BUSINESS
Yesterday I went to work late because i had suffered some coughing attack the night before. The same last night, but I decided to take a sleeping pill. It worked. Today, one of the most boring and unproductive days at work. I hate it. I hate being useless. I need a love life...:cry:

pr3
03-25-2002, 04:35 PM
Still nothing much to say.

This is just a report for this past weekend:

NO TRAINING

POOR DIET

INCOMPLETE SUPPLEMENT INTAKE

ATE JUNKFOOD (Pizza, ice cream, cake)

HARDLY ANY SLEEP FRIDAY, AND ABSOLUTELY NO SLEEP SAT.

AND....

DRANK BEER (I don't drink so this is BIG)...

AND...
SHOVELED MUD (I lost weight doing this crap)

ANYWAY, my point is...I'm improving in sucking big time. I need to improve my weekend habits (just like CBates).

This week, I hope is better.

Sebi
03-25-2002, 09:36 PM
Carlos, put yourself together. :)

PowerManDL
03-25-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by pr3

I need to improve my weekend habits (just like CBates).

Nobody has worse weekend habits than me. Its true. When was the last time you got drunk, left a club, and ran around town on foot at 3 am destroying things?

rookiebldr
03-25-2002, 09:40 PM
PR3, unfortunately, you have made me feel much better. I hope your week is better too.

pr3
03-26-2002, 10:18 AM
INTRO
Alright, I appreciate all the comments...I think. NO really, I have to shape myself up on the weekends BIG TIME. There's so many distractions during the weekends, but I will focus on that now.

Anyhow, I have decided to follow my training partner's routine for the next few weeks, and hopefully see some results since he is lean and big. He's current routine is sporadic however. He is trying to warm up the muscles, and then in a week or two, start hitting hard with a fixed schedule.

This is yesterday's report:

TRAINING
Incline (140 x 6--heaviest)
Decline (same--is this right?)
Smith Machine Flat Bench Triceps
Lunges (60 x 2)
Squat (160 x 1)

Plus did some abs/calves

Time: 60mins
Result: Chest was good, legs alright--I need to stress my muscle more.

Tonight: Back/Bis perhaps...

SUPPLEMENTS
At Night Only--ZMA

DIET
MEAL 1--Oatmeal, Egg & Turkey Sandwich
MEAL 2--Rice and Chicken
MEAL 3--Turkey Sandwich
MEAL 5--2 Ground Meat Enchiladas
MEAL 6--WHey Protein Shake (Post Workout)
MEAL 7--Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich

SLEEP
Sunday--5hours; last night: 5 hours
SLeep is sucking--I can't do this!

MY BUSINESS
Well, I decided to follow my friend's training routine. He convinced me that we have to build up our strength and then hit hard. So I'll play with this for a few weeks. Last night I saw one of the guys at the gym that I haven't seen in a few months. He's my height, and damn, he looked built. I was pissed. We're the same 5'5' height, and he has the build I want! I hate him. Other than that, I am still researching for creative outlets here, but no luck. I am suffering one of the worst migraines right now. I think I will leave work early. Plus, I am completely inspired by Sebi and others here on the board, so I need to seriously pursue this routine if I want dramatic and excellent changes...

pr3
03-27-2002, 04:38 PM
I feel great. Today is the first day SINCE Feb. 28th that I actually feel relaxed and healthy. I still have a cough, but I'm actually gettin' better! I feel ALIVE.

TRAINING

Last night:
Back/Bis--
Leg Press
Calves
Abs

Time: 1.5 (but we talked in between so probably 50 mins)
Result: Back was poor because we did life circuit machines; Bis were INTENSE. My partner and I did drop sets. We did the bb at 40, 60, 80 and then back down with reps of 10, 8 and 6 NONSTOP. It was crazy. My arms feel sore today. To warm up for tonight's leg workout, we did 2 sets of leg press and calves. Did some abs too.

SUPPLEMENTS
At Night Only--ZMA

DIET
MEAL 2--Whey Protein Shake/Half of Turkey Sandwich
MEAL 3--Beef/Potato Stew, Pizza
MEAL 4--Beef/Potato Stew, Whey Protein Shake
MEAL 5--WHey Protein Shake (Post Workout)
MEAL 6--Steak, Potato and Broccoli

SLEEP
Monday--5hours--woke up with damn migraine; last night: 6 hours

MY BUSINESS
yesterday, horrible. Woke up with one of the worst migraines. I left work early, hit the bed and slept until 7pm. So I actually made up my 8hrs of sleep! Since then I've been feeling great! I went tanning last night before the gym, and I look darker then my partner. haha! This girl hugged me at the gym and said I smelled great (put cologne of course); she told my partner he could learn a lesson from me. OOOH, it was just awesome! But I shouldn't be that way, he's my friend anyway. Until tomorrow...

Mystic Eric
03-27-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by pr3
This girl hugged me at the gym and said I smelled great (put cologne of course); she told my partner he could learn a lesson from me. OOOH, it was just awesome! But I shouldn't be that way, he's my friend anyway. Until tomorrow...

Man, don't take this the wrong way, but what kinda of panzy puts on cologne before going to the gym? tuttut

pr3
03-28-2002, 08:57 AM
Dude,

don't take me wrong...yes, I know it sounds weird, but I HATE smelling myself. I can't stand if I stink. THat's just me. I hate going to the gym and smelling Sh*T from other people. Therefore, I put some on so I can smell something good. Like I said, that's just me. If that makes me a pansy, well....so be it. ANyway, being that I went to the tanning bed BEFORE, I smelled like the tanning lotion, and decided to put some cologne to get rid of that nasty smell. Glad I did since I got a hug. Don't hate me for trying to smell good.:D

pr3
03-28-2002, 11:40 PM
I forgot to add Wednesday's routine here today. I'll add Thurs. tomorrow.

TRAINING
Wed:
Smith Squats
Leg Press
Seated Calves
Standing Calves
DB Lunges
Raised Abs

Time: 60 mins
Result: Legs were excellent. I tensed the muscles and today I'm feeling it. My butt hurts, or maybe I have a pain in the ass!

SUPPLEMENTS
At Night Only--ZMA

DIET
MEAL 2--Steak, Broccoli and Rice
MEAL 4--Steak, Broccoli and Rice
MEAL 5--Whey Protein Shake
MEAL 6--Whey Protein Shake (Post-Workout)/Steak, Potato and Broccoli

SLEEP
--5 hours (but bad sleep) I was exhausted waking up today.

MY BUSINESS
Yesterday I was feelin' great, and I really felt it with legs. Work has been gettin' on my nerves. Today it got really aggravating because I actually had to do something--something I have no idea about! Anyway, I am still looking for creative outlets--but being that it's Holy Week, everyone must be on vacation. Next week, I start organizing that part of my life. Confidence is extremely well lately too...

Mystic Eric
03-29-2002, 12:47 AM
OK, let me ask a few things:

Why are you doing leg press and calve work the day before your leg day to "warm up" for the leg tomorrow during the next day?
Why aren't you doing free weight squats rather than smith machine squats?
Why are your reps so high?
And why the **** are you doing legs 3 days in a row???

You said this: "Result: Chest was good, legs alright--I need to stress my muscle more."

*** To stress the muscle more, you must progress. So I suggest that you stop doing your friend's "jack-ass" workout, and get on a proper routine. If you train like a panzy, you'll have panzy results. Ask questions on the board man. Start on the WBB routine. Whatever you do, GET THE HELL OFF OF YOUR CURRENT PROGRAM!

pr3
03-29-2002, 04:13 PM
Thanks Eric. I am experimenting right now. I used to be on a strict regiment every week--one body part a night. I did this for the past 4 years, and I plateaued. So now, I decided to look at other's routines, try them out, and see my results. Yes, I thought the same thing--why in the HELL are you doing legs AGAIN? That's exactly what I told my friend, and he basically explains it as "right now, we are taking a few weeks (at least 2 wks) to warm up the muscles, and then we WILL have a body part a night workout routine that will be serious..." So thanks for the concern. I was saying the same thing, but I'm just checking it out.

If don't notice any results, then I will go back on my own routine.

Anyway, here's yesterday's report:

TRAINING
Thurs:
Shoulders/Traps

Time: 45mins
Result: Poor. We got there late, and we were both tired from working a long day.

SUPPLEMENTS
At Night Only--ZMA

DIET
MEAL 1--Oatmeal
MEAL 2--Three eggs
MEAL 3--Steak and Rice
MEAL 5--Fish and Rice
MEAL 6--Whey Protein Shake (Post-Workout)/McDonald's QUarter Pounder and ice cream (bad, very bad!)

SLEEP
--6 hours--Sleep was good, but just not enough.

MY BUSINESS
I was pissed yesterday because I was tired and we failed to get a good workout. My diet is not as perfect by far! On top of that, I am getting increasingly confused with life. What the hell am I supposed to be doing? WHere am I going? The fact that I love someone right now,and they just don't respond is aggravating me too. I just want to fly somewhere and start anew. I wish life could be easier, but no one ever said it was anyway. I have to pray and hope for the best. Why do I feel this way? Rather, why am I STILL feeling this way? Enuf--fade out.:(

pr3
04-05-2002, 01:01 PM
:mad:

I have not updated this!

This week has been busy as hell. However, I did do pretty good with training and eating. I've just been very tired. Time doesn't seem to be my friend right now.

Anyway, here's this week's review:

Training
Monday: Chest/Tris
Result: Chest poor, Tris ok

Tues: Shoulders/Bis
Result: Overall poor

Wed: Legs
Result: Good; didn't finish however. Considering I was tired, I was pumped up.

Thurs: Back/Bis
Result: Ok, I am still not on a scheduled routine; that's why I did bis again; back was relatively good.

Tonight: Freestyle--probably chest, traps, calves, forearms

Supplements
3x a day--Glutamine, Glucosamine, Creatine
2x a day--Energy Fuel, Multi-V, Flax Seed Oil Capsule, Calcium
1x a day--Vitamin C, E, Garlic Oil
At Night Only--ZMA

Diet

This week hasn't been the best, but it wasn't too bad either. I did eat Taco Bell after workout Tues (treated my partner to his birthday) and then McDonald's Wed.--ok, so it was bad. I did suffer Thurs because of a meeting-couldn't eat lunch until 3pm.
MEAL 1--Oatmeal/Eggs
MEAL 2--Turkey Sandwich
MEAL 4--Salmon, Rice and Broccoli; Weight-Gain/Muscle Builder Powder (Pre-Workout Shake)
MEAL 5--Whey Protein Shake (Post-Workout)
MEAL 6--Salmon, Rice and Broccoli; Weight-Gain/Muscle Builder Powder (Pre-Bedtime Shake)

Sleep
This week has been bad. I've only gotten b/w 4-6 hours a night. I've been drinking cappucino for the first time this week to stay awake at work. Last night was better though--5hrs (of DEEP sleep).

Weight
Funny. I've been reaching 145-46 earlier in the week (with shoes on); without shoes: 140. Then last night, I was getting compliments for looking big, but guess what my weight was: 136! I dropped so much, but I looked thicker. I don't understand it...

My Business
As mentioned earlier, it's been a very busy and stressful week, not only at work but at home. Moms not feeling too well. My best friend's birthday was Tuesday, so I was rushing to see what to buy for him (it was a success). The stress, I'm assuming, gave me some acne on my face. I hate that. I finally landed piano lessons for next week. All I need to do is get over this remaining cough I have, and start practicing voice. Also, need to WRITE WRITE and of course, improve my diet. Of course, I'm dying for some attention (from someone in particular)...Enuf

pr3
04-09-2002, 09:33 AM
I'm back. Here's the lowdown:

TRAINING

Monday: Chest/Back

(My note: machine push, flies, cable drop down, incline db flies and reg; cable twist, cable pushback, machine down, sitdown-one at a time)

Result: Excellent; We had a trainer and he really had us motivated, pumped, and in constant motion with the right form. If only it were like this EVERYTIME!

SUPPLEMENTS
3x a day--Glutamine, Glucosamine, Creatine
2x a day--Energy Fuel, Multi-V, Flax Seed Oil Capsule, Calcium
1x a day--Vitamin C, E, Garlic Oil
At Night Only--ZMA

DIET
MEAL 1--Oatmeal/Eggs
MEAL 2--Turkey Sandwich
MEAL 4--Grilled Steak, peanut butter sandwich, Weight Gain Powder
MEAL 5--Whey Protein Shake (Pre-Workout) and brown rice
MEAL 6--Whey Protein Shake (Post-Workout);Brown Rice/Tuna and Green Beans/Eggs
MEAL 7--Weight Gain Powder

SLEEP
6 Hours; Good Deep Sleep--but still need more! I'm too darn tired when I wake up.

WEIGHT
144; last week, I was at 136, then the next day, 147? I don't get that. It could be the machine.

MY BUSINESS
I need to devote myself to keep this updated. Anyway, I worked like a dog this past weekend with shoveling mud. I probably lost a bit of size. Nothing much to say, just the usual. All I know is that my diet will need to IMPROVE BIG TIME. I need to get more calories in with FOOD. I just get hungry every 2 or 3 hours. I'm hungry right now...

:(

Sebi
04-30-2002, 11:45 PM
It's been 3 weeks, Carlos. No update?

pr3
05-01-2002, 11:07 AM
Gosh, I didn't realize it was that long! I've been busy with work, relatives in town, and trying to set up some classes for myself. However, I've been doing pretty good with my workouts. I just need to boost myself to that next level, and I plan to start thinking of new ways within the next few days. But I will update later on today...Thanks for keeping me in line Sebi! I need to be more like you...:D

pr3
05-20-2002, 09:52 AM
It's been a long time...I hate that I haven't updated this...and Sebi, if you're out there...you haven't updated too!

Well, the fact is I've made pretty decent gains in the past few weeks. Been busy though...

I am taking BOTH whey protein, and a muscle/weight gain powder...I think the latter has helped me gain some size...I am maintaining 145-148 lbs when before I would fluctuate between 138-144...So I crossed this line...

Now, My plan is to get some more size, but also think about cutting...I said "think" because I need more size before I do that.

I am at a nice size, but far from where I think I should be...and I'm not really cut...

Oh, no more training partner either...which makes me nervous...did I gain that size before because I had someone to spot me? Oh well...

My problem areas: everywhere except arms. At the gym they call me "Tris"--however, I would rather be known for my whole body and not just one muscle group...I seriously have to get my calves bigger...Also need to improve on my leg, back and chest workout, and for the love of God, need to find a different way to make my traps appear...

I will do this...so help me guys!

pr3
05-21-2002, 08:42 AM
Ok,

as far as I know, my training has been ok in the past few weeks. My eating habits however, have improved, which is why I've gained a few pounds. My sleeping habits also have improved but not as much.

Currently:

Meals: 6 to 7 meals a day

Example:
meal 1 (8:30am): oatmeal, egg/turkey sandwich
meal 2 (11am): peanut butter/jelly sandwich
meal 3 (1pm): lunch (differs)
meal 4 (2:30pm): turkey/cheese sandwich plus a snack
meal 5 (5pm): whey protein drink
meal 6 (7pm): weight gain/muscle building drink, plus a light dinner meal (differs)
meal 7 (10pm): whey protein drink (with creatine)
meal 8 (11pm): dinner meal (usually includes tuna)
meal 9 (midnight): weight gain/muscle building drink

Ok, now that I am writing this down, I officially have 9meals! DAMN! I didn't realize it. However, sometimes I skip the morning or afternoon snack meal. Therefore, it usually ends up being 7.

I will try to update this more often.

Sebi
05-21-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by pr3
It's been a long time...I hate that I haven't updated this...and Sebi, if you're out there...you haven't updated too! So true... :D But both of us back again.
I seriously have to get my calves bigger...I have the same problem. Working out them twice a week seems to work.
Also need to improve on my leg, back and chest workout, Have their own days IMO
and for the love of God, need to find a different way to make my traps appear...Upright rows and shrugs worked well for me.

I will do this...so help me guys! Carlos, thanks for your message. I really needed it. ;) Glad to hear that you are progressing well. Keep it up!

pr3
05-22-2002, 11:20 AM
I'm back...

Well, I will try at least to stay more up-to-date.

Thank you Sebi. I appreciate your support.

I am extremely surprised by my slight weight increase. I weighed myself last night...148! I've NEVER been this high in my life! In fact, guys I used to ask for help in the gym are now asking me! It feels really good. I just need to maintain and improve. Three things I admit have done me justice:

1. More Food
2. Weight gain/Muscle Building Powder
3. Sleep (sort of)

Training, well...that needs to jump back.

This week so far...

Monday:
Biceps/Calves
Result: OK
Info: I got to the gym late, and I decided to just do these.

Tuesday:
Back
Result: OK
Info: I was planning to do chest, but my ex-training partner wanted me to join in.

Today:
Legs...

Goal...

I need to figure things out. I feel like I've been running around so much lately that I don't know if I'm doing the right things (this is in terms of my workout and my life altogether).

For example, I still need to learn the names of exercises, and check out new ones to improve my training. I NEED TO DO MY RESEARCH!

As far as tanning, I haven't done so in three weeks. I don't know if I want to considering the negative effects (more wrinkles). I may try it again...yeah, I guess I will.

pr3
05-30-2002, 04:47 PM
Today...work and sick.

I don't know what the hell is going on. I am sick AGAIN! I was sick in March and April, now again. I am suffering a sinus cold. I've been feeling tired, headache, bodyaches, and nose congestion. It's made me weak at the gym, and I've lost my appetite due to a sore throat.

Anyway,

I've been to the gym only once t his week so far--Tuesday. BAD, very bad. I did shoulders that night, but for some reason I feel stuck. Traps don't seem to be coming along.

Well, I just thought I should update this. I will start my regular format by next week I hope!:(

Current weight: 140

Sebi
06-01-2002, 09:15 AM
carlos, really hope you get well asap. i wouldn't work out while having a cold though. could get nasty. save your strength and do some stretching, that's what i do now. :)

pr3
06-02-2002, 10:23 AM
Thanks, that's what I am doing. I went to the gym Friday. I could tell I was weak. legs were just a struggle. I wanted to go to the gym Saturday, but I decided to just rest.

I think I'm planning to go on a serious diet (take all the right protein, carbs, fat) for the next week or two. I need to really be dedicated. I've never been dedicated to my diet. SO I will try it for two weeks and see how I do (or how I give up!)....I hope I stay on it!

I will post my ideas probably tomorrow while I'm at work...hope everything is better with the eye...:cool: :eek: (sorry...it reminded me of the sunglass photo...)

Later

pr3
06-04-2002, 03:55 PM
You guys I really need to get into a serious diet...I want to look big and lean...I will be compiling a new diet (or readjust the one I am on) soon and hope u all can offer some help...

Last night:

Chest--
Result: Poor
Why: This girl was talking to me about my friend, who doesn't want to talk to her after she got totally drunk Saturday night and said some really nasty things... She followed me throughout the gym. I felt bad, but it really dampened my workout!

Diet--not so good--ate tuna, rice, turkey, eggs and oatmeal...but I am missing those nice, big rich meals that really add on the weight!

Tonight:
I think back/bis!

BTW--when we use the bold and color on this, is there anyway to copy the format so I don't have to format each time?

Mystic Eric
06-04-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by pr3
You guys I really need to get into a serious diet...I want to look big and lean...I will be compiling a new diet (or readjust the one I am on) soon and hope u all can offer some help...

Last night:

Chest--
Result: Poor
Why: This girl was talking to me about my friend, who doesn't want to talk to her after she got totally drunk Saturday night and said some really nasty things... She followed me throughout the gym. I felt bad, but it really dampened my workout!

Diet--not so good--ate tuna, rice, turkey, eggs and oatmeal...but I am missing those nice, big rich meals that really add on the weight!

Tonight:
I think back/bis!

BTW--when we use the bold and color on this, is there anyway to copy the format so I don't have to format each time?

Hate to break it to you guy, you won't be adding on loads of muscle to make you big, while shedding fat to make you lean if you're natty.

rookiebldr
06-04-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by pr3

I just quote the example that i want and remove the quotes and text that I no longer want. Or alt. write it in a text editor and copy the result into your reply box.

pr3
06-16-2002, 08:37 PM
It's been pretty sad lately...

I've struck out in the three most important rules to bodybuilding:

1. lack of sleep
2. poor training
3. poor diet

In the past two weeks, I lost a couple of pounds. Even though I am around the same weight, my size has gone down. The creatine doesn't even help anymore...and of course, this would happen when I decided to stop tanning (which makes u 'look' bigger--and yes, that sounds very shallow).

I've let myself down because I failed to be CONSISTENT & DISCIPLINED! I've let other forces control my time and planning. I am sort of in love too, which explains why the time. However, that will not stop me from reaching my goals.

I will improve my training, diet and get at least 6 to 7 hours of sleep each night! I will start writing down everything I want to do, and then DO IT! Enuf of me wishing how I look, I need to make it HAPPEN!!!!!

Do I believe everything I just wrote....nope! Just kidding, yes I will get this done! No more playing around.

I WILL SUCCEED!;)

InferiorDesign
06-16-2002, 08:41 PM
i got the same problems because of my gf, you just gotta fight your problems back. and a good source of motivation is once a day, take off your shirt, completely relax and look at yourself in the mirror, at all angles, and just see, how utterly wimpy and puny you are

pr3
06-16-2002, 08:51 PM
Thanks Inferior.

I appreciate the comments. By the way, is that you on the avatar? If so, for 16, you look more than awesome...it's unbelievable...please tell me your routine and diet!