PDA

View Full Version : Critique Diet Please

FighterInSnatch
06-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Stats are 5'11"@195lbs.

Breakfast - 2 Scoop Whey,4 Fish caps,2 flax caps, 3oz mild cheddar, 1 slice ww toast with fat free hotdog and slice of cheese on top. 55grams of protein.

Lunch- 2 Scoop Whey,4 fish caps,2 flax caps, 16-18oz of chicken, 1tbsp lite olive oil and spinach saute'd, Creatine with about a liter of water. 65grams of protein

Dinner- 1 tub of 1% cottage cheese with Pineapple, 2 loaded Turkey sandwhiches on ww bread. 90grams of protein.

Before bead- Pack of 94% fat free beef jerkey@35-40 grams of protein.

Total Protein = 230grams of protein Total Calories = 2200-2500 calories

Water was drank through the day.

Built
06-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Well, how many grams of fat, where are your vegetables (I see one serving), and what are your goals?

FighterInSnatch
06-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Goals are to gain mass and lose fat. I can put more veggies if needed.

The only fat is coming from the little bit of cheese I have in morning and the caps.

Built
06-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Why so little fat?

And we all want to gain mass and lose fat. Which one do you want to do first?

bigsethmeister
06-24-2005, 11:36 AM
In my opinion you're relying a little too much on whey powder supplement and not enough on real food. Hot dogs are garbage. See "What a BB'er Eats" thread.

I'd also eat more meals. Five or six.

Finally, choose whether you want to gain mass or burn fat. Whichever one you choose to do right now will determine your diet.

FighterInSnatch
06-24-2005, 11:45 AM
I want to gain mass, but not put on nasty fat. I will take out hot-dogs and I know what a bodybuilder eats. Whats wrong with the whey powder? It has everything that food has right? Explain.

Built.....what kind of fats are you talking about? Mono-saturated? I eat almonds while I'm at work. Let me know. Thanx

Wierz
06-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Protein powders don't have everything that food has. Food has nutrients and other vitamins that protein powders don't.

Also, this is just personal, if my diet shifted any more towards liquid than it already has (2 of my 5 meals a day are liquid) I'm not sure I'd get enough fiber and I get grumpy.

Built
06-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Hey there

Fats can include avocados, almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamias...., olive oil, natty PB, egg yolks, and even butter in small amounts. Also fish oil (omega 2).
Proportions vary from person to person, and you'll hear all sorts of ratios, but in practice they don't matter. Just don't let them drop much below 30% of cals (some would say 20%) and you'll be fine. You can go higher (mine vary from 30% to 50% or so of total cals), just not lower.

smalls
06-25-2005, 01:26 AM
Actually I dont think it looks THAT bad. I would split it up into more meals and get slightly more healthy fat and less carbs and put them around your workouts. Dont expect to be putting on weight on the bar or muscle on your body on a diet like that. But you should lean out pretty quick provided your calories are actually calculated correclty.

Built
06-25-2005, 01:29 AM
Indeed - I totally agree with Smalls - I always target my carbs around my workouts.

FighterInSnatch
06-25-2005, 01:35 PM
What do you guys think about WW bread? How many slices do you think I should have? I normally eat like 6 slices a day or more. I love bread so its the hardest thing for me to take out of a diet.

Built
06-25-2005, 01:41 PM
If it fits in with your calories, knock yourself out.

You may find, as many of us do, that keeping it in the meal before and the meal or two right after you lift is an optimal strategy, with little or non on non-lifting days. This is NOT the only way to do it - but it's how I do it, and it works well for me.