PDA

View Full Version : Bones?

HighSchoolGuy
06-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Hey guys, every time I work out my arms or shoulders, I have a bit or sharp pain in some of my bones after I finish my set, example... if I bench press using my machine my elbow may hurt , or if I do pull ups my shoulder right above the bicep hurts a bit, this sometimes also happens when I bench press, and I am not locking my arms at all. Maybe i'm not drinking enough milk? Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

Unholy
06-24-2005, 01:48 PM
Try some glucosamine.

jack_of_all
06-24-2005, 06:48 PM
that sounds like your joints man. is it in the joint of the bone?

SkinnySadMan
06-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey about the joint problems, I have the same issue. Early tendonitis symptoms. Would cutting back the weight (do lighter weights) at higher reps make your joints adapt better so they'll become stronger for bigger lifts ?

Just keeping the same workout routine but go much lighter at high reps.

twm
06-24-2005, 09:25 PM
If they are in fact early symptoms of tendonitis (I don't know if they are or aren't), you'll be better off resting for a few weeks and dropping the exercises that cause issues. I really really really REALLY wish I stopped doing calf presses when it started to get uncomfortable. 7 months later, my calf still hurts like a mofo every now and then... before I finally got it treated, the pain was bordering on excrutiating. I was having difficulty walking :(

jack_of_all
06-25-2005, 08:35 AM
i had joint pain like that (in the tendons) when i wasnt lifting seriously, heavy excercises actually FIXED it, but theres no way to be sure it wont make it worse. but basically, i just did what hurt it and it finally went away, now it doesnt hurt at all anymore. maybe i was stupid to do it, but it worked out for me lol.

waynis
06-25-2005, 12:22 PM
if you don't stretch start stretching as much as you can. YOu can try some msm for the joint pain.