PDA

View Full Version : ?how to eat 5600 cals a day with a busy schedule?

texlonghornz2
06-25-2005, 12:32 PM
i need help with meal plans. i have football from 7 am til noon mon through thurs and on basketball from 7 til 10 mon thru thur frid i have wrk from 5 til 11 pm and sat and sun have wrk from 5 til 11 pm i am 6'4" 220 and would like to get to 245 1 yr from now. i plateaued (sp) at 5000 calories 6 meals a day i would like some help from the experts also how much protein fat and carbs should i take n a day and how many meals should i eat

twm
06-25-2005, 12:34 PM
use a fork

seriously.. you're currently plateauing at 5,000 calories.. you want to get to 5,600. that is like 1 protein shake with some oats, pb, and flax

that's some very simple math application right there.

fierce
06-25-2005, 02:20 PM
periods really help when constructing a sentance

Canadian Crippler
06-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Why act like a smartass when you can't even spell the word "sentence"?

Go for 1-1.5xBW in protein, try for 30% fat and the rest from carbs. As twm said, all you really need to do is make another protein shake any time during the day and you'll hit 5600.

gettinthere
06-25-2005, 04:12 PM
why dont you suggest he eat 4 or 5 hooah bars a day? (of course on top of what he already consumes)

Canadian Crippler
06-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Lol, that would likely work. But please stop thread stalking me.

WBBIRL
06-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Just eat more, if you feel bloated divide your meals up smaller.

Manveet
06-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Olive oil is your friend, use it sparingly.

I would follow Canadian Crippler's advice on the macros. If you have trouble eating/preparing solid meals, make shakes.

BG5150
06-25-2005, 08:49 PM
periods really help when constructing a sentance

GREAT advice, unfortunate misspelling.

Proper grammar, capitalization and punctuation make reading and replying to a question much easier.

HILL
06-26-2005, 05:31 PM
high calorie shakes

galileo
06-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Is this health class or English?

I suggest preparing a protein shake and setting an alarm. Make it something easy to drink so you can down it fast and go right back to sleep. Worked for me.

ryuage
06-26-2005, 10:05 PM
i think i got about 5000+ calories without trying still more to come lets see...

apple pancake
2 chocolate glazed bareclaw donuts and 6 donut holes
japanese/sushi buffet followed by a blizzard
thai food followed by a pint of ben and jerrys

ReelBigFish
06-27-2005, 12:00 AM
Is this health class or English?

I suggest preparing a protein shake and setting an alarm. Make it something easy to drink so you can down it fast and go right back to sleep. Worked for me.

While a shake in the middle of the night is a great idea, I wouldn't qake myself up for it, since sleep is very important in muscle growth. But if you happen to wake up to piss, have one ready must in case and slam it down. Personally I would try to get it during the day instead of interupting sleep.

WBBIRL
06-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Getting more cals is simple, you must eat more. Unless your aiming for a insane number like 7K+ then there should be no issue. 1K meals are somewhat smaller then you would immagine, hell a nice sized bowl of cereal and two cups of milk is over 500 caloires and thats not a lot of food either. You should be eating to the point of where you feel full, normally when I eat I dont eat to that point. Drinking some of those calories may make it easier on you. From 8 A.M. until 10 P.M. you have 14 hours to feed... giving you 5 meals placed nearly 3 hours apart. If you eat meals just over 1K in cals you should get there in these five... incase you cant eat every three hours just wake up and go to bed an hour and a half earlier. Which allows for 6 meals to be consumed every 3 hours.

With a busy schedule, the easiest thing to do would be buy some weight gainer shakes if you can afford... supp in a shake two times each day and youve got two 1K+ cal meals in liquid form that can go where ever you need them. If you cant afford or dont want to drink them, your going to have to just eat bigger meals when you can.

Your going to have to ask yourself, How bad do I want it?

galileo
06-27-2005, 08:38 AM
While a shake in the middle of the night is a great idea, I wouldn't qake myself up for it, since sleep is very important in muscle growth. But if you happen to wake up to piss, have one ready must in case and slam it down. Personally I would try to get it during the day instead of interupting sleep.

Honestly, 3 minutes of awake time won't hurt.

Reinvented
06-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Honestly, 3 minutes of awake time won't hurt.

:withstupi

it takes me 3 mins just to P!ss

WBBIRL
06-27-2005, 02:05 PM
well, if your like I am.. ( Its hard for me to fall back asleep once Im awake ) then its not practial to wake up of a good sound sleep.

ReelBigFish
06-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Waking up isn't optimal because it has to do with the different sleep cycles and they take certain amounts of time to get into each. Your body needs the deepest sleep possible for the best recovery.

Reinvented
06-27-2005, 03:12 PM
well, if your like I am.. ( Its hard for me to fall back asleep once Im awake ) then its not practial to wake up of a good sound sleep.

i suffer from the same problem, but usuually i can fall asleep in the middle of the night, its getting to sleep the first place.....

i won't set my clock to wake up, my raging need for a midnight leak does that for me :french:

dw06wu
06-28-2005, 05:58 PM
I really don't see how people have trouble with anything less than like 7000 cals a day. Just add some bagels in there. At 220lbs, they shouldn't be uber-filling on top of whatever you already eat, and you only need to add like 1 bagel at each meal. You can always do the protein shake thing too, but it's more expensive.

Hell, on UD2 I had a ****in ball on the fatass day; what was it like 7500 or 8000 calories? I was in heaven.