PDA

View Full Version : Is Chili ok too eat?

J_weik
06-26-2005, 01:32 AM
I don't want to gain any fat, just lean muscle as I'm trying to lower my BF too my six pack too show. Chili has protein it in, is it ok?

DNL
06-26-2005, 01:36 AM
a Big Mac has about 20g or proteins, 10 pieces of chicken nugget have about 25g of proteins.

Built
06-26-2005, 01:48 AM
Why wouldn't chili be okay?

J_weik
06-26-2005, 01:55 AM
Well I don't know if its ok too eat because I dont know the value on it. Its homemade. I don't want to consume too much fat, as I said I wanted to make it so my abs are visiable. But on the other hand, I do want to gain weight, Just lean muscle.

YungLifter
06-26-2005, 04:14 AM
This really depends on whos cooking it but alot of the time home-made stuff is better for you then stuff in a can b/c you know whats going into it, but since you dont you should ask whoever made or watch them when their making it.

Unreal
06-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Depends on whats in it, and whos making it. As long as your caloric intake is below maintence, then its fine. Don't add tons of cheese and stuff on top. I make my chili with chicken breast. Basically just some tomatos, beans, spice, chicken/meat.

Max-Mex
06-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Well I don't know if its ok too eat because I dont know the value on it. Its homemade. I don't want to consume too much fat, as I said I wanted to make it so my abs are visiable. But on the other hand, I do want to gain weight, Just lean muscle.

Fat dont make you fat. Eating too much and not exercising makes you fat. Besides, put enough beans in that chili and you'll poop most of it out.

YungLifter
06-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Beans are the best, I can eat them all day with everything.

Shao-LiN
06-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Besides, put enough beans in that chili and you'll poop most of it out.

Doesn't mean it doesn't get digested and the calories don't go to work.

Shao-LiN
06-26-2005, 10:37 AM
I don't want to gain any fat, just lean muscle as I'm trying to lower my BF too my six pack too show. Chili has protein it in, is it ok?

If it fits into your daily caloric goals, go for it. If it doesn't, don't. If you want it, make room for it by eliminating something else from your diet.

Eating fat does not make you fat. In fact, avoiding fat in your diet hinders your body from releasing its own fat stores down the line. It's about your calorie deficit. Eating a bowl of chili won't automatically make you gain fat.

APE.
06-26-2005, 10:39 AM
Home made chili is awesome, the beef and beans..
and easy to figure the value if your making it @ home.
Figure all the prot/carbs/fat from each ingrediant.
Follow the recipe if your following one.
Cook then divide by however many servings.

Built
06-26-2005, 10:52 AM
APE - this is exactly what I do when I make chili.

:)

And J_weik - I eat a high-ish fat diet to cut. I find it helps manage my appetite.

dw06wu
06-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Maybe one or two cups of it, but it depends on how below your caloric goal you are for the day and how the chili is made. Just use common sense. Chili is extremely high in fat. Fat won't make you fat unless you eat too much. Just restrict the chili eating if you must have it and don't know the info on the type you eat.

boxingtigger
06-29-2005, 07:23 AM
Home made chili was actually part of my cutting diet. I was able to go from 17% to 9% in under 16 weeks. I make my chili with 97% lean ground turkey breast. If you want, I can give you the recipe for the chili and the actual numbers for it as well.

drew
06-29-2005, 07:30 AM
"oh man, I'm never eating chili again... wooo CHILI!!!" - Homer

Jorge Sanchez
06-29-2005, 01:43 PM
Damn... Chili with turkey. I never thought of that before. I'll take the recipe if you get a chance

METALASIAN
06-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Same hurr... chili sounds good right about now. :)

boxingtigger
06-29-2005, 02:01 PM
I'll post the chili recipe later. I am at work now and I don't know the recipe by memory.

galileo
06-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Home made chili was actually part of my cutting diet. I was able to go from 17% to 9% in under 16 weeks. I make my chili with 97% lean ground turkey breast. If you want, I can give you the recipe for the chili and the actual numbers for it as well.

Please post it to the recipes forum, I'd be quite happy to see it.