PDA

View Full Version : Amount of Carbs in PreWO Meal

YungLifter
06-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Whats a good amount of carbs for a pre-work out meal, I usually have a cup of dry oats/2cups of milk/scoop of whey. Does that sound good, to much to little? And I heard you shouldn't have fat in your pre and post workout meals is this correct?

Built
06-26-2005, 10:44 AM
My feeling is that fat in the pre-workout meal isn't as much of a problem, particularly if you're taking it more than a half hour before you start training (works for me, anyway). But I stick to fat-free for at least two post workout meals, so nothing slows 'em down.

I reintroduce fats for any subsequent meals.

smalls
06-26-2005, 01:07 PM
My feeling is that fat in the pre-workout meal isn't as much of a problem, particularly if you're taking it more than a half hour before you start training (works for me, anyway). But I stick to fat-free for at least two post workout meals, so nothing slows 'em down.

I reintroduce fats for any subsequent meals.

I agree and that's pretty much how I do it to.

Yung, what are your stats and goals. I usually have about 125g+ preworkout (1 hour prior) and 100g+ post, when bulking.

YungLifter
06-26-2005, 04:15 PM
im about 130lb/5'11-6ft and starting bulk and id be eating this meal about an hour or so before my workout, if fat isn't such a problem I might add tbsp of natty to my pre workout and keep fat really minimal in my post work meal(minimal because rice has atleast 1g of fat every 1/4cup and beans and chicken have like a gram of fat in each serving also and thats mostly what my post work meal would consist of).

HILL
06-26-2005, 05:28 PM
i have a shake 1 hour before training - 750cals - 78c/49p/22f works for me while i am bulking.