PDA

View Full Version : Started Cutting and Cardio Today

OneAtom12
06-29-2005, 06:53 AM
6:00am...*BEEEEEEEEEEP* (alarm)

Jump out of bed, into a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt. Shoes on and out the door. It was 78 degrees and sunny and it felt good to sweat harder again. I jogged about 2 miles and did some sprints.
Came home...calmed down...took a nice cold shower.

The breakfast consisted of:
1/2 Oats
1/2 skim milk
3 egg whites
1 egg whole
granola bar
1/4 of a leftover banana

Since I have no job or school til late August, early September, this is going to be my routine for a while. After eating I'll sleep until around 1pm.
Around then I'll get ready to go to my boxing lessons.
Around 3 or 4p, I'll have a snack and a shake and then go to lift @ 5.
Around 6:30 or so, I'll eat dinner.

I'm pretty big now: around 5'8" and 220 lbs, but I don't look like a balloon at all.http://www.rockfordracing.com/forums/uploads/1119937746/gallery_884_35_55789.jpg

My diet consists of Meal 1 above, then:
Meal 2 - Banana
Meal 3 - Chicken Breast and a cooked green vegetable
Meal 4 - Tuna w/o mayo on rye and a 1/4c unsalted nut mixture
Meal 5 - Small chicken breast, cooked brown rice, spinach or small salad
Meal 6 - 1 egg white, banana

This is probably not the best cutting diet in the world, but it's a start. Please recommend anything that I could do to help myself.

thanks

ectx
06-29-2005, 07:05 AM
There's nothing blatantly wrong with your diet, just things you might want to do differently. A bannana does not a meal make. I suggest you include some whey supplementation. One thing I use to do when cutting was AM cardio immediately followed by a whey shake with 2 tbsps of flax seed oil. About an hour later I'd eat a 30 g protein serving (eggs, omellettes, etc) with a serving of a good low glycemic carb (oatmeal or whole wheat toast). This might be a better choice for your morning diet regimen. If anything, considering your cardio, bw, etc, I'd say your diet's calorically deficient.

OneAtom12
06-29-2005, 07:44 AM
I suggest you include some whey supplementation. One thing I use to do when cutting was AM cardio immediately followed by a whey shake with 2 tbsps of flax seed oil.

Awesome, I'm definately going to try supplementation. I was considering anyway, but never really got around to buying whey powder. What's a good brand to buy? Also, does flax seed oil only come in pill form?

Unholy
06-29-2005, 07:50 AM
Yeah eat more protein and less bananas :D

OneAtom12
06-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Yeah eat more protein and less bananas :D

I love 'em. Right now they're really cheap too!

Unholy
06-29-2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah so eat them + peanut butter in a shake

12oz milk
1 banana
2 heaping spoons of Peanut Butter
2 scoops chocolate protein

One Kick ass shake

ectx
06-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Awesome, I'm definately going to try supplementation. I was considering anyway, but never really got around to buying whey powder. What's a good brand to buy? Also, does flax seed oil only come in pill form?

Whey is whey. Just stay away from strawberry flavor. An alternative is At Large's Nitrean, which I hear is very tasty. Flax does come in pills but it's very sensitive to temperature, etc. I'd just use the liquid oil you can buy at most nutrition stores and keep it in the fridge.

OneAtom12
06-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Picked up a 2 lb. tub of 100% Whey Gold Standard, a bottle of L-Arginine 1000, and a bottle of Flax Seed Oil.

Unholy
06-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Good stuff.

Built
06-29-2005, 12:02 PM
You might want to reconsider the sprints in the AM while empty.

Intervals are best fed the same as a lifting workout. AM empty is for moderate, steady-state cardio. Fast incline walking is what I do for mine.

Save the intervals for later in the day, when you've eaten a few meals and some carbs.

And watch the caloric deficit and the protein. Cutting doesn't have to mean dropping all your hard-earned LBM.

Shao-LiN
06-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Meal 4 - Tuna w/o mayo on rye and a 1/4c unsalted nut mixture

thanks

Just curious. Did you mean to type w/ or did you mean w/o (as in without). If you meant without, why'd you even bother putting w/o mayo on there? =P

Unreal
06-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Some people assume everyone eats tuna with mayo. My mom asked me last week how I eat my tuna. My response "with a fork". Open can, drain, eat. She was disgusted.

ryuage
06-30-2005, 08:44 AM
heh... i usually eat it with some salsa or something

Praetorian
06-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Just stay away from strawberry flavor.

I second this one. Strawberry flavoured shake is the Devil's creation.

Unholy
06-30-2005, 08:59 AM
:withstupi

OneAtom12
06-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Just curious. Did you mean to type w/ or did you mean w/o (as in without). If you meant without, why'd you even bother putting w/o mayo on there? =P

i mean "without." sorry for the confusion. some people think that tuna is eaten with some sort of mayo. sry.

shootermcgavin7
06-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Good advice thus far on this thread from people who really know what they are talking about.

If I weren't working OR taking classes, though, I don't know that I'd get out of bed at 6am.

OneAtom12
06-30-2005, 03:26 PM
I like being active and I don't fall asleep at night if I don't wake up early.