PDA

View Full Version : Diet you say? I need help then

pfc3rex
06-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Well almost any question asked on here one of the many responses that you will get will have the word diet somewhere involved in it. Am I right?

So if the diet is what holds almost anyone back then, can I get some comments on this nutrition intake then? You may ask well are you trying to cut or bulk? To be honest i'm doing neither i'm just toning my body I guess you could say.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breakfast: Cereal, Ham & Cheese Scrambled Eggs, 3/4 Hard Boiled Eggs, Fruit/Peaches, Low Fat Milk to drink

After Breakfast Snack: 2 Power Bars or Peanut Butter Granola Bars with 100% ON Protein Shake

Lunch: 2 Tuna Fish Sandwiches with fries or potato wedges with 2 gatorades to drink

After Lunch Snack: 2 Power Bars or Peanut Butter Granola Bars

Dinner: 2 servings Chicken & Rice Sauteed (sp) or Red meat with Mashed Potatoes and Rice with 2 gatorades to drink.

After Dinner / PWO Snack: 2 Power Bars or Peanut Butter Granola bars with 100% ON Protein Shake with creatine added

* workout *

After Workout Snack: 100% ON Protein Shake

~ water is drunk throughout the day ~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and that's it. comments?

D Breyer
06-29-2005, 01:13 PM
whats the p/c/f breakdown? calories? weight/height?

Built
06-29-2005, 01:16 PM
The gatoraids and the bars are crap and don't need to be in there. Neither do the fries.

And what capn crunch said.

boxingtigger
06-29-2005, 01:19 PM
You need to post some numbers for us to help you. Current weight, height, age and how active you are. From what I see, if you weigh 120lbs. your diet may be ok but I hardly think you weigh that little. Also, I can tell you that your not getting enough protein.

pfc3rex
06-29-2005, 01:38 PM
204 lbs, 72 in, 20 yrs old.

I'll have to get back to you on the p/c/f (there's a nutrition list at the gym for the breakdown)

Not enough protein? I'm drinking 3 protein shakes a day, and I roughly eat two cans of tuna (2 tuna fish sandwiches) that's not enough?

Unholy
06-29-2005, 01:45 PM
You should be getting about 200-250 grams a day, I would do 2 scoops in each shake and if you are eating tuna and chicken you should be safe there, gatorade is not neccasery, niether are powerbars. You have way to many power bars. Eat real food instead.

boxingtigger
06-29-2005, 02:21 PM
To maintain your current weight, you should be getting in around 3278-3648 calories depending on how active you are.

Unholy
06-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Lol, no offense Boxin, but Metabolism plays a huge roll on calorie consumption. Because of it maintance can vary by as much as a few thousand calories. There is no formula that will tell you how much you need to eat to maintain your weight.

boxingtigger
06-29-2005, 03:06 PM
I am not saying that metabolism doesn't play a key role in a diet. These are basic equations that give you a starting point. For any new/adjusted diet to truely be effective it is very important to watch your weight and bf% for a couple of weeks to see how your body is responding to the new diet. Then you can adjust your diet up or down by what type of results you are looking for. I know that there is no one clear number for every body but you do need a starting/measuring point.