PDA

View Full Version : Hello, few suggestions/help please

MalteseAnimal
06-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi,

I'm pretty new here (although I joined a while ago). I am just now starting to get my diet in check and was wondering if someone could give me advice. Since dieting is a large task, and theres so much to know, I''m going to change my diet one meal at a time. I'm going to start with breakfast and move on to the other meals in the next few days.

I'm about 6'1", 195lbs and gained about 15-20lbs in the past few months because I recently quit smoking. I'm looking to cut that 15-20lbs of fat, and then start bulking.

Tomorrow what I'm going to start eating for breakfast is:

- Vector Cereal with 2% milk
- 1 big glass of vegetable/fruit juice (going to use the juicer machine with Celery, Carrots, Apples)
- 1 glass of whey

For my snack around 11am, I will have an apple.

Is this reasonable? Any pointers? Suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated, please.

Thank you!
Jon

getfit
06-29-2005, 07:37 PM
i would drop the Vector(full of sugar) and have some oatmeal in the morning instead!

why don't you post up all your meals so we help!

MalteseAnimal
06-29-2005, 07:41 PM
I heard Vector was one of the best cereals on the market for nutrients, that's why I bought it.

As for my other meals, I have none. hehe. Working slowly at it.

Thank you very much for your reply though! Other than the Vector, is my breakfast and snack OK?

Thanks,
Jon

getfit
06-29-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm sure Vector has alot of sugar in it! try some oatmeal!

you can have some cottage cheese with your apple as a snack as well! :)

MalteseAnimal
06-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Great! How much Cottage Cheese.. and in what form? I mean, cottage cheese on whole wheat bread? Or just eat it alone? hehe

Thanks!
Jon

Ps-EDIT: Which oatmeal cereal do you recommend?

getfit
06-29-2005, 07:49 PM
they have low fat cottage cheese just alone with your apple would be fine! :)

MalteseAnimal
06-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Great! Thank you GetFit for your help :) I'm going to start this breakfast routine tomorrow morning. And I'm going to start thinking of my Lunch Routine tomorrow too.. hehe :)

getfit
06-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Great! How much Cottage Cheese.. and in what form? I mean, cottage cheese on whole wheat bread? Or just eat it alone? hehe

Thanks!
Jon

Ps-EDIT: Which oatmeal cereal do you recommend?
i buy quick oats in bulk i'm sure you'll find some at the supermarket or a store like bulk barn where they sell different types of things in bulk!

Unreal
06-30-2005, 08:22 AM
I get my oats at costco. Quaker brand. Huge box for $7-8 bucks. Last a good two months.

trainerSI
06-30-2005, 09:20 AM
an easy way to check sugar content is to read the label under carbohydrates...it will give you the sugars content in grams directly under. You will usually find that most box cereals contain at least 25-36 grams of refinded sugars per severving. Oat meal is the way to go though for fiber and complex carbs that will stick with you until the next feeding.

Desire, Dedication, Discipline