PDA

View Full Version : almonds

Neck
06-29-2005, 09:18 PM
Love them. Mostly eat regular, although Costco sometimes are out of those, so I have to get Dry Roasted, or Blue Diamond Smokehouse :drooling: . I'm working on Dry Roasted right now, which have almost exact same calorie makeup as regular. Is 4-5 oz of almonds a day too much to eat (700 calories, 60 grams fat, 22 grams carb, 25 grams protein)? I am sticking to 2500 calories a day slow cut with 40% (200 grams) of that protein, almonds eaten as a supplement to the meal.

Built
06-29-2005, 09:22 PM
You may eat as many nuts as your calories allow - nuts are high in fibre and healthy fat.

Eat 'em raw, though. The fat is damaged when the nuts are roasted. Unfortunately.

Personally, I like to keep my fats on the high side for cutting. Helps curb appetite if I limit my carbs and favour fats for my non-protein calories.

Neck
06-29-2005, 09:30 PM
That was quick - thanks Built! I knew the roasted were too good to be true :cry:
I am finding a higher fat % is helping me drop fat quicker, as well. I am shooting for a 40 protein, 35 fat, 25 carb mix daily, and it's working for me compared to before I was doign 25 fat, 35 carb.

Built
06-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Funny, eh? I avoided fat for YEARS, and I was pudgy and miserable.

Have you tried it with targeting your carbs around your lifts? That's working really, really well for me.

Built
06-29-2005, 09:34 PM
PS a few roasted won't kill you. Just don't make too big of a habit of it.

Neck
06-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Yeah a bag of roasted only happens once in a while, I have to be real good and get the regulars - it's a test :evillaugh
I eat a banana 45 mins before working out. PWO shake is whey 44 gram protein in Gatorade (2.5 oz). Other than that, no more carbs than daily usual. I need to get some dextrose, but am having trouble finding it, going to try the beer 'n winemaking store.

Built
06-29-2005, 10:23 PM
You can look for malto, too. It's sold as "brew body" in the u-brew I shop at.