PDA

View Full Version : Calories a day

MalteseAnimal
06-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Hello,

I'm having a problem using the search.. keep getting a massive error code when I try to search. Think it's broken :(

Anways, I'm 23, 6'1 200lbs looking to lose a little bit of fat, but also put on muscle. I was wondering how I can figure out how many calories I should be taking in per day? As well as carbs and protein?

Thanks,
any help appreciated!

shansen008
06-30-2005, 05:23 PM
use www.fitday.com

Built
06-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Have a look at my cutting diet in the link in my sig.

MalteseAnimal
06-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks, but that diet is a little too complicated for me right now.. I do not know much at all about calories, protein, etc.. I'm an absolute beginner.. I'm just looking for a number to work with. (calories per day, etc)

Max-Mex
06-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks, but that diet is a little too complicated for me right now.. I do not know much at all about calories, protein, etc.. I'm an absolute beginner.. I'm just looking for a number to work with. (calories per day, etc)

Well then, you need to read up. How many calories you need depends on lots of factors. You want to do the ole "lose fat, gain muscle" trick. Well, it's hard to do, and your results will be slow in coming. Your better off picking one or the other. Once you decide, then maybe we can help you.

If you don't know much about protien, calories etc, but you want to know how many calories to take in, how do you expect the number you get to be of any use?

Unreal
07-01-2005, 07:25 AM
Track calories for a week to find your maintence level. Subtract 300-500 to lose weight gradually. More if you want to go faster but not too many or you will drop muscle and kill your metabolism. Eat 1g-1.5g of protein per pound of body weight and spread meals out to 5-6 a day. Drink tons of water, and lift hard.

MalteseAnimal
07-01-2005, 07:48 AM
Track calories for a week to find your maintence level. Subtract 300-500 to lose weight gradually. More if you want to go faster but not too many or you will drop muscle and kill your metabolism. Eat 1g-1.5g of protein per pould of body weight and spread meals out to 5-6 a day. Drink tons of water, and lift hard.

Thanks for the helpful post.