PDA

View Full Version : Hey Chicken DADDY!...

Marcel
12-12-2001, 12:46 AM
Hey how do I make those homeade oatmeal bars huh? I cook the oats then...?:cool: Thanks in advance.

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-12-2001, 03:41 AM
just with water dude.

throw your oats into a small bowl and add water. Don't add too much water - in fact, add too little. This way the oats won't puff up and become sticky. You ust want enough water to bind the oats together.

Give it a quick stir making sure they're all coated a bit and throw the bowl into the microwave.

You gotta leave it in till it becomes quite stiff, but not too dry, or eating the bar will be a nightmare.

Once it's at this stage then just try and scoop the whole thing out of the bowl and onto a plate. Once it's cooled for like 2-3 minutes, ply it into a bar shape. if it's still a bit sticky at this point don't worry cause once you've left it in the fridge for an hour the outside of it becomes a lot drier and easier to mould. Also, make sure that after about 30-45 minutes you turn the bar upside down, or else one side will be very sticky.

Once it's made you can just throw it into a plastic bag and carry it round with you.

Easy to make, mobile complex carbs.

They beat the **** out of malto too...

Marcel
12-12-2001, 07:13 PM
Perfect. Thanks bro. I'm gonna make some tonight and eat them tomorrow for my carbs. :cool:

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-13-2001, 05:07 AM
let me know how it goes man.

Marcel
12-13-2001, 08:53 PM
Lovely! I cooked them on the stove not too dry not too moist and put it on a plate and let it cool a lil and molded them into bars. Today I ate some for lunch and after my workout. Thanks bro ;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-14-2001, 04:52 AM
no problemo essa.

I've found that they are the quickest, easiest, tastiest and all round best way to eat complex carbs on the move.

It's a lot more practical than having to sit down with a tub of rice or sweet potatoes.

Marcel
12-14-2001, 08:43 PM
:thumbup:

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-15-2001, 05:11 AM
:cool:

ericg
12-17-2001, 07:24 AM
:evillaugh