PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Questions

Dez
12-12-2001, 04:44 AM
1) Green Tea is good if a person is trying to lose weight (or so I read). However, will it do us good if a person is bulking?

2) When bulking, how much carbs should I take at night?

3) What happens if someone bulking eats alot of protein but not much fats and carbs?

4) If a person eats very cleanly when bulking, is it possible for him to gain some good size but mantain about the same in his waist area?

5) I drink 2 cups of coffee everyday during my bulking routine. Is it doing me good, bad, or nothing?

millertime
12-12-2001, 06:19 AM
1) Green Tea is good if a person is trying to lose weight (or so I read). However, will it do us good if a person is bulking?
Green Tea is fine while bulking, I would not worry about it.

>>>you should eat not carbs at night, you should eat some cottage cheese or plain yogart

3) What happens if someone bulking eats alot of protein but not much fats and carbs?

>>>for one day? or the whole it your bulking?

4) If a person eats very cleanly when bulking, is it possible for him to gain some good size but mantain about the same in his waist area?

>>>If you eat good, you shouldn't gain that much fat in your wast area. But it all depends on how much you are going to gain. If you gain lets say 50lbs your wast size will go up.

5) I drink 2 cups of coffee everyday during my bulking routine. Is it doing me good, bad, or nothing?

>>>coffee is not good, but I don't think its that bad either.

YatesNightBlade
12-12-2001, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Dez

* it's fine as it has a positive effect on the metobolism.

*What time do you mean. for your last meal I would just have protein and some fats.

*The protein will be broken down and used as energy if the body does not get enough fats and carbs.

*Yes.

*2 cups is fine. Try taking a cup before working out.

gopro
12-12-2001, 07:49 AM
Coffee fine. Green Tea fine.
In order to get bigger and stay lean, try the following plan...

Protein: 2 grams per lb of bodyweight
Carbs: 1 gram per lb of bodyweight
Fats: naturally occurring plus 1 tablespoon of flax or olive oil for each 50 lbs of bodyweight

On training days, add in 50 extra grams of carbs for the day...taken at post workout meal.

Observe results. If adequate, continue. If not, adjust carbs up or down as needed...make small adjustments, like adding or subtracting 25 grams at at time.

gino
12-12-2001, 08:22 AM
When I bulked a year ago, I gained 20 lbs while eating pretty clean foods. My waist only increased slightly.

I ate red meat 2x daily, added peanut butter to shakes, and ate 450-500g of carbs every day. HOWEVER, the majority of the carbs came from ideal carb sources. I'd eat 4-5 packs of instant oatmeal, 6 slices of wheat bread, a wheat bagel, and a couple pieces of fruit and veggies every day. I wasn't stuffing sugar and other simple carbs in my mouth like some people do when bulking. I enjoyed ONE cheat day every week. On sunday, I'd consume 6000-7000 calories of oh so tasty junk food - tacos, pizza, burgers, ice cream, etc. I think it worked out for the best though - eating non stop all day really boosted my metabolism. When I went back to my diet on monday every week, I'd be starving all day while still eating 4500 calories. By tuesday, I was back to normal.

Bulking is fun.