PDA

View Full Version : Trying to cut fat!!!

SteveRaiken
07-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Can anyone give there thoughts on the Atkins diet??

Has anyone been successful with it,

Good for fat loss but also muscle?

Whats the deal with this diet, can anyone help me out please....

steve,

Unholy
07-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Sure, It is a good diet. If you follow it the right way, what are your goals? Some starting stats suck as age height current weight, do you play sports? do you lift? what is your current diet like? how much weight would you like to loose? Ide love to help you out just give me somethign to work with.

Built
07-03-2005, 07:51 PM
I started with Atkins, and in retrospect, it was exactly what I needed at the time. I carb cycle now. How fat are you, and how are you training?

Paul Stagg
07-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Adkins (an SKD) is good for fat loss, not good for training.

The right diet for you depends on a lot of factors - your bf%, your training, your goals, and how you respond to structured diets.

For example, I tend to not do well if I don't have a structured diet - I tend to be an all or nothing dieter. So I do better using things like a TKD, where what I eat is predetermined, and there are set rules.

Other people can just eat a little less and do just fine.

Built
07-03-2005, 08:14 PM
TKD is an EXCELLENT alternative to straight Atkins for a fat lifter. It was the first step toward macronutrient timing that I moved into after my initial success with by-the-book Atkins.

Unholy
07-03-2005, 08:16 PM
One diet that worked wonders for me was South Beach. But not very good in the conserving LBM department.

Built
07-03-2005, 08:18 PM
South Beach is just too low in calories, IMHO.

Unholy
07-03-2005, 08:22 PM
I donno worked for me.

Built
07-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Sorry - did I miss something? You said you lost too much LBM. I think it's because the cals are too low is all.

Unholy
07-03-2005, 08:29 PM
to tell you the truth, i was not into lifting back then and never check my bf% just went by weight, Looking back now its seems that its not too god for LBM, the cals are fine on that diet its really abotu the types of foods you eat not how much.

Built
07-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Hmmmm. I'm not quite sure what your last post meant...

I looked at SBD at one point, and the cals looked insanely low based on what was recommended for a person my size. But I didn't buy the book, so I could be totally on Mars here. I had understood that SB was moderately high protein, moderate fat, lowish carb, which is pretty much how I eat now.

Unholy
07-03-2005, 08:35 PM
yup thats what it was, cals were pretty good though, I did buy the books. Sorry abotu my last post my train of thought seems to be way off :D

galileo
07-03-2005, 08:37 PM
If low carb is your thing a CKD can be useful.

Built
07-03-2005, 08:39 PM
I had trouble with CKD, but I had no trouble with TKD at all. I felt like crap with the big carbup once a week, although it works like a hot damn for a lot of people. If you're coming off Atkins like I did, I'd personally suggest TKD as a first step before trying CKD - less of a shock, and easier to recover from if you overdo it a bit on the carbs first time out.

My .02