PDA

View Full Version : On the search for a 6 pack

i_man45
07-05-2005, 11:09 PM
I posted here earlier, about the slimfast diet etc. Im still on my plateau and i think im starting to move off it. I stopped the slim fast diet and just started eating properly. I lift heavy (for me) atleast 3 times a week and do cardio around 5 days a week (20 mins running treadmill in the morning) I watch my caloric intake but still havent seen the scale drop.

a couple questions
1) will i regain my lost muscle by doing this?
2) will i be able to reduce fat at the same time
3) how long will it approx take if im 135 right now and 5'8 to reduce my fat enuff to see my 6 pack

stoni9
07-06-2005, 06:57 AM
dude...ur 135 and 5'8 and cant see ur 6 pack?? thats insane

start doing sprints. go on a basketball court and do suicides or just sprint the length of the court and jog back...do like 12-15 3 days a week

also...do the weighted ab exercises

Shao-LiN
07-06-2005, 07:04 AM
More importantly, post your diet.

You post weighted ab exercises like they're gonna burn fat off of your mid section. You can't spot reduce.

In any event, I remember being 5'8" and 140 and being a tooth pick. What's your bodyfat %?

Unholy
07-06-2005, 07:19 AM
Yeah your problem is most likely a lagging diet.

sirsmiley
07-06-2005, 10:48 AM
probably be the diet...i gotta be careful, im thin but pretty darn fit (slowly gaining lean mass) im 6' even and about 168 lbs...goal is about 180-200 eventually...i eat a lot, i have a high metabolism but lets face it, we all like junk food now and then and by reading some of the diet info on fast food etc its disturbing, if you get like 2 sauces on a subway sandwich and they are the wrong ones, you just put 30 grams of bad fat on....

from now on im eating clean!!! ill still eat red meats and stuff but i mean no more junk food (except maybe once a week) i eat it like twice a week or more right now and its whats dragging me down...

oh and for cardio i gotta get doin that....i dont do any really, just weights cuz im pretty thin...i figure if i go walking about 3km twice a week with the gf and go jogging for 30 minutes twice a week ill be ok

good luck iman!!

Unholy
07-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Good stuff, you are on the right track now.

stoni9
07-06-2005, 02:08 PM
You post weighted ab exercises like they're gonna burn fat off of your mid section. You can't spot reduce.

no ****...he said he was eating properly and watching food intake

he was concerned on exercises

iman...rock out with the sprints

sirsmiley
07-06-2005, 02:38 PM
just got back from a 16k speed walk holy hell, next time im takin water lol...meant to jog/run about 3k and hten im like its a nice day out im gonna keep on goin....actually i dont feel too bad...hurray for cardio, im on adrenaline high now =)