PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Worst Fast Food Foods

pfc3rex
07-06-2005, 06:54 AM
Was browsing around, came across this. This has most likely been discussed many times, hopefully this is just an updated version. The first picture I saw was a kid about 10-12 years of age about 180+ pounds. My kids are going to feel deprived of fast food :p , if this is the wrong forum sorry, says anything related to diet and nutrition...

Fast Food Facts (http://channels.netscape.com/ns/homerealestate/feature.jsp?story=worstfastfoods&floc=HR-1_T)

summary: The average 180-pound male should consume (per day):

Approximately 2,160 calories
248 to 270g of carbohydrates
126 to 162g of protein
60g or less of fat
An absolute maximum of 2,400mg of sodium

(courtesy of netscape)

Unholy
07-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Dayyum I am glad I gave up on fast food.

Chizniz16
07-06-2005, 11:08 AM
This one is pretty funny.

Breakfast From Hell (http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0744/)

"I pressed one of the home fries' middles with my finger, which led to it oozing out some kind of clear creme in a most grisly fashion. It couldn't have just been water, because water never stained my kitchen countertop before. Little did I know -- the worst was yet to come. Compared to some of the other foodstuffs I was about to peel off this unholy tray, the potatoes seem like vitamins. Semen-dipped vitamins."

"Makes you wonder if Swanson's assembly line includes a few specially trained apes who run around the belt sh*tting in the trays at timed intervals. And tear down my theory all you want - ape sh*t probably isn't any more disgusting to eat than whatever these sausages are composed of. I think it's safe to say that we're not getting any of the more choice cuts with these.''

Unholy
07-06-2005, 11:14 AM
I hope anyone eating that goes into cardiac arrest.

bIgHwN86
07-06-2005, 12:16 PM
don't worry they will.....in a few years

CarlP
07-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Apparently I'm not an average 180 lb. male. If I eat less than 3500ish, I lose weight. I'd shrivel up and die eating 2100 calories per day.

Unholy
07-06-2005, 12:22 PM
lol good for you :D

Ryder
07-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Apparently I'm not an average 180 lb. male. If I eat less than 3500ish, I lose weight. I'd shrivel up and die eating 2100 calories per day.

Doesnt that bother you?

g00dnick
07-06-2005, 02:50 PM
McDonald's Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese 770 47g (20g) 39g 46g 1,440mg

I used to love those...:(

and to think...I used to eat fast food about 6 times a week...sometimes more...

BG5150
07-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Holy crap! Did you see that Swanson thing? I think anyone who eats even one of those things should pay double insurance premiums for the rest of their life!

body
07-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Doesnt that bother you?

why should it?

body
07-06-2005, 04:27 PM
they have not got enough protien in for my liking.

The article is a little biased as well.
My 1st problem with the site is. the recommend calorie intake is for sedentary people.
Yet ideally you want to advise people to exercise then give a idea of how much they need to eat.

HobbsE46
07-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Fast food used to be my diet. All day everyday:(

ryuage
07-08-2005, 11:24 AM
ill be sure to hit up each of those today for you

BG5150
07-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Fast food used to be my diet. All day everyday:(

Maybe you could sue them and get your gym membership paid for. Say becasue you ate the food every day, you had to join a gym to get healthy again. ;)

MorrisGreen
07-10-2005, 08:16 PM
I'll eat fast food about once every two weeks but I alway make myself throw up about an hour later. I know waste of money but I feel guilty after eating the stuff. I feel like I'm cheating my body.

poopoozilla
07-10-2005, 08:18 PM
I live in San Diego, CA and being so close to Mexico there's an obvious cultural blending. My point, Carne Asada Fries. Man, I used to eat a lot of that when I was younger. It's good as hell but as informed as I am right now about diet and nutrition i'd be afraid to find out what the nutritional information is. But damn, my mouth is watering now.

Built
07-10-2005, 08:18 PM
I'll eat fast food about once every two weeks but I alway make myself throw up about an hour later.

PLEASE tell me you're kidding.

Ewwwwwwwww...

pinky8713
07-10-2005, 08:26 PM
I'll eat fast food about once every two weeks but I alway make myself throw up about an hour later. I know waste of money but I feel guilty after eating the stuff. I feel like I'm cheating my body.

Ya know, you could always try not eating it in the first place..

Unholy
07-10-2005, 08:39 PM
yeah sounds like a much better idea? But bulimia is so damn cool

MorrisGreen
07-10-2005, 08:52 PM
It don't do it all the time, just once in a while. I feel guilty eating that junk but sometimes I slip up. I used to be over 260 pounds.

TheLongestMile
07-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Have you thought about consulting a psychiatrist, Morris? That certainly isn't healthy.

MorrisGreen
07-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Well at least I'm natural, I don't see anybody flaming the steroid users and that stuff can't be good for your health.

Built
07-10-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm natural too. And I used to be fat. Still, I don't PUKE to control my weight.

MorrisGreen
07-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Built, do you go and flame the steroid users for being honest?

TheLongestMile
07-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Well at least I'm natural, I don't see anybody flaming the steroid users and that stuff can't be good for your health.

I'm not flaming you. I actually think that it took a lot of guts for you to say that. If anything, I would like to help you help yourself, if I can that is.

Built
07-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Built, do you go and flame the steroid users for being honest?

Did that come off as a flame? I wanted to assert that, even natural, you don't have to puke what you eat to maintain your weight.

What you are doing is BEYOND "not healthy" - it's a mental illness. I'm sorry you feel guilty when you eat, and I'm sorry you feel compelled to puke when you do.

It must be dreadful to feel guilt when you eat. Even though I've struggled with my weight, I've never experienced that, and I hope I never do. But just because you're "natural" doesn't mean this is okay. There are lots of natural things that aren't healthy. Bulemia is one of 'em.

Pasha
07-10-2005, 09:26 PM
I've felt guilt when I've eaten and I'm not over weight. It's just I've never puked it out before, I've thought about it. Like after a workout, and then some cardio we'll go out to lets say Cheesecake factory, and I'm like **** I shouldn't have eaten that.

Tarquin
07-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Bulimia's a really bad cheat strategy I find - you really have to watch what you eat more than when you're on a diet. For example, high fibre food are BAD NEWS - trying to hawk up a loaf of bread's like birthing a hippo, an experience I NEVER WANT TO HAVE!!!

Stick to light food - ice-cream, chocolate etc. No fruit, and NO fibre. Drink plenty of water to ease the process and always rinse your mouth out with toothpaste to neutralise the acid or your teeth will be worn down to stubs. After a while you'll be able to hurl the motherload first go (and as a bonus, your gag reflex will be non-existant - good news for the boys ;)).

I hope I've set you on the right path - bulimia is nasty!

NotQuiteRipped
07-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the tips!

How long do you wait to hurl everything? I have to do it exactly 43 minutes after I eat. I've got severe OCD, that's the reason for the odd number.

Unholy
07-10-2005, 09:49 PM

Actually Use is not bad for you, abuse is, and thats with pretty much everything.

TheLongestMile
07-10-2005, 09:58 PM
You two are actually advocating bulimia?

Unholy
07-10-2005, 10:01 PM
wow, people these days ROFL

TheLongestMile
07-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Society just frowns on what it doesn't understand.

That is a ridiculous justification for something that can have long-term effects to your good health. Did you know that bulimia actually changes your body chemistry and causes short-term memory loss?

TheLongestMile
07-10-2005, 10:26 PM
The short term memory loss is probably a result of malnutrition, not bulimia itself.

Who are you trying to kid? Bulimia is an eating disorder which often leads to malnutrition. For you to compartmentalise the two is nothing but a feeble attempt at justifying something which is obviously unhealthy.

Built
07-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Bulimia is healthy if you do it sensibly. Healthier than dieting anyway - no sneak cookies or lowered metabolism and NO guilty feelings.

I don't sneak cookies, I don't have guilty feelings about food, and I make sure to incorporate regular refeeds and heavy lifting into my strategy (to protect my metabolism).

How, exactly, is bulemia healthier than this?

smalls
07-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Where are the mods to delete this bull****. This is a ****ing bodybuilding/weightlifting website. There are plenty of anorexia and bulimia sites out their for you weak willed and frail individuals. Please find them and spread or disease elsewhere.

TheLongestMile
07-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Where are the mods to delete this bull****. This is a ****ing bodybuilding/weightlifting website. There are plenty of anorexia and bulimia sites out their for you weak willed and frail individuals. Please find them and spread or disease elsewhere.

Woah! No need to fly into a 'roid-rage, smalls.

Built
07-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Bulimia's healthier mentally - nothing beats the feeling of wolfing down 20 "calorie free" Krusty Kremes ;)

Good thing they're soft and require no chewing. All that vomiting is REALLY hard on the teeth.

Unholy
07-10-2005, 11:05 PM
and you wouldnt want to burn calories chewing, I mean your gonna throw it up anyway.

ReelBigFish
07-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey guys, Tarquin and Ripped. You guys need to seek some help, whethere it be from a physician or a physciatrist. I too have suffered from an ED. I suffered from anorexia, not by obsessing about calories, but by fear of regaining weight and I starved myself. I too used to throw up after eating certain things from feeling guilty. It's not cool and you need some help.

Praetorian
07-11-2005, 12:29 AM

couldnt agree more bro.

man, can't you bullimic people go and find some bullimic website where they promote that crap!!?? it's simply r*tarded to advocate bullemi as a 'good' thing..

YungLifter
07-11-2005, 05:08 AM
Even though you throw it up doesnt like 10% of it stil stay in your body?