PDA

View Full Version : High Metabolism - Affect Diet?

ANDS
07-06-2005, 09:52 AM
I eat - and after I eat, I get hungry again VERY SOON after I'm finished.

The only way I dont get hungry after I eat is if I have a hearty meal - high in fat and salts usually (like before I started working out I had a dinner of corned beef, greens and potatoes - butter and salt added on very filling. . .though I was a bit hungry an hour later) -

Now in all honesty I dont know about Calories (beyond them being unit of energy - god bless High School Physics) - or Metabolism or anything like that but just wondering if a persons - meta factors into diet and how so - this way I can know how to approach what I eat.

Unholy
07-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Yes, ditch salt and butter buddy, eat more solid foods like chicken tuna etc, My little brother eats 5000-6000 calories a day to bulk. You need to eat more. Post up your daily diet so we can have a look at it. There is a great deal of info on here and other sites about metabolism calories and the whole chemistry of it. I suggest you read up some, post your diet and we can further help you.

Geeper
07-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Eat more protein and non-white, non-stratchy carbs and I think you'll feel fuller more... BUT you really should be tracking your calories to some degree... try fitday.com, it's free and a lot of people around here use it.

Posting your diet would be a good start

ANDS
07-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Ok -

Yesterday I had:

Jamba Juice (no boost) in the morning.

A ham sandwhich on croissant (lettuce, tomatoes, sprouts, mustard)

Jambalya for lunch (from the Hospital down the street - no butter on it, low salt since it came from hospital - chicken and i think 4 slices of kilbasa)

Another Jamba (protein boost) for dinner and six fried wontons -

Then I exercised for an hour - no cheating.

I was mildly hungry when I went to sleep but drank alot of water - that seemed to help.

EDIT: Checked out this fitday - theres nothing in the search engine for Jamba - o_0 - cause I ahd one this morning.

EDIT #2: Where would jumping jacks, push-ups, etc. go under on the ACTIVITY page?

ryuage
07-06-2005, 10:12 AM
maybe jambajuice.com will be more of help? i dunno but thats where I would check just a thought.... not to mention the fact that they post there nutritional facts all over the place in the store itself might serve some purpose.

Unholy
07-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Talk about hungry, those are not real meals, you need some baked potatoes, steak, chicken, tuna, cottage cheese, pasta, fish, etc, Some people here can eat all of that for breakfast.

ANDS
07-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Yea I thought of that right after I posted it - the Sixteen which I get is 260 - so 520 from Jamba yesterday. Ill figure out the others.

ANDS
07-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Talk about hungry, those are not real meals, you need some baked potatoes, steak, chicken, tuna, cottage cheese, pasta, fish, etc, Some people here can eat all of that for breakfast.

It might also be that honestly I dont have time for lunch or breakfast and by the time I get home (after school) its like 8 or 9 and seriously - who wants to cook then.

As for cheese - lactose. I can handle milk - but everything else. . .nope.

Hey thats pretty cool - you can add custom foods.

pfc3rex
07-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Get some protein powder (if the jamba juice or whatever it is) but you need more wholesome foods, so far your diet is pretty crappy.

Built
07-06-2005, 11:40 AM
I find protein and fat meals satisfying, but anything with carbs in it stimulates hunger.

Salt is fine, by the way. It may even be anabolic: http://chemo.net/sodium-.htm

So is butter and other saturated animal fats, in small amounts: http://www.muscletech.com/NUTRITION/HIGH_PERFORMANCE_NUTRITION/ISSUE_1/index.shtml

ANDS
07-06-2005, 12:29 PM
I find protein and fat meals satisfying, but anything with carbs in it stimulates hunger.

Salt is fine, by the way. It may even be anabolic: http://chemo.net/sodium-.htm

So is butter and other saturated animal fats, in small amounts: http://www.muscletech.com/NUTRITION/HIGH_PERFORMANCE_NUTRITION/ISSUE_1/index.shtml

Thats good - I dont think I could eat most vegetables and other good stuff without some salt/butter (raised on Southern Cooking) -

As for my diet being crappy - I'm aware of this. . .is why I'm asking questions. . . :windup:

I'd see a nutritionist or what not - just dont have the time to take care of that. . .

Built
07-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Last time I saw a nutritionist she had me on 65g protein a day.

Bleah.

Unholy
07-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Yeah look at nutritional information on food, recomended raildy protein is far to low, even for the average joe

Shao-LiN
07-06-2005, 05:40 PM
It might also be that honestly I dont have time for lunch or breakfast and by the time I get home (after school) its like 8 or 9 and seriously - who wants to cook then.

As for cheese - lactose. I can handle milk - but everything else. . .nope.

Hey thats pretty cool - you can add custom foods.

All excuses that you can easily find alternatives for.