PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Calories

poopoozilla
07-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Ok, so I'm a novice bodybuilder. I know my way around the gym, I've got proper form, and I know that diet is one of the key's for success. I get it. So, I start to eat right and take my training more seriously. I find this website while I'm researching all things and everything about bodybuilding. I join this group and find that everybody here has just about smashed, debunked, and enlightened me about everything I knew about bodybuilding. You guys are great. But, can anybody just tell me what maintenance calories are? How and where may I calculate? How much should I be eating if I want to get bigger? If I want to get ripped? I could just as simply Google maintenance calories but I figured it'd be better to hear it from people who really know their ****.

thanks

getfit
07-06-2005, 06:38 PM
what a bodybuilder eats! sticky we have! -diet /nutrition forum!

fixationdarknes
07-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Here's the link to it: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

Unholy
07-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Also use www.fitday.com to track your progress.

Built
07-06-2005, 07:36 PM
To find YOUR maintenance calories, the best way is to track your food for a few days on www.fitday.com

The calculators will give you estimates, but they are just that, estimates. They could be out by a little or a lot.

Welcome, and good luck!

zimbo
07-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Only you can determine what your own body's maintenance level is. I'd recommend a calorie-tracker site like FitDay.com.

Oops. I've been scooped.

--Steve

Built
07-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Steve, you are clearly a man of great intelligence. :D