PDA

View Full Version : trouble sleeping...

D Breyer
07-07-2005, 04:53 PM
hello everybody,
for about the past 1-2 months (oddly right when summer started) i've been having a really hard time falling asleep... sometimes i'll lay awake for upwards of 3 hours before i can fall asleep. Also, i wake up EXTREMELY tired...

When I lift i take ABB Speed Stack (250MG Caffeine), and i lift at ~11AM... before i had trouble sleeping i was taking speed stack, but i don't think thats the source of my problem because i've tried not taking any caffeine for about a week, and i still had the trouble.

do any of you use any aids to get to sleep? what should i do? what do you do?

thanks for your help

getfit
07-07-2005, 05:04 PM
if i have a hard time sleeping i'll drink some hot milk with honey it helps a little

D Breyer
07-07-2005, 05:06 PM
milk mixed with honey? or milk and honey separate?

getfit
07-07-2005, 05:09 PM
together- milk and honey

D Breyer
07-07-2005, 07:07 PM
i'll have to try that

Chizniz16
07-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Melatonin tabs.

D Breyer
07-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Melatonin tabs.
i've heard of these before... it like.. helps your body know when you're tired or something.. do you think GNC has them? i'm going to check next time im there.

Chizniz16
07-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Well I know the Vitamin World has them for sure. I would think GNC would also.

D Breyer
07-07-2005, 07:34 PM
I wish there was a vitamin world next to me...

Chizniz16
07-07-2005, 07:36 PM
You can alwayz buy them online too. You get about 50 tabs for $3.00. They work really well but at the same time they dont over power you.

TOBART
07-07-2005, 07:44 PM
You can buy melatonin just about everywhere now. I tried it a few weeks ago for the first time because I was having problems with sleeping. I have never gotten such a bad sleep!!

It make me tired right away. I was sleeping but fully alert, it was horrible. I think I finally made it into a deep sleep by 6am and woke up at 8am.

Give it a try though, I might have just reacted to it differently.

Chizniz16
07-07-2005, 07:53 PM
You must have been thinking about it too much then or had something else on your mind. If you are going to take it make sure you are getting at least 7 hours of sleep. Take it about a half hour before your desired bed time, and try sleeping like normal. This is no special pill, you have melatonin in your body already but for some people their levels are lower. Just act normal and before you know it you will fall asleep.

D Breyer
07-07-2005, 10:44 PM
:withstupi

Unreal
07-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Walmart, Kmart, Target, Grocery store, walgreens all sell melatonin.

_8_Ball
07-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Any pharmacy has it...

Unholy
07-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Melatonin I just tried em a few days ago, and they do wonders, some warm milk with a shot of wiskey in it does the trick apparently

BG5150
07-08-2005, 10:45 AM
i've heard of these before... it like.. helps your body know when you're tired or something.. do you think GNC has them? i'm going to check next time im there.

Ahh! Don't get them at GNC! Some of the other stores mentioned above are good. There's also Puritain Pride. You can order wither on-line or on the phone (if you're skittish about ordering on the 'net). I think they are having a 3-for-1 sale right now.

stallion
07-08-2005, 02:44 PM
It's probably totally off....buuuuuuuuut.....

Maybe you're hot? (temperature-wise).

I can't fall asleep on hot/humid nights unless the air conditioner is on full blast OR I take an ice-cold shower right before bed.

Hope this helps :)

D Breyer
07-08-2005, 03:31 PM
i think that might have a lot to do with it.. every night i've had trouble sleeping its been pretty humid/hot out... im going to try and get some air circulation through the room, and maybe like you said, take a cold shower before bed

Chizniz16
07-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Thats a great idea, or maybe Air conditioning. It will be 90-95 degrees this weekend in central Minnesota Capn!

Patz
07-09-2005, 12:36 PM
It also takes some time to actually regulate sleep patterns after coming off of regular caffiene, that is, if you have trouble sleeping as a result of caffiene. It may not hurt you to give it another week or so, so you don't feel the need to take something to help you do the most basic and natural thing there is...sleep.

Warm milk helps too, though. It produces the same effect of tryptophan, like eating turkey, if I remember correctly. It always helped me sleep, even though I just drank it to drink it...mmmmmm..with some sugar!

D Breyer
07-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Thats a great idea, or maybe Air conditioning. It will be 90-95 degrees this weekend in central Minnesota Capn!
yea, its so frickin hott right now... yesterday like 95 today 92 with a heat index of 100...

i put a fan in my room its helping a ton... i slept really great last night.

twm
07-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Melatonin helps me out. I just took one not 10 minutes ago. If I have had a rough weekend and my sleep schedule is skewed, I will drink a glass or two of some wine. That gets me girl drunk.. and it's pretty easy to sleep from there.

Tarquin
07-10-2005, 09:22 PM
I used to have that problem too, but a really good cure I found is cough medicine - the drowsy kind. Half a bottle of that and you're out cold :)

TOBART
07-10-2005, 09:39 PM
I used to have that problem too, but a really good cure I found is cough medicine - the drowsy kind. Half a bottle of that and you're out cold :)

Yeah, that will work. I used that to get to sleep during finals last semester. The main problem is, once you stop using it, you get insomnia.

TheLongestMile
07-10-2005, 10:10 PM
one word, three letters ... S - E - X

Nature has an answer for everything.

Sidior
07-11-2005, 06:37 AM
could it possibly be your just less active now that summer hit for you (presuming your in school)....I used to have the problem when i would have a lazy sunday even, usually I would be at work or school all day and ready for bed, but when im less active it takes ages for me to go to bed....just an idea

sorry if its phrased crappily, I just woke up and im still groggy

Sensei
07-11-2005, 07:07 AM
hello everybody,
for about the past 1-2 months (oddly right when summer started) i've been having a really hard time falling asleep... sometimes i'll lay awake for upwards of 3 hours before i can fall asleep. Also, i wake up EXTREMELY tired...

When I lift i take ABB Speed Stack (250MG Caffeine), and i lift at ~11AM... before i had trouble sleeping i was taking speed stack, but i don't think thats the source of my problem because i've tried not taking any caffeine for about a week, and i still had the trouble.

do any of you use any aids to get to sleep? what should i do? what do you do?

thanks for your help

What time do you get up? Do you take naps? Do you work?

My guess is that you probably watch TV and do internet at night. If you're having trouble getting to sleep, you don't want to be watching tv and doing internet because they will stimulate the brain - they make you tired, but not sleepy-tired. Stop watching TV and using the computer 2 hours before the time you go to bed and I can almost guarantee that it will make a difference.

Also, stop thinking when you are trying to sleep. Try to clear your mind instead of making plans or thinking about what you have to do or should have done....