PDA

View Full Version : Low Carbs... a must?

pastdoubt
12-12-2001, 10:28 PM
Everyone seems to be using very low carb diets to cut up. Is this really the best way? Could you not even have carb intake HIGHER than protein, assuming that you got enough protein for your body weight, and there was still a calorie deficit?

YatesNightBlade
12-13-2001, 02:37 AM
Depends on how much cardio your doing. I know a pro that keeps his calories high, but does a ton of cardio 2 x a day. He always come in shredded.

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-13-2001, 05:17 AM
actually, low carbs aren't necessarily a must.

Funnily enough, just yesterday i found a really really old thread in the archives that you may find useful to read.

it hurts the brain a bit but it's worth it:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=109&highlight=biological+value

enjoy.

Wizard
12-15-2001, 02:02 PM
Low carbs.. a myth.

Tryska
12-15-2001, 02:06 PM
i strongly disagree with the idea that it's a myth.

however, i will say that low carb doesn't work for everybody, nor does high carb, nor does keto, nor does isocaloric.

Marcel
12-15-2001, 02:12 PM
Chicken Daddy - I read the thread and it's very interesting. Chris Mason is :cool:

Wizard
12-15-2001, 02:22 PM
Actually it's easier to make a person stick to a moderate-high carb diet than make it stick to a high fat diet which is better for more experienced persons and especially bodybuilders.(I'm talking about keto diets,not high protein)

Orange357
12-15-2001, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
actually, low carbs aren't necessarily a must.

Funnily enough, just yesterday i found a really really old thread in the archives that you may find useful to read.

it hurts the brain a bit but it's worth it:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=109&highlight=biological+value

enjoy.

ohh boy..*downs an asprin bottle*

Sinep
12-16-2001, 01:13 PM
IMO, low carb or high carb... doesn't matter as long as you spend more calories at the end that you're taking. When cutting I usually go very low calories, so I take out all the fat possible (1g of fat is 9cal compared to pro and carb which are 4cals). It also depends what kind of diet you're doing, if doing a keto diet then stay away from carbs (dah), else I would put it on second priority after protein.