PDA

View Full Version : Incomplete proteins

METALASIAN
07-08-2005, 09:22 AM
I did a search on this and didn't find anything conclusive or that I can understand. Basically the question is: do incomplete proteins count towards your daily total of protein? I've heard both "yes" and "no"... "yes" being that the already complete proteins end up making the incomplete proteins complete. So I want to clarify this...

Unholy
07-08-2005, 09:23 AM
What do you mean by incomplete proteins.

METALASIAN
07-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Bread, nuts, beans, etc.

Unholy
07-08-2005, 09:43 AM
protein is still protein, add er in.

Shao-LiN
07-08-2005, 05:54 PM
While I wouldn't go using bread, nuts and beans as a source of protein, the protein that you do get from them still counts. It goes into your body after all and is still digested, it won't magically disappear. As long as your protein sources are varied through the day, you don't need to worry about incomplete proteins.

METALASIAN
07-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Thanks Shao Lin. No they aren't a large part of my protein regiment but I was just wondering if I should count them in the end or not. Thanks for info.

bradley
07-09-2005, 05:31 AM
There really is no such thing as incomplete and complete proteins as most all proteins do contain all of the essential AAs, but some proteins are limited by their content of certain AAs. This is the where the term limiting AA comes from. If you are consuming a variety of proteins this should not be an issue, and therefore if you want an accurate measure of your protein intake you should count all the protein that you consume, including proteins from vegetables, grains, etc.

Vapour Trails
07-10-2005, 07:58 PM
There really is no such thing as incomplete and complete proteins as most all proteins do contain all of the essential AAs, but some proteins are limited by their content of certain AAs. This is the where the term limiting AA comes from. If you are consuming a variety of proteins this should not be an issue, and therefore if you want an accurate measure of your protein intake you should count all the protein that you consume, including proteins from vegetables, grains, etc.

Thank you, someone finally gets it. Incomplete proteins is a really old idea.

Holto
07-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Vapour Trails:

Bradley was telling us this for years before you got here

Vapour Trails
07-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Vapour Trails:

Bradley was telling us this for years before you got here

He's still the only person here that has got it right so far.

And...so what?

body
07-13-2005, 03:07 AM

?

we get it.

the old one of beans on toast. you get a complete protein profile now. even if not eaten at same time.

though most of us here are consuming 200 grams plus of protein a day, so we will be fine.

Holto
07-13-2005, 09:50 AM

And...so what?

Really...

The arrogance of this statement is phenomenal

Have you read everything thats been posted on this board over the near decade it has been here ?

Your thinking here is extremely egocentric

How can you in your ivory tower annoint Bradley as the first person to *get* something if you are a new member ?

We have had many people here over the years that know that incomplete proteins are a myth

I have posted this several times so has Body

You're just a pompous goof among on a board where people are trying to help each other and your smug attitude is sad

It's good to correct people when you can, in fact it increases the value of the info here but you are just a total jerk about it

Statements like: "Where do you get your info from ?" , just have no place here

If you have something to contribute good if not, just shut up

I shudder to think about what your self-esteem is like

getfit
07-13-2005, 10:03 AM
people let's try not to name bash each other ok!