PDA

View Full Version : Metabolic Foods?

phatboi
07-11-2005, 04:17 AM
Does anybody know of food supplementation that can increase your metabolic rate dramattically,
I hate cardio, and find sticking to a "six meals a day" thing very annoying.
I read somewhere that ginger can increase the rate quite well, can anybody confirm this?

Thanks

Geeper
07-11-2005, 05:19 AM
The amount ginger, pepper or green tea could possibly increase your metabolism is so minutely small compared to cardio or building muscle that it's barely worth it unless you are doing the other things.

Anthony
07-11-2005, 05:23 AM
Here's a tip: the reason you're in the situation you're in (being a fatass) is because you're lazy. Change that and maybe you can change your body.

GimpFace
07-11-2005, 05:53 AM
Here's a tip: the reason you're in the situation you're in (being a fatass) is because you're lazy. Change that and maybe you can change your body.

LOL
Thanks for the sig Anthony!!

darius19
07-11-2005, 07:29 AM
If you hate cardio and hate/cant stick to eating 6 meals a day you wont lose weight. Simple as that...

phatboi
07-11-2005, 07:50 AM
wanna bet?

Holto
07-11-2005, 08:37 AM
I lost 83lbs while eating 4 meals a day and not being medically able to exercise

The key for me with a slow metabolism was to eat super clean foods

Chicken and salad for lunch was a staple

6 meals will not accelerate your metabolism, this is nothing more than a common myth and we have no proof to support it

Geeper
07-11-2005, 09:56 AM

I'm glad someone else said this cause it was exactly what I was thinking!!!

ddegroff
07-11-2005, 10:04 AM
wanna bet?
I would like to see you lose a good amount of weight by just "speeding" up your metabolism. Also cardio is good for you heart also not just losing fat. Stop looking for a magical cal burner and hit the gym hard and eat some good clean food.

Woodward
07-11-2005, 03:35 PM
If you hate cardio and hate/cant stick to eating 6 meals a day you wont lose weight. Simple as that... nice try.. I have lost 60 lbs. over 10 months time with absolutely no cardio.. A clean diet and weights.

darius19
07-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Yes except he doesnt want to lift weights or be on a clean diet...read what he said.

D Breyer
07-11-2005, 03:59 PM
dude just go on a two day juice fast, the pounds FLY off

http://www.celebrityproducts.com/Products/juice.asp

D Breyer
07-11-2005, 04:00 PM
http://www.celebrityproducts.com/Studies/default.htm

*snicker* you'd fit right in

ryuage
07-11-2005, 04:08 PM
dnp will work

Shao-LiN
07-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Does anybody know of food supplementation that can increase your metabolic rate dramattically,
I hate cardio, and find sticking to a "six meals a day" thing very annoying.
I read somewhere that ginger can increase the rate quite well, can anybody confirm this?

Thanks

No food will significantly increase your metabolic rate to the degree of actually exercising. Can you lose weight? Sure. Eat in a caloric deficit. But, not lifting will present a problem as you will be hard pressed to actually retain lean mass. Cardio isn't a necessity to lose weight, but it does help.

Eating 6 times a day is not a necessity, you can get by eating 3 meals a day, though I would not eat less than 3 meals a day.

In any event, my advice to you would be to stop being a lazy ass. I don't quite like cardio or eating frequently as well, but I make time to do both.

DoUgL@S
07-11-2005, 05:54 PM
dnp will work

so will small amounts of arsenic.

If you want a magic pill that will burn of the fat, build muscle and make you more attractive your out of luck. If you want advise on how to get your act together, eat well and exercise efficiently, welcome to WBB.

-DM

phatboi
07-27-2005, 12:02 PM
woah id forgot bout this thread, im not a lazy ass, i lift weight 5 out of 7 days a week, ive got a small amount of fat on my abs, i dont recall saying i was a lard ass, i just dont like running, biking etc. so i do hit the gym hard, and am cleaning up my diet pretty rapidly, so i thinks im well on track, i dont beleive in the whole 6 meals a day thing.

Shao-LiN
07-27-2005, 06:26 PM
woah id forgot bout this thread, im not a lazy ass, i lift weight 5 out of 7 days a week, ive got a small amount of fat on my abs, i dont recall saying i was a lard ass, i just dont like running, biking etc. so i do hit the gym hard, and am cleaning up my diet pretty rapidly, so i thinks im well on track, i dont beleive in the whole 6 meals a day thing.

You just gave that impression when you mentioned you hated cardio and wanted foods to significantly raise your metabolism. 6 meals a day is not a requirement, though it does tend to help stave off hunger as you're eating more frequently.

As long as you're making progress, I'd stick to what works (assuming you aren't doing something totally stupid).