PDA

View Full Version : trying to iron out my diet, how does this look?

teege
07-11-2005, 12:42 PM
keep in mind:
I'm 20, 5'7.5'', 150 lb, and trying to bulk. I have an athletic background, but for now I'm lifting 3x/week, and running 3x/week.

I got suggestions from you guys before, so here is what I eat.

Here's my fitday (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=tdj3)

I am worried actually that I am eating too much (although trying to compensate for running). 3000 cals has been typical as of late...im always hungry, and my fitday says I need ~3k to maintain. is 3k OK?

Go back 1 or more days to see a typical day...

Thanks!
Todd

monotone
07-11-2005, 01:05 PM
how big are you.... with all the exercise you are getting you very well may need to eat more than 3K

teege
07-11-2005, 01:35 PM
right, oops.

I'm 5'7'' or so, 150 lbs

stoni9
07-12-2005, 10:05 AM
doenst look too bad....3k is good, maybe a few more if ur really bulking

Hatred
07-12-2005, 10:11 AM
If you want to do a slow clean bulk 2250 is a good starting point.
At 19xx you are eating at maintenance for most people.

Manveet
07-12-2005, 01:23 PM
keep in mind:
I'm 20, 5'7.5'', 150 lb, and trying to bulk. I have an athletic background, but for now I'm lifting 3x/week, and running 3x/week.

I got suggestions from you guys before, so here is what I eat.

Here's my fitday (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=tdj3)

I am worried actually that I am eating too much (although trying to compensate for running). 3000 cals has been typical as of late...im always hungry, and my fitday says I need ~3k to maintain. is 3k OK?

Go back 1 or more days to see a typical day...

Thanks!
Todd

How come is states on your fitday account that you only ate ~2000 cals yesterday?

Tony G
07-12-2005, 01:32 PM
When you say "running 3x per week".......what exactly constitutes as running? How far/long?

And as far as calories is concerned; you will have to gauge as you go. If the scale isn't going up, I would say increase kcals by 250 per day for a week and re-evaluate. If you feel that the weight gain is not the kind of weight you want, back off a little. It will take some experimentation on your part. However, I will say that in order to gain weight, you definitely have to push the envelope my man. At your activity level, I would say that 3000 kcals MIGHT be a little too low, but then again, like I said, you will have to evaluate as you go.