PDA

View Full Version : CAN you guys please tell me what I should do next?

latinlord
07-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Hey I just started lifting about 3 months ago. My weight has fluctuated I started at 175 (first picture) then up to 180, gained muscle and now i'm back to around 175 although I feeel I am more cut and have gotten a lot stronger. I want to know if i'm on the right path. I know it takes time, but I just would like a little guidence. I have lost a good amount of fat and gained muscle. I'm not sure if what i'm doing is good enough or not. I was wondering if you guys can first tell me if you notice any improvment and what you think i should be doing? Should I cut more or keep lifting. I usually lift every other day or so a different body part each time. Usually Chest and biceps one day then Triceps and Back next then shoulders and abs inbetween. Should I try to eat more or less?? What do you think? Right now i'm using Creatine a little before I lift and then 10g or so after and Protein shakes 70 grams after I lift. Also some days I use cutting pills called Lipovarin (have anyof you used or heard of that pill??) Thanks all for your imput.

The first pictures is of me 2 1/2 months ago. The rest are of me from today. Let me know if I'm on the right track for someone who has basically just started. Thanks again for all of your imput, this website has really helped me a lot.

FighterInSnatch
07-13-2005, 12:08 AM
You def. have some muscle underneath. They are all going to tell you to cut. Maybe not concentrate on lifting so much, alot more cardio. But cardio is almost useless without a good clean diet.

Built
07-13-2005, 12:22 AM
You def. have some muscle underneath. They are all going to tell you to cut. Maybe not concentrate on lifting so much, alot more cardio.

Ooooh - no, that's not how cutting works. Sorry, Fighter. I know you meant well.

For cutting, THE MOST important things you can do are:

a) diet effectively
and
b) lift HEAVY.

Many people cut effectively with NO cardio AT ALL. But nobody cuts effectively without a) and b).

Cardio during a cut basically just means you get to eat slightly more while maintanining a sufficient caloric deficit to drop weight. The heavy lifting helps force your body to lose more fat than muscle. Without the heavy lifting, diet and cardio will help you drop WEIGHT, but substantially more of it will be muscle. Not what you want.

But cardio is almost useless without a good clean diet.

This, on the other hand, is exactly correct. You can NOT cardio off a sh!tty diet.

MM
07-13-2005, 08:18 AM
Bling bling.

Cut.

Unholy
07-13-2005, 08:22 AM
Cut, scrap the cardio. You dont want ot be a cardio bunny right ?

Shark
07-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Cut to about 10%. Should take you some months but it will be worth it in the end.

zimbo
07-13-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm going to respectfully disagree with those who are telling you to scrap the cardio. In my own case, wanting to be big is only one of several physical health goals and you may be in the same boat for all I know. I believe that you can have excellent general fitness AND be big. In my opinion, weightlifting alone will NOT produce the level of all-around fitness that weightlifting PLUS cardio work (and by that I don't mean 15 minute stuff--I mean running/cycling/swimming/hiking an hour or more) would produce. Admittedly if your goal is to be Mr. Universe then cardio is going to work against you once you get to a certain size but there's a LOT of progress you can make size-wise before running, say, five miles is going to hinder things.

--Steve

muscle chic
07-13-2005, 10:24 AM
I'd say eat clean keep up your protein lift heavy and do cardio!!! Without the cardio you will gain muscle but probably not lose too much fat. Some people can do it without cardio but most can't and it's good for you anyway!! Good luck with your goals!! :)

FighterInSnatch
07-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Ooooh - no, that's not how cutting works. Sorry, Fighter. I know you meant well.

For cutting, THE MOST important things you can do are:

a) diet effectively
and
b) lift HEAVY.

Many people cut effectively with NO cardio AT ALL. But nobody cuts effectively without a) and b).

Cardio during a cut basically just means you get to eat slightly more while maintanining a sufficient caloric deficit to drop weight. The heavy lifting helps force your body to lose more fat than muscle. Without the heavy lifting, diet and cardio will help you drop WEIGHT, but substantially more of it will be muscle. Not what you want.

This, on the other hand, is exactly correct. You can NOT cardio off a sh!tty diet.

:cry: I thought cardio would help him burn more calories!?!?!

Unholy
07-13-2005, 11:03 AM
The deficit should be created by his diet, making the deficit to big will make you platue eventually. As well as loose muscle mass.

ryuage
07-13-2005, 11:22 AM
i rather eat more and do some cardio and also be cardiovascularly in shape as well as the other myriad of benefits it can offer. Sure dont cardio yourself to death, but moderate amounts should be implemented imo both bulking and cutting....

(here comes the oh but weight lifting is a cardio vascular workout)

D Breyer
07-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Bling bling.

Cut.
hahahahha

:withstupi

Wierz
07-13-2005, 11:42 AM
:withstupi

Cardio is as important to me as lifting is for it's long term benefits. Yeah, I want to be hyooge, but I don't want to be hyooge and get winded going up 3 or 4 flights of stairs. I agree that diet is the absolute first thing you should look at if you're wanting to lose weight.

And WTF is a cardio bunny and why is that bad?

zimbo
07-13-2005, 11:48 AM
I always thought a cardio bunny is a woman who wears a coordinated outfit, makeup, and heavy perfume to the gym to do about 15 minutes of light work on an elliptical machine. But I could be wrong.

--Steve

Unholy
07-13-2005, 11:55 AM
:withstupi ROFL

Wannabelean
07-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Cut!! I can definitely see the progress though man! You are on the right track