PDA

View Full Version : Hard Gainer/Weight without suppliments?

Sc00t
07-13-2005, 05:56 PM
For someone with a fast metabolism, thus a hard gainer, is it possible to have gains without taking any actual suppliments, but rather by eating high cals and high protein?

I took a break for exams and lost all my weight again, which sucked but I had to prioritise. So, yeah... Reply.

Cheers.
- Sc00t

getfit
07-13-2005, 05:57 PM
check out our sticky"what a bodybuilder eats"

TOBART
07-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Of course its possible, its just a lot harder. The day I'm capable of eating 5000+ calories of food is the day I'll stop buying weight gainers.

ryuage
07-13-2005, 06:12 PM
the day im not capable of eating 5000 calories ill start buying weight gainers

HahnB
07-13-2005, 06:30 PM
For someone with a fast metabolism, thus a hard gainer, is it possible to have gains without taking any actual suppliments, but rather by eating high cals and high protein?

I took a break for exams and lost all my weight again, which sucked but I had to prioritise. So, yeah... Reply.

Cheers.
- Sc00t

There's no point in training if you're going to quit every time something else in your life comes up. You have to learn how to manage your time correctly, there are people here with much busier lives than study for a few exams. Get some whey and make your own weight gainer.

Shao-LiN
07-13-2005, 06:42 PM

Cheers.
- Sc00t

Sorry it's not possible for you to gain weight by eating more. Supplements have existed since the beginning of time and it is the ONLY way you'll be able to gain any weight.

Sarcasm aside, of course. If you really think supplements have that big of an impact that you really NEED them to get any progress, you need to readjust your line of thinking.

Sc00t
07-14-2005, 08:12 AM
HahnB, the people who put training before exams aren't straight A college graduates like I am ;) I've not ever really QUIT, just had less time to go so i've gone from 3 weekdays to like, 1 weekday, which will obviously be no good but at least I'm still going.

Nonetheless, thanks for the advice thus far guys. I might try to eat his protein/high carbs and work with that and see how it goes before introducing suppliments if i feel i need them, they're just so ****ing expensive.

HahnB
07-14-2005, 08:40 AM
HahnB, the people who put training before exams aren't straight A college graduates

So far I am. Can you honestly tell me you're studying 24 hours a day, no sleep, no eating, no nothing? There is no way you can't find a hour to go to the gym. You can't tell me that because I'm a student as well. The president has time to workout, I think you can fit it in.

MM
07-14-2005, 08:54 AM
I train constantly, work 20+ hours a week while I'm in school, and have been on the Dean's list every semester. It can be done; doing it is the real prioritizing.

Sc00t
07-14-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm not saying it's impossible, but i go to college, get in and have 30 mins to go back out to work, i work till 10pm, then 2 weeknights i see my girlfriend for 3 hours a night (after i get in at 530pm) and yes, imma be making her come to the gym with me when i workout and tell her to f-off somewhere whilst i workout. Then of course there is my social life, friends and whatnot, plus I'm an avid writer, so I spend some time on that. I'm not syaing i CAN'T find time for it, i'm not saying i WON'T, because I have before, it's just the getting back into it, if you get me. Feels like a chore, or another "things to do list" item or something.

I'm not trying to make excuses, I WANT to work out, i WANT to get bigger, I WANT to be stronger, and the only way of doing that is by training hard, i know this too, heh.

Off topic; would you say classes such as martial arts classes are good for getting bigger, or are they going to be too cardiovascular?

Sensei
07-14-2005, 09:54 AM
There's no point in training if you're going to quit every time something else in your life comes up. You have to learn how to manage your time correctly, there are people here with much busier lives than study for a few exams. Get some whey and make your own weight gainer.

EXACTLY! Look, if you're going to take breaks everytime training becomes inconvenient or difficult, you can forget about consistent gains. I really hate it when people can't stick to a program for more than a few months and then call themselves a "hardgainer"... Sh*t, most people who train are "hardgainers"... It takes hard, smart, and consistent effort people!

MasterOfPuppets
07-14-2005, 10:31 AM
EXACTLY! Look, if you're going to take breaks everytime training becomes inconvenient or difficult, you can forget about consistent gains. I really hate it when people can't stick to a program for more than a few months and then call themselves a "hardgainer"... Sh*t, most people who train are "hardgainers"... It takes hard, smart, and consistent effort people!
Exactly. IN my mind, a "hardgainer" would be someone who is eating 5000 calories a day, busting their ass in the gym, and pushing themselves to their limits just to gain an OUNCE. I think people that call themselves "hardgainers" are bull****ting themselves into thinking they can't gain anything because they don't dedicate themselves enough. I understand that working and school and a girlfriend is hard to prioritize your time, but it's not IMPOSSIBLE to get (for example) three workout days a week.

MOP

Shao-LiN
07-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Off topic; would you say classes such as martial arts classes are good for getting bigger, or are they going to be too cardiovascular?

You lift weights in martial arts class? Martial arts is aerobic exercise, more or less. It doesn't involve much of any weight lifting (at least not the one I was a part of).

Unreal
07-14-2005, 06:38 PM
The excuse of being a student is crap. I'm a student taking tons of classes, and find time. Even during finals I stuck to my routine. If anything it helps to get a break from thinking and move to weight. Gets the blood flowing and then you can get back to the books.