PDA

View Full Version : Went to GNC

sharkall2003
07-15-2005, 12:02 PM
As the title says I went to GNC today to pick up some stuff. Well while I was there I was talking to the employee (Gene) and we were talking about how bad McDonalds is. Well when we started to talk he mentioned an experiment where they took some average people and asked them to have a super sized double quarter pounder with cheese and see what would happen to the blood in there body (remind you this is after one meal). Well when they checked to see what happened the results were astonishing. Once the food was being digested into the bloodstream the heart would have spasm because of how much saturated fat was entering the bloodstream at one time, which would in turn not allow the cardiovascular system to funtion properly. I was like damn, while I was eating my protein bar and buying creatine :french:

D Breyer
07-15-2005, 12:58 PM
if you're more ineterested in that subject... you should watch the movie Super Size Me

I watched it for the first time 2 months ago, and now i wont even drink mcdonalds water. it really does change you're view on fast food

Unholy
07-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Very biased movie, there was a thread about it a little while ago.

Paul Stagg
07-15-2005, 01:02 PM
I suggest you try to actually find that study and read it.

When you do, post a link.