PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha think??

ericg
12-14-2001, 08:43 AM
Goal is to lose body fat; Stats are like this: 207lbs, 5'9", around 25% BF (cant find those fukin calipers anywhere, cept online). Would like to lose about 30lbs that would put me at 177lbs 12% BF. I will get my workout in the training section by Monday!! and hopefully start another journal by then as well. This is what I have been eating for a month or so, I must admit I have not been monitoring my weight so I am not sure if the cals are where they need to be..let me know what you think...

M1 @ 7 am
Bowl of cereal w/1.5% milk - I NEED TO CHANGE THIS, SUGGESTIONS?? I was thinking eggs and oats.

M2 @ 9:30 am
.5 can tuna, .5 can peas, .25 cup oats, .25 cup sunflower seeds

M3 @ 12 pm
lots of lettuce, little carrots & red cabbage (the mix u buy in the bag at the supermarket), .5 can turkey spam, .25 cup oats - what are your thoughts of the turkey spam?? I need something quick to throw in my salad. Think i need to add in some more nuts here?

M4 @ 3 pm
same as M2

M5 @ 5:30 pm
momma's cooking, i pick out the good stuff, eat the veggies and protein source. sometimes it can be bad!! I am sure this needs to change. Might get a George Foreman grill and have some chicken with sweet potato??

M6 @ 8:30 - 9 pm
same as M3 but with tuna instead of the spam, and I add in some fat free - low sugar/carb dressing.

This is usually good for Mon-Fri and the first part of Sat; after that i just do what I want, not a lot of food, just not too healthy.

Post workout i usually have some protein powda and 1.5% milk. When I am on the go I may chew down a "pure protein" bar. Think this is cool??

Well I know I need to make some changes to get to my goal stated above, but believe me this is a start from waht i was eatin before. I know this is long but please share your thoughts

ElPietro
12-14-2001, 08:48 AM
Although I am only guestimating you may have a few too many calories if you are trying to lose weight at 207lbs.

There are better people than me to offer you diet tips but from my ignant opinion you will need to cut out a bit from this diet. I don't think turkey spam is all that great with the additives in it. You could just buy turkey slices from a delhi and eat them instead.

Tryska
12-14-2001, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by ericg
M1 @ 7 am
Bowl of cereal w/1.5% milk - I NEED TO CHANGE THIS, SUGGESTIONS?? I was thinking eggs and oats.

- watch the carbs and fats together. this combo can actually increase your chances of storing bodyfat. how about some protein and fat instead?

perhaps cottage cheese, with some flax? an omelette made with a combination of whole eggs, and egg whites? or you could have a big bowl of oats here. and some eggwhites, watch the fat.

M2 @ 9:30 am
.5 can tuna, .5 can peas, .25 cup oats, .25 cup sunflower seeds

-cut the sunflower seeds out.

M3 @ 12 pm
lots of lettuce, little carrots & red cabbage (the mix u buy in the bag at the supermarket), .5 can turkey spam, .25 cup oats - what are your thoughts of the turkey spam?? I need something quick to throw in my salad. Think i need to add in some more nuts here?

-i agree with elpietro....some turkey deli slices would actually be better then the spam here. skip the oats, add the nuts.

M4 @ 3 pm
same as M2

- choose between oats and seeds here.

M5 @ 5:30 pm
momma's cooking, i pick out the good stuff, eat the veggies and protein source. sometimes it can be bad!! I am sure this needs to change. Might get a George Foreman grill and have some chicken with sweet potato??

- that would work.

M6 @ 8:30 - 9 pm
same as M3 but with tuna instead of the spam, and I add in some fat free - low sugar/carb dressing.

- use a regular dressing instead. preferable one made with olive oil.

Post workout i usually have some protein powda and 1.5% milk. When I am on the go I may chew down a "pure protein" bar. Think this is cool??

- this is cool.

Well I know I need to make some changes to get to my goal stated above, but believe me this is a start from waht i was eatin before. I know this is long but please share your thoughts

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-14-2001, 10:09 AM
hey man, at the risk of sounding like a prick i'm gonna tell you to go back and actually work out the calories and macros.

Once you got them making adjustments will be a whole lot easier.

what kind of diet are you wanting to do anyway? carb rotation, keto, isocaloric?