PDA

View Full Version : Cutting diets..

underwearmodel
07-16-2005, 08:55 PM
I plan on cutting soon and figured I would get a headstart by finding out perhaps the basic principles of developing a good cut diet. Gimme some tips and meals to look at, and also I was thinking about taking a fat burning supplement like Thermorexin please provide your opinions and information.

getfit
07-16-2005, 08:58 PM
the diet/nutriton forum is full of good advice on cutting have a look!

start your cut first then think about your supplement!

Built
07-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Mine is in my sig if you're interested.

Unreal
07-16-2005, 10:16 PM
I would say a good cut diet is near the same as a good bulk diet, just less of it.

bradley
07-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Here are some general dieting guidelines that might be of some help:
1) 1 gram of protein per lb. of bodyweight

2) ~25% of daily calories should come from fat (remember to include some essential fatty acids)

3) Fill in the rest of daily calories with low glycemic index carbs.

4) Drink plenty of water throughout the day, and one gallon would be good starting point.

Listed below are some good sources of each macronutrient. This is just a small list and is by no means all inclusive.

protein sources: eggs, poultry, lean beef, dairy, fish

low GI carbs: oats, sweet potatoes, beans, whole wheat bread, vegetables, fruit

fats: nuts, natural peanut butter, oily fish (such as salmon), fish oil, flax oil, olive oil

To find out how many cals you should be eating each day I would slowly increase cals in small increments until you are gaining the desired amount of weight each week (approximately 1lb per week is a good number IMO). You can use www.fitday.com to help you track calories if you like. Here is an example of what I mean. Say you are eating 2000 cals and maintaining your weight then you would need to increase cals by a small amount (about 200-300). That would put you at 2300 cals for the week. Keep cals at this level for the week and then weigh yourself at the end of the week and see how much weight you have gained (if any). Repeat this process until you are gaining about .5-1 lb per week. I woud weigh myself at the same time each week to try and ensure the most accurate measurement.

As far as routines go you might want to check out one of the WBB routines on the main page. The following site has a list of exercise illustrations that might be helpful as well www.exrx.net

There is a lot of information in previous threads as well. Run some searches and you will find a lot of answers to your questions.

Built
07-17-2005, 12:42 PM
2) ~25% of daily calories should come from fat (remember to include some essential fatty acids)

I would amend this to say that at LEAST 25% of your cals should come from fats on a bulk. There is clinical evidence to support consuming at least 0.5g/lb LBM in fats daily to support endocrine function (test), at least in males.

For me, this means at least 60-65g of fat daily. In practice, I usually go higher, especially while cutting.

The biggest deal is appetite control. If you like your carbs and find them satisfying, knock yourself out.

But carbs can and often do make you hungry. Use them wisely - target them around your lifts, and fill up the rest of your calories with fat (and more protein if you desire) if you don't handle carbs well (ie if carbs make you too hungry) outside of your workout window.

korexite
08-24-2005, 04:42 PM
water intake is probably the most underated issue in weight loss.

suppresses appetite, improves metabolism and performance.

I reccomend at least a gallon per 120lbs of body weight