PDA

View Full Version : Help me out with a pic please!

One_Shot
07-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Hey people! I'm new to this board and pretty new to weight lifting as well (only been doing it for about a month and a half now. I'm a 24 year old male and 5'7 145lbs (ya I know TOO slim) with pretty decent definition.
The problem is that I'm not sure what my target goal should be in terms of body weight...I've browsed a lot of the member pics here however, it seems like everyone is either significantly taller (5'11 and up) or shorter than me (Antek's pictures really astounded me by the way!).
I was wondering if anyone has any pics of lifters that are 5'7 - 5'8 and and between 155 - 175lbs. I mean Antek looked rediculous for someone who was 5'11 and 165lbs however I've seen other pics of people that are roughly the same weight and height and they just don't look as large/muscular why???. Sorry if this is a pretty dumb request however, I am new and I just wanted a pic of something realistic that I can work towards. I should be posting a pic of me within the next 2 weeks...my webcam doesn't work and I don't have a digital cam yet.

Thanks guys and girls!

Built
07-17-2005, 01:26 AM
Not sure if this is even REMOTELY helpful, but I'm 5'8", and was 140 on the dot in the December pix (link in my sig).

One_Shot
07-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the link! You've definately come a long way! I should probably start keeping a journal of my progress as well. Right now I log my workouts however, I don't really pay a tremendous amount of attention to my weight...maybe because I'm not sure what exectly I have to look forward to.
Anyone else with a pic that could help me out please!!

rookiebldr
07-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Although I'm 5'7 and currently 185, I should be 170-175 if I was to actually cut properly and get below 10%. That said, Genetics will play a big role in where and how you develop as well as how much effort you place on each muscle group. Although I haven't ignored my legs, I haven't exactly put them first in priority and it shows. Arms I have always worked hard yet they have lacked the size I long for. I would recommend that you set you sights on 170-180 first, then once you see what you look like at that weight see if you want to go further.

You can find my pic below.
http://64.191.89.25/showthread.php?t=61498

Guido
07-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Here are some of me when I was 161.5 lbs. I'm 5' 8.5".

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=58793

One_Shot
07-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Thanks a lot guys. Rookiebldr - your back is looking good! I'm thinking, if I can keep my body fat pretty low (which has never been a problem for me) I will look decent at 165lbs. What I really need to do now is get my eating habits in check as far as not missing meals because that's been my biggest challenge so far. How the heck do you people manage that? Keep the pics coming if you can guys!

chris6969
07-18-2005, 07:16 PM
I was about 172 in this picture: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16821

though I'm 6' 0"

But most people look at me & think I'm 200+ lbs.

I'm about 175lb right now, but I think to be shredded like I want to be, I'd need to be 165lb which just seem down right skinny for my height.

One_Shot
07-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Nice pics Chris! After taking a look at your photo I think that at 165 I'll be looking good. I REALLY have to start eating properly though. Just went out and bought some weight gainer and I'm gonna be doing about 8 scoops a day (about 125 grams of protein and 2544 cal). Wish me luck!