PDA

View Full Version : "No Pain, No Gain"

Focused70
07-17-2005, 12:49 PM
The story of a bodybuilder who longs to be respected for his mind. Mike Zorillo, a small town Ohio champion bodybuilder with a genius IQ, journeys to the Mecca of bodybuilding, Los Angeles, determined to beat his nemesis, Jake Steel, with natural science instead of steroids. Far from home, he's confronted by a gym culture of freaks, juicers and Hollywood wannabes. As he pursues his dream, he's also persecuted by the world's largest sports nutrition company, an entity that's hell-bent on destroying him. Against all odds, the honest and driven bodybuilder resolves to win the prestigious "Mr. West Coast" competition as a way to prove himself and his ideas to the world.

I saw the trailer and cut it off about half way through.

I'd say the description above speaks volumes.

Click here (http://www.no-pain-no-gain.com/home/) to see the site and trailer. (Looks like it's an art-house movie and not a serious film.)

galileo
07-17-2005, 12:53 PM
I watched the trailer and it looks absolutely horrible.

Focused70
07-17-2005, 12:54 PM
he's confronted by a gym culture of freaks, juicers and Hollywood wannabes.

Where have we heard this phrase before? :angel:

Built
07-17-2005, 01:04 PM
My GOD that trailer was cheesy!

Mad Max
07-17-2005, 01:04 PM
F*ck me that looks terrible.
What exactly is the plot? I don't think body building can ever be the subject of a good film. Sure it's fine for those of us who do it to watch films like Pumping Iron, but objectively speaking nobody is ever going to want to watch a film about bodybuilders.

Manveet
07-17-2005, 02:59 PM
HOLY ****

That's was absolutely hilarious.

"**** YOU ZORILLO! YOU JUST MADE THIS PERSONAL!!!!" - best line in the movie

Nuts
07-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Did anyone else feel like they were watching the trailer for an after school special?

Based on my severely limited knowledge, even I could see a ton of inaccuracies in that trailer.

Nito
07-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Looks horrible, but I'll still probably see it.

RickTheDestroyer
07-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Ummm... I don't know what you guys (and gal) are talking about- this movie looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, is it just me or did those guys look way too fat to be considered in competition shape- not to mention you'd have a real tough time convincing me that ol' Mike Zorillo hasn't hit the juice.

My favorite quote was "You're my nemesis!"

I also thought that the theme song at the end was good too- maybe I can find that and put it on my iPod for when I work out.

RussianRocket
07-17-2005, 06:48 PM
afterthe movie is out, there will be even more steriotypes of bodybuilders than before. It also looks like it was made by first year college kids with some cash and a month to waste.

BG5150
07-17-2005, 08:50 PM
The theme song sounded like it came from one of the Van Damme 80's kickboxing flicks.

The funniest part was the bitch thowing the guy off the bench and in the last clip: "Who's your daddy!?"

And I think there may be a lesson learned for some of the noobs: The guys you see advertising the supps in Flex, etc...that's not the only thing they're taking...You think Ronnie Coleman is that big 'cause he takes CellMass?

Shao-LiN
07-17-2005, 09:04 PM
afterthe movie is out, there will be even more steriotypes of bodybuilders than before. It also looks like it was made by first year college kids with some cash and a month to waste.

Well, this movie is more of an independent flick which, in most cases, doesn't see much of an audience anyway.

BG5150
07-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Well, this movie is more of an independent flick which, in most cases, doesn't see much of an audience anyway.

Yeah, probably the New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Newsweek, Time and those other bastions of liberal journalistic integrity...all of a sudden there will be reports of bodybuilders like the bad guy in the film all vote Republican.

.maximum.
07-18-2005, 03:01 PM
My favorite quote was "You're my nemesis!"

DANG! Beat me to it!

Shao-LiN
07-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Yeah, probably the New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Newsweek, Time and those other bastions of liberal journalistic integrity...all of a sudden there will be reports of bodybuilders like the bad guy in the film all vote Republican.

How's that different from now, really? We already have various shows and news reports touting steroids as "the enemy". As far as a national audience goes, I doubt the general public would go out of their way to actually go see the movie.

monotone
07-18-2005, 05:32 PM
i will watch the movie as soon as i can for the same reason i watch movies like road-rage... and driven, and watch shows like walker texas ranger and macgyver. Watching people try to act that suck is a good past time. The movie will be sooo terrible it will be awesome.