PDA

View Full Version : Bulking...body fat issue

plumber20
07-17-2005, 10:45 PM
I been bulking for 5 months and seeing big muscle gains although ym body fat has gotten alot higher. my love handles r sticking out more n the fat on my stomahc is become more visible. Im eating right, gaining muscle but the fat is getting worse by the day..whats up ?

Sample meal

Today

Morning 5 eggs, bagel, orange juice, protein shake
Lunch Steak with mash patatoes and some jiuce
snack protein bar
dinner 2 tuna sandwhiches protein bar
dinner again few hours later : more steak with a protein shake

what am I doing wrong?

Built
07-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Your stats?

Macronutrient mix of your current diet?

Your maintenance calories?

Your workout routine?

b_sinning
07-18-2005, 07:59 AM
Are you doing any cardio? You have to do something to burn the fat your bring in. Yes cardio will slow your bulking but I'd rather add weight on slowly as lean muscle than fat that I have to diet back off later.

Unholy
07-18-2005, 09:08 AM
???

getfit
07-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Are you doing any cardio? You have to do something to burn the fat your bring in. Yes cardio will slow your bulking but I'd rather add weight on slowly as lean muscle than fat that I have to diet back off later.
if you keep your diet and training on track it all falls into place!

Unholy
07-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Yeah, no need for cardio. Cardio will just increase your caloric deficit or decrease the surplus. It wont actually burn fat.

Unreal
07-18-2005, 09:34 AM
But it does let you eat more which can be fun.

stoni9
07-18-2005, 12:56 PM
those are some big ass meals

bradley
07-18-2005, 04:26 PM
If you are gaining too much fat then cut calories back a bit. You should expect some fat gain but if you feel you are putting on bf too fast then just cut a few hundred calories.

Shao-LiN
07-18-2005, 05:04 PM

Depends on the type of cardio you do and the state your body is in when you do it. Just doing cardio isn't a so-called fat burner, more of a calorie burner.

Shao-LiN
07-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Anyway, fat gain is expected on a bulk. If you want to have minimum fat gain, you're going to have to keep your diet dialed in perfectly. That means adjusting it to the point where you are gaining weight comfortably, but slowly.

jAy_Dub
07-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Depends on the type of cardio you do and the state your body is in when you do it.
Are you saying that there are times you should do cardio, and times you shouldnt? What are the different states?

Unholy
07-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Yes

plumber20
07-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Im seein good results on my upper body, all the wieghts r goin up, liften more each time, putting on muscle but its just my stomach n waist just blew up, it looks nasty but my upper body looks real strong n fit. I do tons of ab exercises so I dont know
Im thinken about chaning m routine.
Now
Day : Shoudlers n abes
Day 2 : Biceps and back
Day 3: off
day 4 chest n tris n legs
day 5 off
day 6 repeat

I wanna change it to this

Day : Shoudlers n abes
Day 2 : Biceps and back
Day 3: off
day 4 chest n tris n legs
day 5 Shoulders n abes
Day 6 off

Go every two days wiht one day off,

Shao-LiN
07-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Doing tons of ab exercises won't reduce fat in the area. Gaining fat around your stomach and waist just happens to be where most tend to store fat first. If you're making lean gains, then that's great. If you're gaining more fat than you would like, then look at your diet and adjust it.