PDA

View Full Version : loose 3 pounds in 2 hours?

absynth
07-18-2005, 12:57 AM
So I'm trying to figure out something. I weight 170-something, and I'm about 5 10...not sure what my body fat is, but I can see a 4-pack when I flex so...13-15%? i donno. But in any case, that is more background than question, which leads me to the question....

I weighed myself on a scale and I was 174 pounds. I then went off, worked a while (by work I do mean did something useless) and then, when going back in the bathroom to shower, decided to weigh myself again. Much to my surprise, I was 171 pounds. I had not done anything active, about 2 hours had gone by, and I had only urinated once. What the heck happened? I don't understand how this is possible...does weight fluctuate like this usually?

-also, I used the same scale, so thats not the problem...

-Mike

thajeepster
07-18-2005, 01:14 AM
water weight changes alot throughout the day, urine is not the only escape route for water in the body. There's sweat also, and believe it or not, you lose alot of moisture just through your breath.... breathe into a plastic back for a min or two and see, over the span of a few hours, you can change like that... Did you have different clothes on?

Geeper
07-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Yeah, nothing to worry about, I go up and down between 5-7 lbs a day at different points.

Just weigh yourself at roughly the same time wearing roughly the same things. For example, the weight I record is my weight right before I workout with my t-shirt and track pants on.

CarlP
07-18-2005, 06:28 AM
I can lose 3 pounds in about 5 minutes. :p I wouldn't worry about it. Like they said, weigh yourself in the same condition, and the same scale. I record my weight every Monday morning when I wake up. I do weigh myself in between just for curiosity.

WBBIRL
07-18-2005, 11:19 AM
During HS every track practice my weight would go down 3 lbs and then back up as soon as a got a drink or two in me. Even though I was a thrower we did plenty of endurance work. Thats because our head track coach is also our head football coach (and the athletic director of our HS for that matter) who cares much more about football, so our track practices are basically football practice without pads.

Unholy
07-18-2005, 12:08 PM
I lost 9lbs over night from last sunday night-monday morning, about 8 hours or so. Its no big deal.

stoni9
07-18-2005, 01:08 PM
maybe you took ur shoes off....or a cellphone/keys out of ur pocket

maybe the wind was blowing??

CarlP
07-18-2005, 07:39 PM
I lost 9lbs over night from last sunday night-monday morning, about 8 hours or so. Its no big deal.

Wow. Did you leave anything in bed? ;)

Unholy
07-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Nope ;)

waynis
07-18-2005, 07:48 PM

were you boozing it up?