PDA

View Full Version : Cutting and Bulking - your opinion?

pastdoubt
12-14-2001, 02:40 PM
Okay, I've always read that you should multiply your bodyweight times 10 - 12 when determining the number of calories to eat while losing fat. I don't think this is accurate as I think your lean mass would have more of an effect on metabolism than your bodyweight. So here's my idea:

Cutting:

LBM x 13 - 15 = calories needed

Bulking:

LBM x 18 - 20 = calories needed

So right now my lean mass is around 152 lbs, so to cut body fat I should be getting around 2000 to 2250 calories per day...

Assuming I lose minimal muscle while cutting, once I begin bulking (at around 12 - 10% BF, maybe higher depending on when I feel the time is right) I would need around 2750 to 3000 calories per day.

Does this sound about right? If you need to know, again, my stats are 17yo, 5'10", 199lb, 23.6% BF

Dave
12-15-2001, 05:25 AM
sounds like a good plan. What are your daily meal plans going to be. This is very & I mean very importtant that you consume good quality calories.
Dave

dharmendra
12-17-2001, 12:42 AM
this multiplication thing to me does not seem to be the most appropriate method for I think it does not take into consideration the fastness or slowness of ones metabolism.

I think a better idea is to calulate your basic intake (i.e the calorie count on which you nither gain or lose weight ) and then add or subtract 500- 1000 cals according to yuor needs and metabolism. (slow - fast ) this should work provided the added cals are in form of mainly protien.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? ??:newbie: