PDA

View Full Version : Raw Eggs

Munky
07-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Anyone here eat raw eggs? Is it safer now than it was in the past? I'm only asking because i'm lookin for some quick calories and i'm too lazy to cook sometimes.

getfit
07-20-2005, 10:19 AM
i've put egg whites in my shake a few times, there's alot of things you can eat for quick calories

Unholy
07-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Natty peanut butter, almonds, low fat cheese. All great and good tasting cals you can have on the run.

YungLifter
07-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Yeah raw egg whites arn't the only quick thing out their. It would be a quick thing to drink but if it was me it would also be a quick thing to throw back up, i just find it disgusting.

If you put them in a shake like getfit does it should taste alot better but just cracking open an egg and gulping it down doesn't sound good at all lol.

Munky
07-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the help guys and gals.

Slim Schaedle
07-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Anyone here eat raw eggs? Is it safer now than it was in the past? I'm only asking because i'm lookin for some quick calories and i'm too lazy to cook sometimes.
If you're cracking open regular eggs and puring the whites or the yolk into your favorite shake and consuming it your body is not going to be using that protein.

There was a thread concerning this not too long ago. Look into glycoprotein protein denaturation and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Pasturized egg whites are a different story

Toby Dog
07-20-2005, 01:01 PM
If you want quick eggs but are wary of them raw, I strongly suggets scrambling them and then cooking them for a minute in the microwave. Just break them directly into the bowl, removing youlks as preferred, and then throw it in the there. Cooked eggs in 90 seconds!

Slim Schaedle
07-20-2005, 01:45 PM
One note on my post above...I was not specifically addressing the question of salmonella poining, but rather the body's ability to digest and use the protein from egg protein that has not been denatured.

As toby dog pointed out, you could cook/heat them, and then put themi n the drink.

BG5150
07-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Rocky did it. He turned out okay. :D

Shao-LiN
07-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Use pasteurized egg whites. Generally speaking, they're cooked enough for your body to utilize the protein.