PDA

View Full Version : I need help with fitday.com/diet

jtrap3
07-20-2005, 12:03 PM
I posted a question about protein the other day in the supplement section and I received some great feedback. One person had a link to fitday.com and I have been suing it the past few days. The site seems very easy to use....but I notice most of the nutritional facts seem to be off with the foods section. It told me that honey roasted peanuts have 31 grams of protein and 56 grams of fat....but all of the labels i have ever read say something drastically different. Should I go along with what fitday shows for each food, or are they just giving me a general breakdown? It seems that the fat and protein percentages are higher on there for each item....but it still seems beneficial to use.
Here is the link to my fitday page....please let me know if you have any recommendations for the plan. I am 6'1, 212, 25 yrs old and my goal is to get down to 200-205 range and to cut up. I have been lifting 6x a week since January and have been some great gains, but just want to get cut now or to put on lean mass. Thank you all for your help.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jtrap3

Joe

ryuage
07-20-2005, 12:10 PM
well according to your fitday if you ate 5 cups of the stuff ya it would be somewhere around there

jtrap3
07-20-2005, 02:27 PM
I understand teh rates will be high for 5 servings, but on average the rates of protein/fat/calories seem pretty high on the site per each item. I am not sure if fitday does thsi to cover themselves by inflating the rates or not......
does anybody else use fitday? any advice? any other sites you use?

YungLifter
07-20-2005, 02:42 PM
OK heres what I think is the problem. 5Cups of Peanuts is ALOT OF PEANUTS!! The serving size that is shown on the back of the can/bag of peanuts is 1 serving(usually 1oz/ about 25-28 peanuts. How many servings do you think you can fit in a cup? I'd say atleast about 3. The problem I think is your using two different portion sizes

bunun
07-23-2005, 10:11 AM
I posted a question about protein the other day in the supplement section and I received some great feedback. One person had a link to fitday.com and I have been suing it the past few days. The site seems very easy to use....but I notice most of the nutritional facts seem to be off with the foods section. It told me that honey roasted peanuts have 31 grams of protein and 56 grams of fat....but all of the labels i have ever read say something drastically different. Should I go along with what fitday shows for each food, or are they just giving me a general breakdown? It seems that the fat and protein percentages are higher on there for each item....but it still seems beneficial to use.
Here is the link to my fitday page....please let me know if you have any recommendations for the plan. I am 6'1, 212, 25 yrs old and my goal is to get down to 200-205 range and to cut up. I have been lifting 6x a week since January and have been some great gains, but just want to get cut now or to put on lean mass. Thank you all for your help.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jtrap3

Joe

you can always buy a measuring cup, and a scale and make your own custom foods via the custom food option in fitday, even if fitday has the food that you will be eating specified in there database already. i noticed almost everything is off, and i just make custom foods, and input what i see on the labels, and measure everything accordingly, and fitday does the calculations accordingly